MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Titan Q on August 27, 2013, 09:08:15 PM
Yes, after not having a D1 transfer for 15 years, it looks like IWU has its second in about 7 weeks.

How soon they forget. For shame.

Not only did you overlook a D1 transfer to IWU from less than a decade ago, you overlooked a fellow Brother Rice grad -- and a fellow descendant of the Emerald Isle, to boot. Tsk, tsk. Turn in your scorecard and go straight to the clubhouse, young man. There will be no 19th hole for you today.

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 01, 2013, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on August 27, 2013, 09:08:15 PM
Yes, after not having a D1 transfer for 15 years, it looks like IWU has its second in about 7 weeks.

How soon they forget. For shame.

Not only did you overlook a D1 transfer to IWU from less than a decade ago, you overlooked a fellow Brother Rice grad -- and a fellow descendant of the Emerald Isle, to boot. Tsk, tsk. Turn in your scorecard and go straight to the clubhouse, young man. There will be no 19th hole for you today.

Huge fan of Mr. Harrigan - my fellow South Side Irish/Brother Rice grad - but I really was only thinking about D1 scholarship players (even though I didn't clarify that).  Mike was a walk-on at Loyola.

Gregory Sager

Yeah, I suspected that that might've been your reasoning. Still, I'm expected by one and all to flash my membership card in the Persnickety Club at every opportunity around here. I don't want to let anyone down. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

markerickson

Greg:  I see you have changed your by-line from Twain to Clemente.  I recall giving a speech in a Communications class taught by Dean Betty on a most admired person.  Being a Pirate fan upon entering NPC, I chose Roberto Clemente for my topic.  Also, Patty and I went to Milwaukee this weekend* to get away, visit the zoo, and watch the Pirates defeat the Brewers today.  Go Bucs!

The Bucs have two former Cubs:  Felix Pie and Marlon Byrd.  Anybody know whether another playoff-bound team has more ex-Cubs?

*We didn't know it was also the 110th anniversary celebration of the Harley Davidson weekend.  Thousands of riders descended upon Water Street, which was our upscale hotel's address.  I couldn't stop thinking about South Park's episode where the kids successfully expelled the HD poseurs from the quaint CO town.  'Tis an absolutely hilarious episode!!!
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Gregory Sager

North Park's schedule is up. The Bluffton tourney over the holidays, which was a last-minute addition to the NPU schedule after Whitworth and Piedmont both backed out of visiting Chicago to play the Vikings, includes Cincinnati-Clermont and OSU-Lima as well as the host Beavers. Oh, well ... gotta take what you can get when you have late cancellations.

iwu70

Sporting News pre-season poll has IWU at #3 and North Central and Wheaton also in the top 10.  Looks like a great season upcoming of very competitive CCIW hoops.  May be surprises from Millikin and Augie, too.  New coach likely doing a great job at Elmhurst. 

Full article on the IWU website now, link to the full poll.  Dylan Overstreet named pre-season All-American, honorable mention.

Football first, but very much looking forward to a great CCIW basketball season come November.

IWU70

URockets

Quote from: iwu70 on September 04, 2013, 10:59:36 PM
Sporting News pre-season poll has IWU at #3 and North Central and Wheaton also in the top 10.  Looks like a great season upcoming of very competitive CCIW hoops.  May be surprises from Millikin and Augie, too.  New coach likely doing a great job at Elmhurst. 

Full article on the IWU website now, link to the full poll.  Dylan Overstreet named pre-season All-American, honorable mention.

Football first, but very much looking forward to a great CCIW basketball season come November.

IWU70

And the #3 ranking is based on the returning team from last year only, and not the added potential of two D1 transfers. 

iwu70

URock, right you are.  Let's hope the two transfers really add something new and special to the overall Titan attack.  Pretty darn good returning team without them.

CCIW football opens tomorrow -- guess EC beat Loras today 35-9, to kick things off. 

IWU70

iwu70

Given the depth chart above for IWU -- others returning, looks to me like IWU has a JV squad of about 13-14 players too (almost all freshmen or sophomores) -- and have posted a pretty nice JV schedule for the coming year -- 18 or so games.  The program looks about as strong and deep as I can remember. 

IWU70

USee

I have to think IWU is a strong candidate for the #1 ranking overall when the D3 poll comes out. With the team they have returning and the additions, the only issues Rose will have is chemistry and finding enough minutes for all the talent. Won't be many teams with the experience and talent the Titans will bring.

John Gleich

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 03, 2013, 06:06:56 PM
North Park's schedule is up. The Bluffton tourney over the holidays, which was a last-minute addition to the NPU schedule after Whitworth and Piedmont both backed out of visiting Chicago to play the Vikings, includes Cincinnati-Clermont and OSU-Lima as well as the host Beavers. Oh, well ... gotta take what you can get when you have late cancellations.

That's the second time Whitworth has backed out of coming east. UWSP went out there a few years ago and had a home and home agreement... and Whitworth backed out of it.
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

CCIW

What is up with the Wheaton recruiting class and roster for 2013-14?  Usually the Thunder basketball staff has announced their freshmen and team before September has rolled around.  Just seems strange.
CCIW - What the Ivy League Pretends to Be....

AndOne

Quote from: CCIW on September 08, 2013, 06:12:37 PM
What is up with the Wheaton recruiting class and roster for 2013-14?  Usually the Thunder basketball staff has announced their freshmen and team before September has rolled around.  Just seems strange.

Wheaton College
- Ian Asher, 6-0, Guard, Danville High School (IN) --- 17.4 PPG, 3.4 APG
- Danny Park, 5-11, Point Guard, Thomas Jefferson High School (Auburn, WA) --- 9.7 PPG, 5.3 RPG

Can't speak to the schedule CCIW, but regarding any additional recruits, come on. Wheaton has all 5 of their starters returning plus all but 3 of their other players from last year's roster. How many more recruits do they need?  :)

Seriously  ;), the State Department has not quite finished processing the student visas for the remaining recruits. OR, am I confusing the orange school with the red one slightly north of the boarder?   :-X   ;)

iwu70

Yes, a strong WC roster coming back, but looks like a rather thin recruiting year for Wheaton . . . or is there more to come?

Do they have a JV team and schedule lined up?

IWU70

AndOne

Quote from: iwu70 on September 10, 2013, 12:07:07 AM
Yes, a strong WC roster coming back, but looks like a rather thin recruiting year for Wheaton . . . or is there more to come?

Do they have a JV team and schedule lined up?

IWU70

Wheaton has its 2013-14 varsity schedule up, but not its roster or a possible JV schedule.