FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Boggs

bnarramore,

Welcome to The CRU-nation! I hope your son has a great experience at UMHB both academically and athletically. The school works hard to provide the best possible environment for students and student/athletes to be successful.

UMHB is loaded with talent this year and everyone is really looking forward to the 2016 campaign, especially with Linfield paying a visit to The CRUthedral on Sept. 17. It should be an exciting season!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

DFWCrufan

Good to hear and welcome to the boards and to the Crunation. Have ya'll been out to the faciliities yet? Are ya'll moved in to the area or out of state, the video feed is pretty good if your out of state to follow the games live stream, but if your in town well.. just head on over to the cruthedral, grab a crudog and some crunilla icecream and enjoy. Here's a vid just to give a bit of a taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYYuKxAmkc
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

bnarramore

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  We are from San Diego, California....Jordan played high school football at Ramona High School, and Coronado High School...he was originally recruited by Northern Arizona but a injury his senior year, made that offer disappear...and he then accepted the offer from Humboldt State after that...Our family does not miss games so planning on spending a lot of weekends in Texas the next couple years!  Jordan is familiar with the area he played for the 2013 USA football U18 national team in Austin, and him and i went out to UMHB 2 weeks ago and sat down with the coaching staff and toured the school.  It was down between UMHB and Southern Oregon...but Jordan hit it off with the coaching staff, facilities and the school! Another suprise we did not know going there that Jordan worked out with Coach Lees son in San Diego (they both shared the same QB Coach George Whitfield)  We will be moving Jordan to Texas the end of June to get a jump start on the season before camp starts!  The family is excited for this opportunity Go CRU

GillCJ1

Welcome to the Narramore's!  I hope your son has a great experience the next few years at UMHB.  Looking forward to what this seasons brings.  Go Cru!
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

D O.C.

QuoteI hope your son has a great experience at UMHB
I dunno, Humboldt State managed to tie LINFIELD before THE STREAK began and beat 'em 3 times during THE STREAK.

But! advantage MHB in 2016.

bnarramore

Im starting to get the feel for this Linfield/UMHB rivalry...Ex Humboldt state running back  Sutter Choisser has already contacted my son and said "see you week two"...Shots Fired..with a reply back ..."WEEK TWO GO CRU" lol  cant wait for a great game!

DFWCrufan

Yeah the hot games for the Cru are going to be Linfield, TLU and HSU...I'm interested to see how McMurry fairs this season

Ralph Turner

bnarramore, welcome to the ASC.  +1!

I really hope that you can get in early some Friday nght and watch some small town Texas High School football.

A game in Belton or a trip to Mart would be an experience. Even a 6-man game in Evant or Abbott would be different!

DFWCrufan

Ahh the ol'd Friday Night lights. Miss em since my kids are no longer in HS. Euless Trinty games were such a blast...

BlazeofGlory

A note from the ASC.

Belhaven has begun construction on its new football stadium. It should be ready for 2016. I drove by campus yesterday and dirt is moving!

umhb2001

For the last 10 years of UMHB football, I have walked 100 yards to the game as my wife and I lived on campus with our three #futureCRU. We move off campus this summer but stay in Belton, so I won't be far from campus.  Looking forward to the season and excited by the recent pick up Jordan Narramore.

QB should be an interesting position the next couple of years.  Blake is a stud, so i am excited to see what he brings.  Zane Boles is a great kid. I've interacted with him a couple of times over the summer. Big kid and a great work ethic. Adding Narramore to the mix, assuming he stays behind center, would add depth.  Should be a great position to watch.

RB is going to be exciting.  Assuming our recent pickup from Cameron is back to full health, and with DT from the DC hopefully returning, we should have some great running.  The big focus will be OLine.  Will we return to the dominance we have seen over the course of the program?

Also looking forward to get Kris Brown back at CB.  We should be good in the secondary.

#UpWithThePurple [/color]
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

bnarramore

olddog

Just curious did you look at any SCIAC schools. Redland's QB job is wide open...
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

bnarramore

Redlands was one of the schools that was interested in Jordan, just was not the right fit and did not have his major...He just felt real comfortable with the UMHB staff and thought it was a better fit...

DFWCrufan

Once you go Cru you never look back ~ Abraham Lincoln.