FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertgoulet

Quote from: Titan Q on June 04, 2020, 09:47:24 AM
NCC #1 and Wheaton #2 in Street & Smith's 2020 Preseason Top 25...

https://twitter.com/IWUhoopscom/status/1267596971428192256?s=20

Has to be the previous year champ is automatic #1, right? Trying to replace the best QB in D3 with no offseason...I just can't see it.
You win! You always do!

Kovo

Quote from: robertgoulet on June 05, 2020, 09:56:12 AM

Has to be the previous year champ is automatic #1, right? Trying to replace the best QB in D3 with no offseason...I just can't see it.

Also, it could have a little something to do with 17 returning starters, three preseason 1st team All Americans including a 2k rusher and a 2k receiver.

With NCC #1 and Wheaton #2 (at least for now---the D3.com poll has much more credibility in my view), and a number of other strong programs---can we include the CCIW in the conversation as the strongest conference in the land?

USee

Quote from: Kovo on June 05, 2020, 12:12:06 PM

Also, it could have a little something to do with 17 returning starters, three preseason 1st team All Americans including a 2k rusher and a 2k receiver.

With NCC #1 and Wheaton #2 (at least for now---the D3.com poll has much more credibility in my view), and a number of other strong programs---can we include the CCIW in the conversation as the strongest conference in the land?

The article in SM was written by D3.Com's Keith McMillian. I don't know who contributed to the preseason poll, but he clearly has NCC 1 and Wheaton 2.

NCC has 17 starters back so that's a big reason. Wheaton also has 17 starters back including their QB and 9 defensive starters. Those two are top 5 quality teams for sure.

Kovo

Quote from: USee on June 05, 2020, 12:59:00 PM

The article in SM was written by D3.Com's Keith McMillian. I don't know who contributed to the preseason poll, but he clearly has NCC 1 and Wheaton 2.

NCC has 17 starters back so that's a big reason. Wheaton also has 17 starters back including their QB and 9 defensive starters. Those two are top 5 quality teams for sure.

IMHO it should have been NCC vs the Crusaders in the Stagg Bowl last year.  Quite frankly, the Crusaders underachieved in the playoffs last year.  Again, just my view.  I'm sure lots of SJU, UWW and UMHB people disagree.

USee

Quote from: Kovo on June 05, 2020, 01:11:48 PM

IMHO it should have been NCC vs the Crusaders in the Stagg Bowl last year.  Quite frankly, the Crusaders underachieved in the playoffs last year.  Again, just my view.  I'm sure lots of SJU, UWW and UMHB people disagree.

Their kicker certainly underachieved, otherwise you probably would have seen them there.

Kovo

Quote from: USee on June 05, 2020, 01:29:34 PM
Quote from: Kovo on June 05, 2020, 01:11:48 PM

Their kicker certainly underachieved, otherwise you probably would have seen them there.

I disagree.  They should have won by two scores.  Not left hanging on a 35 yard PAT to get to overtime---with no guarantees in overtime.

USee

Kicker had 3 tries to make 2 and there would have been no overtime (3 to make 1 with OT). He went 0-3 down the stretch. How should they have won by 2 scores exactly? Unless you are counting our DB's falling down on 2 long TD passes, something they didn't do all year. Doesn't matter, we didn't do enough to win.

Kovo

Quote from: USee on June 08, 2020, 04:48:10 PM
Kicker had 3 tries to make 2 and there would have been no overtime (3 to make 1 with OT). He went 0-3 down the stretch. How should they have won by 2 scores exactly? Unless you are counting our DB's falling down on 2 long TD passes, something they didn't do all year. Doesn't matter, we didn't do enough to win.

Actually, I am counting all of it.  DBs falling down, missed kicks, six penalties (including a terrible one after the touchdown and a worse one on the first missed PAT), two fumbles lost.  Team effort.  I can't look at that game and pin the loss all on one kid.  The Crusaders had the better team, were at home, and let loose with a stinker.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Kovo on June 08, 2020, 09:10:42 PM

Actually, I am counting all of it.  DBs falling down, missed kicks, six penalties (including a terrible one after the touchdown and a worse one on the first missed PAT), two fumbles lost.  Team effort.  I can't look at that game and pin the loss all on one kid.  The Crusaders had the better team, were at home, and let loose with a stinker.

I watched the Cru look very beatable against Hardin Simmons in the regular season, I know it's just one game but that just didn't look like a stagg bowl UMHB team like I'd seen in the past.

emma17

Congratulations to THE Conference of Teams to Beat.
CCIW sure earned it last year.

izzy stradlin

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on June 09, 2020, 10:15:59 AM

I watched the Cru look very beatable against Hardin Simmons in the regular season, I know it's just one game but that just didn't look like a stagg bowl UMHB team like I'd seen in the past.

Kovo is referring to the Wheaton Crusaders (Thunder)

Kovo

Quote from: izzy stradlin on June 09, 2020, 10:16:38 PM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on June 09, 2020, 10:15:59 AM

Kovo is referring to the Wheaton Crusaders (Thunder)

Yes, call them what you want but I know who they are!

But, the point is well taken.

CardinalAlum

North Central announced that they will be going back to school and plan to participate in athletics for the coming year.   What other conference schools have made their plans known?
D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

Gregory Sager

North Park is starting on time in late August, but will conduct classes on Labor Day and during what would have been fall break. Classes will end at Thanksgiving, with all fall-semester finals to be conducted online after Thanksgiving. Some classes will be conducted online as well, and the ones that aren't will mostly be held in larger spaces on campus, such as Anderson Chapel, in order to provide better social distancing. Dining hall service is being revamped to emphasize take-out meals, masks in public indoor spaces and periodic temperature checks will be mandatory, and most campus activity will take place in the Johnson Science and Community Center, which, being only a few years old, has the best HVAC system on campus and can provide better and cleaner air circulation.

As of last report, all systems are go with NPU athletics for the fall, although it would not surprise me if there will eventually be some changes to the schedules of various Vikings fall sports to accommodate what seems to be a growing movement in D3 to restrict student-athlete travel this coming school year. Nothing's been changed yet, but, with regard to football, I wonder if the September 5 trip to Minnesota to play Bethel is going to take place as planned.

I'm looking forward to getting back behind the mic at the Holmgren Athletic Complex!
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hazzben

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 29, 2020, 12:10:01 PM

As of last report, all systems are go with NPU athletics for the fall, although it would not surprise me if there will eventually be some changes to the schedules of various Vikings fall sports to accommodate what seems to be a growing movement in D3 to restrict student-athlete travel this coming school year. Nothing's been changed yet, but, with regard to football, I wonder if the September 5 trip to Minnesota to play Bethel is going to take place as planned.

I'm hoping it doesn't get axed. I've been looking forward to this game. If it happens, and you're in town for it, love to find a time to meet you in person.