FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Yea Rowan probably would have won like 35-6 I bet if the game was played there.

rams1102

What do you Widner fans think about the game this Sat against Montclair ? What are the facilities at Widner like. I hear this board is the place for negative Karma, so I'm told.

LET'S  GO  MIGHTY  RED  HAWKS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

HouseCalls

Patron2 to say Lyco is done come on, every dynasty falls but eventually they will rebuild again.  Lycoming College Football really put MAC football on the map in the late 80s and the 90s. Hell coach G has more wins by himself than a lot of other programs do in the MAC.  Lyco represented the MAC twice in the Stagg Bowl and a lot of playoff appearances. So the great one ,Girardi, will have his program back.  A person with his experience, you never count him and his team out. 

Simba

Quote from: rams1102 on November 14, 2005, 08:02:11 PM
What do you Widner fans think about the game this Sat against Montclair ? What are the facilities at Widner like. I hear this board is the place for negative Karma, so I'm told.

LET'S  GO  MIGHTY  RED  HAWKS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd say don't go on the E8 board unless you want bad Karma...I got -4 on one fact I expressed after we beat Ithaca...Tough crowd...  :)

Lyco80

[
i'd say don't go on the E8 board unless you want bad Karma...I got -4 on one fact I expressed after we beat Ithaca...Tough crowd...  :)

Funny, I have never observed you to have bad karma in more than twenty years of knowing you.  Maybe it was just the shock of losing to a team they might have been looking past?

Regardless, they are a witty, knowledgeable but brutal bunch to one another.

All the best.

Chum Slam

First and foremost congrats DelVal and Wilkes for getting into the dance. I wish you both only the best of luck. And Ill be at the Wilkes game Saturday.

After witnessing the horrendous performance of Widener and DelVal Saturday I think DelVal is gonna have a tough time in the post season. Their lack of a power running game will hurt them, however they have been there before and know what it takes to win.

I think Wilkes has a good chance to shock Rowan this week. Wilkes is very strong up front on both sides of the ball and very physical. I think they will pound the ball and control the clock. If they can keep it close they have a chance.

Good luck MAC teams this week.
"Worrilow, get away from me before I choke you"  -Sama-

patron2

I dont think that the climate is the same for Lyco any more.  The things that Coach G was able to do to build his program 30 years ago, will not work anymore.

Other teams in the conference have made as big or bigger commitment to their facilities.

Other teams in the conference have made as big or bigger commitment to the recruiting.

Other teams in the conference have made as big or bigger commitment to their coaches salaries.

Other teams in the conference are closer to the talent pool of the Philly area.

Coach G is a product of timing, not coaching talent.  He got into the game when it was ripe for the picking, so he gets credit for that.  But for him to rebuild Lycoming into a national power again?  I just dont see it happening with so many other teams stepping up.  The recruits will be spread a little thinner.  The location of the school will be a bigger factor.  The facilities Lycoming has arent as shiny and new as they once were.

The Jones' have caught up to Lyco.  It is just not the same place that it once was, except for the arrogance from its fans, coaches, and players.

Quote from: HouseCalls on November 14, 2005, 09:28:12 PM
Patron2 to say Lyco is done come on, every dynasty falls but eventually they will rebuild again.  Lycoming College Football really put MAC football on the map in the late 80s and the 90s. Hell coach G has more wins by himself than a lot of other programs do in the MAC.  Lyco represented the MAC twice in the Stagg Bowl and a lot of playoff appearances. So the great one ,Girardi, will have his program back.  A person with his experience, you never count him and his team out. 

Warren Thompson

patron2:

Just out of curiosity, do you have hard evidence to back up your claims above?

JT

The E8 posters a humorless lot. 

Naked Nott Run

UTah, JT... what is up with the haters on the E8 stealing all my karma like it was their's... damn I am tired of it
Anyone notice how none of the kids from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were even a little bit cool... Where was the athlete who pile drives wonka into the chocolate river??? Coulda done sooo much more with that "classic"

Lyco80

Quote from: Warren Thompson on November 15, 2005, 08:49:58 AM
patron2:

Just out of curiosity, do you have hard evidence to back up your claims above?

patron2 - concur w/ WT

As a member of the Lycoming College alumni board I know that of which I write:

Let me reiterate - during the timespan you cite - Lycoming added a new gymnasium, recreational center complete with indoor track, and much-improved football and soccer complex - the latter with turf field.  So much for facilities.  (By the way - a new facility campaign is in the offing too with significant millions of dollars already pledged).

Rob Curry, Assistant AD, continues to recruit across the NJ-PA-NY spectrum as always, and is making inroads into MD - so much for recruiting.

The school has not moved in its proximity from Philly or South Jersey or anywhere else in nearly 200 years.  Despite that, student-athletes somehow manage to make the arduous and long trek to Williamsport every year from Philly and elsewhere.  I noticed many cars in the parking lot at Lycoming too so somebody must be able to stomach the ride up the northeast extension from Philly and South Jersey.

Did you know, for a fact, that there is a 500 mile radius that college administrators know is nearly inviolate for student matriculation?  Therefore, since research indicates that students will attend colleges within a 500 mile radius - and Williamsport is clearly within that arc for the areas you cite - your concern regarding the distance and passing other schools is debunked.

Granted, other schools have improved - some significantly - as in the case of DVC.  However, Widener has always been a MAC power and Albright and Wilkes always very tough opponents regardless of everything you point out.  This is more an ebb and flow than a hard and fast trend.  Besides, if Lycoming were to implode tomorrow the football team's record of accomplishment would still be striking.

Naturally, I am proud of my alma mater, but pride does not blind me to acknowledge the accomplishments of DVC, Wilkes and Widener, especially DVC, recently. 

If you take the long view you will see that MAC teams and others rise and fall.  For instance, Western Maryland, aka McDaniel, used to be a terror but has lately fallen on hard times.  Maybe they are too far from Philly also?

As if all this were not enough, and it should be:

the college endowment grew from 17 million dollars to 116 million dollars, the college has an extremely small student faculty ratio, 90% of the students receive financial aid, the college is ranked with 100 other top schools with the highest bond rating (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Williams, etc), 90% of all faculty are at their terminal degree point - meaning that Lycoming enjoys a tremenduous ratio of Ph.D to instructor ratio ensuring that you sit under accomplished instructors not graduate students.  Need I go on?

The MAC board breathlessly awaits your reasoned reply.

However, since to date you only seem to be able to muster opinions . . .  (please feel free to finish this anyway you choose).

And besides ranting - you still have not declared who you root for. 

All the best.

JT

NNR,

Some people who journey on to post patterns take opinions posted as personal affronts.   It seems to affect certain boards more than others: NWC, OAC, E8, NJAC sometimes.  That's why the LL is so much fun. If they know they are getting under your skin, they'll make a concerted effort to drive that person nuts.

Naked Nott Run

yeah i just took -3 more in 2 minutes...the fun times are over for nNR
Anyone notice how none of the kids from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were even a little bit cool... Where was the athlete who pile drives wonka into the chocolate river??? Coulda done sooo much more with that "classic"

guyman

Good Luck to Moravian in the ECAC Playoffs.

Simba

-2 on our own board now...I'm starting to feel like I work for the Bush Administration...  :)