MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GU1999

Statistical oddity of the day:

GU has allowed three 51 point games this season and not all in the traditional way:

- Montgomery of SU 51/5/3 (6 made 3s - very rare)
- Fernandaz from IWU 51/13/6
- Bennington from EC  51/8/7

Again, Bennington was just great last night. 

Greek Tragedy

Are those gyms that small? Less than 500? I don't expect 1500-2000, but I would think gyms would seat at least 500.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

WUPHF

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 12, 2019, 03:59:27 PM
Are those gyms that small? Less than 500? I don't expect 1500-2000, but I would think gyms would seat at least 500.

I should have said much more than that.  I would estimate 500 or so, but the D3Hoops website says 1,000 so that must be true.

GU1999

TheOsprey

Very good half for the home team on senior day.😉

GU1999

Crazy things happening this week.  Down hoes Webster.  Kudos to Prin on Senior night!  Very gutsy performance. 

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on February 12, 2019, 08:25:17 AM
Principia vs Webster tonight... let's hope Webster is aware that Prin is coming off back to back wins over Eureka and Westminster....

it's not a night off

yep.....Prin 88  Webster 83

obviously with every one having 2 games left, no win can be taken for granted... GO Font, IWU, Mac and Prin... mess 'em all up!!!!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Hats off to the boys at Principia. I think we all counted them out of being competitive the rest of the season. Definitely not saying "quitters," but really nothing to play for and possibly just going through the motions. However, THREE straight wins and all "good" wins against opponents looking down at them in the standings.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

HUGE game tonight...

Spalding at BC

if Spalding wins, they are locked into 3rd place in conference, BC/EC/WC fight for 4th

if BC wins, all SU/EC/BC/WC all battle for 3rd/4th, any combination possible

Big win for Eureka last night, they didn't let down, ran away from Mac in last 5 minutes....
Big win for Greenville over Westminster, winner take all Webster vs Greenville on Saturday, though we can't forget the Webster-Prin game on Monday...

WUPHF

OK, I just glanced at this, but...

If Webster wins on Saturday, but loses at home to Principia, both teams finish with a 14-4 record and the current standings hold, then Webster wins with the Westminster head to head as most the likely tiebreaker assuming a Westminster win at Mac.

Is that about right?

I guess it is too early to make that call, but the bi-polar Westminster better win at Mac.

Ronald Reagan

If Eureka and Westmin tie for 4th, Westmin gets the nod due to sweeping the Red Devils correct?
Eureka College class of 1932. 40th President of the United States of America.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ronald Reagan on February 14, 2019, 09:58:44 PM
If Eureka and Westmin tie for 4th, Westmin gets the nod due to sweeping the Red Devils correct?

I would guess head to head would be the 1st tie-breaker if those two are the only ones tied. However, the SLIAC could be different with their tie-breaking system.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

ronald is right... I was thinking Eureka had split with Westmin..it was Blackburn and  Spalding that they split with, not Westmin...

Anyway, Spalding loses to Blackburn, so everything comes down to a total  logjam, especially if Fontbonne beats Spalding on Saturday... then if Eureka beat Iowa Wez, Westmin beat Mac, and Blackburn beat Prin, we'd have 4 teams with 10 wins   for 2 spots....

Eureka would be out in that case because of the 2 losses to westmin...puts them at 2-4 vs other 3 teams
westmin would be out with the 2 losses to Blackburn  1-3 against the remaining 2 teams after Eureka eliminated
Blackburn would get 3rd because they beat Webster, Spalding 4th

if Spalding beats Fontbonne they get 3rd
if the other 3 win, leaving EC, WC, BC tied for 4th... EC eliminated because they were 1-3 against the other two, then WC eliminated because they were swept by Blackburn..... 

WC and EC are rooting for BC and Spalding to get beat!!!!

hopefan

With so many different possible combos now for 3rd and 4th... here are the "killers"

Westmin sweep of Eureka
Blackburn sweep of Westminster

in wins vs Webster/Greenville.. Spalding is only team at 0, Eureka is only team to have a win vs both.....Westmin beat GC once, Blackburn beat Webster once...

I do have all the combos, too confusing to write out...
If Spalding beats Fontbonne, they are in... otherwise, just hold on and see.....

interesting though... IF Westmin and Spalding lose and EC and BC win.. it creates a 3 way tie EC, BC, SU.... they all split, it goes to how the teams did vs first place, second place etc, and EC comes in 3rd, BC 4th Spalding out....