MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

First Summer League/Open Gym games tonight at Elmhurst at 6:00.

Besides Elmhurst, players from Augie, Aurora, Blackburn, IWU, Loras, North Central, Roosevelt, Trinity Int'l, Trinity Christian, Benedictine, and IIT are expected to participate.

Thanks to EC Coach Baines for organizing things.

Titan Q

Per Whitman's 2018-19 schedule, IWU and Whitman will play in the Cal Lutheran tourney...

http://athletics.whitman.edu/schedule.aspx?schedule=144&path=mbball

Whitman finished 29-2 this season, ranked #3 in the final poll.  The Blues return 4 starters and 9 of their top 10.  The 1 guy they did lose, Tim Howell,  was their leading scorer and an All-American.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Titan Q on June 03, 2018, 08:45:04 AM
Per Whitman's 2018-19 schedule, IWU and Whitman will play in the Cal Lutheran tourney...

Whitman finished 29-2 this season, ranked #3 in the final poll.  The Blues return 4 starters and 9 of their top 10.  The 1 guy they did lose, Tim Howell,  was their leading scorer and an All-American.

Unconfirmed, obviously, until November, but they plan on getting Jojo Wiggins and Jase Harrison back from the Final Four squad - both players missed most of last season due to injury.  They've also announced two pretty high profile transfers in.  They might be able to finish first and third in the NWC next year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I made an argument a few times last year that losing Howell might be an addition by subtraction thing. I think the team could be better with Howell not there.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AndOne

2018-2019 North Central schedule

The non-conference portion of the schedule finds Todd Raridon and the Cardinals taking on last season's top assistant Steve Schweer's Illinois College team on 12/21.

Last season's traditional 1st class, holiday break/warm weather trip was to Hawaii. This season's trip will find the Cardinals winging their way to Las Vegas on 12/29-12/30 for the D3Hooops tournament.

http://northcentralcardinals.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

AndOne

CONGRATS

To Vince Kmiec on being named North Central Men's Basketball Head Assistant Coach.
Vince, who received his Bachelors from NCC in 2014 and his Masters in 2017, first joined the Cardinals' staff as a graduate assistant for the 2015-16, and 2016-17 seasons. He then served as a full time assistant coach this past season.

Kmiec was a four year letter winner and 3 year starter for the Cardinals from 2010-2014.
He finished his career as NCC's all time leader in both steals (173), and free-throw percentage (.830) while ranking third in 3 pointers made (167).
As a junior he set a North Central single-season record with 67 steals and earned Third Team All-CCIW honors while being one of the primary drivers of a team which reached the Division III Final Four.
As a senior he achieved Second Team All-CCIW recognition while averaging 15.0 points per game, and leading the conference in steals (55), and 3 pointers made (56).

Vince is a natural choice for the position. His skill set, bench experience, and communication skills will serve him well in his new position. Congratulations and good luck, Vince.

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT

Justin Hart from Amboy IL HS will be a member of the 2018-19 Cardinal basketball team.
Justin, a 5'11" PG/SG, averaged 13.3 PPG, and 3.3 APG. He was a semi-finalist in the Class 1A Three Point Shooting Contest.
Off the court, Justin was named Amboy's Student of The Year.

robertgoulet

Quote from: AndOne on June 25, 2018, 12:03:38 AM
NCC RECRUIT

Justin Hart from Amboy IL HS will be a member of the 2018-19 Cardinal basketball team.
Justin, a 5'11" PG/SG, averaged 13.3 PPG, and 3.3 APG. He was a semi-finalist in the Class 1A Three Point Shooting Contest.
Off the court, Justin was named Amboy's Student of The Year.

Tough one for me. Rival HS, but college alma mater.
You win! You always do!

Titan Q

The Cal Lutheran tournament games will be...

Dec 28: IWU vs Whitman
Dec 29: IWU vs UW-Stevens Point

tomt4525

Quote from: Titan Q on July 03, 2018, 07:25:54 AM

Do you know what the other games at the Cal Lutheran tourney will be??  I'm wondering if UWSP will play Whitman as well.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: tomt4525 on July 03, 2018, 02:22:13 PM

Do you know what the other games at the Cal Lutheran tourney will be??  I’m wondering if UWSP will play Whitman as well.

The schedule linked in the post says Whitman plays Point on the 29th not IWU/Point. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

tomt4525

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on July 03, 2018, 03:13:31 PM

Do you know what the other games at the Cal Lutheran tourney will be??  I'm wondering if UWSP will play Whitman as well.

The schedule linked in the post says Whitman plays Point on the 29th not IWU/Point.

Wow, I guess I could have answered my own question...I didn't even look at the link.  That should be a non-conference game that will add a regionally ranked opponent for UWSP.

Titan Q

There was a change communicated yesterday...

A mistake was made on my part when sending out the matchups and to correct that mistake, we are changing from a tournament format to a classic.  This will enable all of us to play one in region game and one out of region game as well as helping you three out with your SOS numbers.  The new matchups are:

December 28

Game 1: Whitman v. Illinois Wesleyan
Game 2: UW Stevens Point v. Cal Lutheran

December 29

Game 3: UW Stevens Point v. Illinois Wesleyan
Game 4: Whitman v. Cal Lutheran

My apologies for the mistake.  Hope to see you guys soon.

Tim Fusina     
Head Basketball Coach

Pat Coleman

"In-region" and "out-of-region" are non-factors at this point. All D-III games will count in the primary criteria for all four of those teams.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

tomt4525

Quote from: Titan Q on July 03, 2018, 03:38:59 PM

There was a change communicated yesterday...

A mistake was made on my part when sending out the matchups and to correct that mistake, we are changing from a tournament format to a classic.  This will enable all of us to play one in region game and one out of region game as well as helping you three out with your SOS numbers.  The new matchups are:

December 28

Game 1: Whitman v. Illinois Wesleyan
Game 2: UW Stevens Point v. Cal Lutheran

December 29

Game 3: UW Stevens Point v. Illinois Wesleyan
Game 4: Whitman v. Cal Lutheran

My apologies for the mistake.  Hope to see you guys soon.

Tim Fusina     
Head Basketball Coach

As a Point fan...that's disappointing