FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyco80

Pass incomplete - LYCOMING WINS!

Coach G gets to 250 wins!

Guess those who predicted Lycoming's team would just fold up their tent and give up and lose the rest of the season were wrong.

Warriors go to 6-4 overall and defeated a nationally ranked Ithaca team - not too shabby for a team that supposedly has a fork stuck in them!

Way to go, lads.

All the best.

maAggie5

Del Val 36 Widner 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Aggies! Great game by Silver and Porter on D and Marshall on O!!! Oh and btw nice sportsmanship once again by Widner.

D3Phan

maAggie..don't start that again...there was 1 player who didn't shake hands and ran to the door of his lockeroom(snicker) only for it to be LOCKED! it was waaaaaaaaaay too funny..him ranting and raving and cursing for someone to let him in! sometimes things have a way of kicking ya in da butt! ( still laughing about it myself) other then that I didnt see anything else.

Way to go Aggies!

Simba

Ok...Joe Paterno, Eddie Robinson, Bobby Bowden, Pop Warner, Amos Alonzo Stagg, John Gagliardi...You can now add Frank Girardi to that distinguished list of NCAA Football Coaching Legends...250 Wins in 34 years covering four decades of coaching excellence...G, you know I speak for many of your former players when I say Congratulations on achieving this milestone...We're all honored to have played for you....Curry, Wise, Weber, Dr. B, Jerry, Frank jr and AC...You're the team within the team that made this happen...Congratulations also and enjoy the moment...Very few coaches in America get the opportunity to work with a Legend every Fall...Simba

Lyco80

Simba,

Well said, my friend, and sorry I could not be with you today to revel in the milestone accomplishment of the man, the staff, the program, and of course, this edition of the Warriors!

I only wish I was at the house having some pasta with players across the spectrum of years.

Thanks for your always good posts.

All the best.

Lyco80

By the way - for any of you mathematically inclined posters - Coach G's wins work out to 7.35 per year - not too shabby at all.

Congrats to DVC, Wilkes and Widener on very good years. 

The MAC continues to be a bruising conference that tears itself apart week after week.  I sometimes wonder if all the league struggle doesn't weaken whoever represents us in the NCAA contest.  It may be a bias, but it appears that many other leagues send the same handful of teams every year perhaps indicating a lack of parity in their schedules.  I only know this - to win the MAC - and to do it undefeated - takes guts, guile and talent.  But the struggle to get the crown often leaves the victor vulnerable to a first round NCAA let-down.

Go Aggies - all the way!

All the best.

patron2

Dont worry bro, the fork will be stuck even further.  I love how you crow about a 6-4 season.  Must be tough to swallow after so many years of winning a lot of games.

The fork in Lyco will be dug even further next year and the year after.  If you think kids from the Philly area are driving by DVC, Widener, and the sparkling new facilities at Albright to play in Williamsport, you have another thing coming.  Good luck spreading the Scranton talent pool with Wilkes and Kings.

Lycomings slide has begun.

Billman56

A big congrats to Juniata for their first win...nice job guys. The team players, coaches, fans and supporters are a real class act, both before and after the game last week, DVC vs Juniata....Good luck next year.

Patron2...Everything is cyclical...Lycos time will come again, even with all of your negativity....you should get a life and go vent your venom there...really, no one wants to hear how much you dislike any team.
Lyco had a tough year and they are never an easy "W".

barroomhero

Billman56,

sorry to bust your bubble but FDU won not Juniata. Read the press release. I saw it on the scoreboard too and was disapointed at first. FDU looked better this year. Making progress. Possibly over .500 next year.

Pat Coleman

Wonder which one of the schools reported the score. We never hear from Juniata, so that isn't likely.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Lyco80

I do not normally do this sort of thing, however:  Pat, I realize we are on the eve of playoff brackets and the like but why is Coach G's 250th victory receiving so little press?  I suppose if Lycoming were the cream of the MAC this year and on their way to the NCAA's it would be a better and bigger story.  Regardless, it is a lifetime accomplishment that is clearly due some attention and yet I see not a mention of it on the D3 web site other than some random postings from guys like me.

Naturally, victory has many parents while defeat usually remains an orphan.

In the words of O'Reilly:  "What say you?"

All the best.

UNION 82

Quote from: Lyco80 on November 13, 2005, 08:03:46 AM
I do not normally do this sort of thing, however:  Pat, I realize we are on the eve of playoff brackets and the like but why is Coach G's 250th victory receiving so little press?  I suppose if Lycoming were the cream of the MAC this year and on their way to the NCAA's it would be a better and bigger story.  Regardless, it is a lifetime accomplishment that is clearly due some attention and yet I see not a mention of it on the D3 web site other than some random postings from guys like me.

Naturally, victory has many parents while defeat usually remains an orphan.

In the words of O'Reilly:  "What say you?"

All the best.

CONGRATS LYCO,

UNION 82 normally does not do this either, but U82 believes Pat and the other D-3 site keepers have been "a bit busy" since 5:00 PM yesterday.

Most of the pages to the site weren't accessible SAT night due to traffic. I'm sure they wil get to it.

It certainly is an honor well worth mentioning, and is an honor to all who have contributed to the long-term success as well, coaches, players, fans as well.
CONGRATS AGAIN. 
Take sh*t from no man, woman, child, or small animal.

patcummings

I will certainly have some recognition of the accomplishment this week in my column...but whatever you do, don't ask Pat Coleman to put something on the site today about it.

This weekend is the number one weekend of the year for traffic on the website.  Pat Coleman is in Bristol, CT preparing for his appearance on ESPN's selection show.  Predicting the brackets is tougher this year because there are more variables to consider with more teams. 

And beyond that...250 is one thing...but John Gagliardi has triple the wins plus some.  This isn't exactly a record or anything.  Frank Girardi has done some great things at Lyco, and congrats for the milestone.

If it happened on another weekend, expect more play.  That being said...it was the main sports story in the Williamsport Sun Gazette...

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=330

patcummings

Despite MaAggie5's comments regarding good sportsmanship in the Widener/Del Val game, I will contend the sarcasm...

Not a single personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct, late hit, unnecessary roughness...the line for the postgame handshake stretched across the field. 

If there were one or two players who evaded the handshake, so be it - but for the heated rivalry that this game tends to be, Gordon and I remarked at how clean it was.  A good testament to both coaches and their teams.

And if someone wants to come on and say so and so was talking smack throughout the game, go ahead and do so...but find me a game where that really doesn't happen...

Rolevio

Quote from: patcummings on November 13, 2005, 12:26:26 PM
I will certainly have some recognition of the accomplishment this week in my column...but whatever you do, don't ask Pat Coleman to put something on the site today about it.

This weekend is the number one weekend of the year for traffic on the website.  Pat Coleman is in Bristol, CT preparing for his appearance on ESPN's selection show.  Predicting the brackets is tougher this year because there are more variables to consider with more teams. 

And beyond that...250 is one thing...but John Gagliardi has triple the wins plus some.  This isn't exactly a record or anything.  Frank Girardi has done some great things at Lyco, and congrats for the milestone.

If it happened on another weekend, expect more play.  That being said...it was the main sports story in the Williamsport Sun Gazette...

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=330

In addition, Guru also mentioned on the LL board that the servers crashed last yesterday as well.
In Search of Holladawg