University Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADL70

Glad you're still following the team. Did you go to the game?

Giving up td at the end of the half hurt too. With no experience at RB I hoped FBs would get more carries. Hope Cuda stays healthy. Freshman QB has a strong arm. He completed several 30 yd passes in the jv game.

How are things going with your son at Penn? Do the work Ivys have a TV deal this year?
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

mustang

Yes, went to the game. My son and several of his class of 2012 teammates were in attendance. Was nice to see them again, they're a really good group of guys.

Penn is going well, new head coach and staff seem to have them stoked for a turnaround. My guy is a senior so this will be my last football season watching my kids play. Definitely bittersweet. As for TV NBC sports network and something called American Sports network are carrying games this season.

Here's hoping Case can build on the positives from Saturday and enjoy a successful season.

thptrek

Cuda played very well for Case. He extended plays by eluding the rush and that led to several TDs.  Give Chicago credit for coming back from 14 down and then rallying after giving up a go ahead TD.  We (Chicago) had a new QB and he seemed to gain confidence as the game went on.  For an opening game both teams looked solid with the exception of the defenses giving up some big plays.

**Go Maroons - 2014 UAA Conference Champs**

ADL70

Ironically each QB was 21-35. Cuda had more yards, while  Moser had 4 passing TDs to Cuda's 3, Cuda rushed for 79 and a TD.

Good luck to UChi in the SAA.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

E.115

Congrats to all UAA teams ending their seasons with winning records:

Carnegie Mellon -- 7-3 (2-1)
Washington U -- 6-4 (2-1)
Case Western Reserve -- 7-3 (1-2)
U Chicago -- 6-4 (1-2)

desertcat1

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Safe travels.  :-*
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

formerd3db

I wish all of you UAA'ers an enjoyable and blessed Thanksgiving Day today and great weekend.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

e_lee

Any of you case guys see who the OC at EKU is? Former Spartan Angelo Mirando has made his way back to NCAA D1 coaching after in my estimation, "falling on the sword" at Mississippi State.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

ADL70

HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

e_lee

I was not aware of that. Good to see guys helping (qualified)guys from their alma mater.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

ADL70

Other former Spartans on the staff: Greg Meyer (RBs) and Tommy Zagorski (OT/TE).
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

DagarmanSpartan

As was being discussed on the PAC board, CMU's recent scheduling announcements seem to suggest that the UAA will cease to sponsor football.

It's a shame that the only conference in the entire NCAA in which every member is also a member of the AAU can't be a viable football conference.

ADL70

It was WUStL joining CCIW for football  that was the death knell for UAA football.  The SAA was never a good fit for them or Chicago.  To my knowledge Chicago still hasn't found a home.  I don't see NYU or Brandeis restarting football.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

wally_wabash

Quote from: ADL70 on March 15, 2016, 05:03:44 PM
It was WUStL joining CCIW for football  that was the death knell for UAA football.  The SAA was never a good fit for them or Chicago.  To my knowledge Chicago still hasn't found a home.  I don't see NYU or Brandeis restarting football.

I think you have to go further back than that.  IMO, when the NCAC went to a full round robin which had to cut out the UAA/NCAC games intermingled through October, that was probably the moment where a 4-team UAA wasn't going to last much longer.  CWRU had a year there where they only played 9 games and had to get games with schools in Texas, Oregon, Maryland, and Washington even to get to 9 games.  To say nothing of tournament access for the moment, putting together an independent schedule is next to impossible in the current landscape. 

It's unfortunate that the conference won't continue, but I think it was an inevitable byproduct of the current D-III football landscape.  I think the UAA schools have made the proper choice for the benefit of their student athletes to find affiliations that will guarantee them 10-game seasons and fair access to the postseason.   
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

DagarmanSpartan