FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(509)Rat

They really need to find another year of eligibility for Elliot...it's not like as a coach he can give the current roster his arm strength and accuracy...  ;D

wildcat11

Ha.  Brett was freaking great.  That offense was already good but adding Brett was almost unfair.

He's a darn good coach and going to add an awesome element to an already outstanding staff. Any Linfield fan should be excited about this announcement.

Here Rat this one is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxHhcCW_78&t=228s  I can only hope that you're in one of these clips!

D O.C.

(509)Rat

wc11 could take out the word "almost" and it would still be true.

In high school you could make up a lot of ground on a WR due to less than accurate throws or lack of arm strength. Maybe 3-4 yards at times. Most d3 qbs you needed to be within a yard and still had a chance to make a play on the ball. With BE, if you were in man or carrying someone through your zone and you weren't right on his hip, you weren't gonna touch the ball. Not to mention even if you were on Casey's hip, you still had a low chance of coming down with that ball.

wildcat11

Quote from: (509)Rat on January 03, 2019, 06:08:10 PM
wc11 could take out the word "almost" and it would still be true.

In high school you could make up a lot of ground on a WR due to less than accurate throws or lack of arm strength. Maybe 3-4 yards at times. Most d3 qbs you needed to be within a yard and still had a chance to make a play on the ball. With BE, if you were in man or carrying someone through your zone and you weren't right on his hip, you weren't gonna touch the ball. Not to mention even if you were on Casey's hip, you still had a low chance of coming down with that ball.

So spot on, Rat. We've seen a lot of good QB's in our conference over the years but none of them can touch Brett with regards to that accuracy and ability to drop it right in the window.

bluenote

If Linfield isn't back in the Pack.... of the top 5... I'll eat my hat at a mud drag in Willammina!  :P

MUC57

Quote from: Bluenote on January 21, 2019, 12:49:48 AM
If Linfield isn't back in the Pack.... of the top 5... I'll eat my hat at a mud drag in Willammina!  :P

Hi, my friend. Nice to hear from you. Glad you survived the holidays. I also hope Linfield gets back in the thick of it this year. So, Go 'Cats and Go Raiders in 2019!  :o  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DFWCrufan

I have to agree, I don't see Whitworth being a big dog in that conference for more then a once or twice, Cats stumbled this season, they will claw their way back into the top seat.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

(509)Rat

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 21, 2019, 08:54:47 AM
I have to agree, I don't see Whitworth being a big dog in that conference for more then a once or twice, Cats stumbled this season, they will claw their way back into the top seat.

That's a hot take...

George Thompson

No one has posted in almost two months?      Doesn't anyone have anything to say about some sports?

DOC, how are you?     Getting better I hope.

George
GO CATS! GO!

D O.C.

Thank-you, getting stamina back but no gym or surfing yet. Harder than I thought when they tear up your core.

I watch this site for new takes and, you're right, apparently no new info from the Rutschman Field House. You're probably wondering about spring ball and signings. IN due time, I surmise.
Just no 800 mile away game with bus break downs to begin 2019, please.

George Thompson

DOC,

Glad to hear you're better.    I, too, have had a rough health period since early Feb.     Much better now.

No long bus trip, but a 3,000 mile plane ride to meet a team who has a score to settle. 

Keep getting better, DOC.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

swede

What's going on with
St. Thomas possibly being kicked
out of the MIAC?

swede

What Pacific University grad  won a gold medal in the Olympics?

(509)Rat

Whitworth was going to play a game in Hawaii but it got cancelled. That's all I got.