MBB: Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Nikki, March 03, 2005, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattapn02126

couldve been a case of Keene not getting credit for tipins or putbacks... but I see what youre saying.     Probably wasnt as aware as I thought I was.

mattapn02126

Just showin some love to Eric Downie for receiving Northeast Region Player of the Year.

BornBalla

Saw that Chris Harvey got the job at Salem State. Probably a great fit for Salem with his experience at Lasell as far as recruitment. Lasell and Salem seem to have similar type players. He went to 3 straight NCAA's without an automatic bid. Also, his teams at Lasell always played very hard nosed defense which can be linked to the coach. With this change maintain Salem superiority or do the other programs have a shot?

ILive4This

Having watch BSC this weekend against Tufts and then Brandeis, I would say they have a legit shot at winning the conference and taking its Auto bid to NCAA's

JustAFan

Bridgewater will get another early season test this Tuesday night when they host Rhode Island College.

JustAFan

Rhode Island College over Bridgewater St by 2 tonight. BSU had the last possession but missed a 3. Cuddihy kept BSU in the game.  The kid who got hurt at Brandeis didn't play but is going to be OK, I'm told.

JustAFan

Boy, the MASCAC should be a war this year with 3 talented teams competing for the league title. Framingham State travelled to Williams tonight and gave the Ephs all they could handle in a 60-56 loss. Same for Salem State vs. WPI this weekend and Bridgewater State vs. Rhode Island College last week. In each case the MASCAC team came out on the losing end, but all 3 games came down to the wire and could have gone either way.  The MASCAC has to start winning a few of these games to make an argument for an at large berth in the tournament in addition to the league winner, but it certainly looks like a very competitive and wide open league race right now among these 3 teams.

heythere

Quote from: JustAFan on November 29, 2007, 12:02:42 AM
Boy, the MASCAC should be a war this year with 3 talented teams competing for the league title. Framingham State travelled to Williams tonight and gave the Ephs all they could handle in a 60-56 loss. Same for Salem State vs. WPI this weekend and Bridgewater State vs. Rhode Island College last week. In each case the MASCAC team came out on the losing end, but all 3 games came down to the wire and could have gone either way.  The MASCAC has to start winning a few of these games to make an argument for an at large berth in the tournament in addition to the league winner, but it certainly looks like a very competitive and wide open league race right now among these 3 teams.

what about Fitchburg they beat umass boston and ric

MeOak21

The win against RIC is notable... Umass Boston, not so much

Boxer7806

new poster on the board, but the biggest suprise is Framingham state this year...we all new BSC would be good as well as Salem, but Framingham gave Williams all they could handle as well as Brandeis... they had a wide open look at a 3 to tie the game with 4 seconds left but that kid Carey missed it... remember framingahm beat BSC last year... i think this conference has some real good teams this year but i think the top three are Bridgewater, Salem, Framingham in that order

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

What about Fitchburg?  I don't think Salem is getting the automatic at-large berth to the tournament this year and the funny thing is, thing might be the year they have the schedule to earn it legitimately.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Boxer7806

fitchburg is not bad... they beat RIC who is suppose to be good... we will see once league action begins after winter break

atn alum

Hi there

Just letting you know that we'll be broadcasting Salem State's games from the Montclair Tournament on Friday and Saturday.

Go to front page or http://www.d3hoops.com/audio for the link

jamiejohn

Will FSC win the regular season, there up 1 game with 3 to play. If they happen to lose a game and salem wins out , salem owns the tie breaker by beating FSC twice.

uconn05