MBB: Colonial States Athletic Conference

Started by Coach C, April 08, 2005, 02:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: mailsy on March 02, 2018, 08:06:12 AM
Game day!

Looking forward to the games tonight. If any pollsters are going to be at Cabrini tonight stop by and say hi. I'll be at both games. I sit opposite of the home bench, 3rd row. I'll be wearing Cabrini blue.

GO CAVS!!!

Gordon Mann is there, but are you?  Unexpected snow is delaying the starts of those games.  Albright just arrived about 40 minutes prior to game time.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

mailsy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 02, 2018, 04:58:52 PM
Quote from: mailsy on March 02, 2018, 08:06:12 AM
Game day!

Looking forward to the games tonight. If any pollsters are going to be at Cabrini tonight stop by and say hi. I'll be at both games. I sit opposite of the home bench, 3rd row. I'll be wearing Cabrini blue.

GO CAVS!!!

Gordon Mann is there, but are you?  Unexpected snow is delaying the starts of those games.  Albright just arrived about 40 minutes prior to game time.

Yes! A 45 minute ride turned into 3 hours and 15 minutes. Lots of trees down. I was 4 miles from the campus and it took over an hour to get there.  :P
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

mailsy

Cavs win! Final 88-86. In a game where Cabrini misses 18 FTs(12-30). Derryl Bagwell wins it with a 2 with .2 secs left. Staten Island couldn't get a shot off. #23 for CSI goes for 38 in the loss. Tyheim Monroe scored his 2000 point in the game. But was hurt on the last play of the game. Doesn't look good for tomorrow.

Game's at 7:30 against Springfield who also won by the identical score.

mailsy

Congrats to Springfield. They shot the lights out tonight. Tough way to lose tonight. It was a great year for the Cavs. They finished the season at 25-4. One of the best seasons in Cavs History.

We say goodbye to the 2 seniors Derryl Bagwell and one of the best players in  Cabrini career history, Tyheim Monroe.

Derryl finishes his career with 1127 points 584 rebounds and 279 assists.

Tyheim finishes his outstanding career with 2030 career points, 1480 rebounds and 266 assists. He finishes first statistically for Cabrini and the CSAC and 5th all time in D3 for rebounding. First in scoring for Cabrini and 5th all time in the CSAC.

Both will be missed. Best of luck in their future endeavors. And as always....

GO CAVS!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: mailsy on March 03, 2018, 11:35:23 PM
Congrats to Springfield. They shot the lights out tonight. Tough way to lose tonight. It was a great year for the Cavs. They finished the season at 25-4. One of the best seasons in Cavs History.

We say goodbye to the 2 seniors Derryl Bagwell and one of the best players in  Cabrini career history, Tyheim Monroe.

Derryl finishes his career with 1127 points 584 rebounds and 279 assists.

Tyheim finishes his outstanding career with 2030 career points, 1480 rebounds and 266 assists. He finishes first statistically for Cabrini and the CSAC and 5th all time in D3 for rebounding. First in scoring for Cabrini and 5th all time in the CSAC.

Both will be missed. Best of luck in their future endeavors. And as always....

GO CAVS!!!

He's 6th in rebounding all time - I know the record book only shows average, so it misses the 1496 total of Jeff Gibbs.  He ended up two short of 5th place (assuming there aren't other higher total lower down on the rebound average list that don't show up).
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

mailsy

Congrats to Cabrini's Coach Tim McDonald and Senior Tyheim Monroe. Tim was named NABC Atlantic District Coach of the Year and Tyheim was announced as Player of the Year.

http://www.cabriniathletics.com/news/2018/3/12/basketball-men-monroe-and-mcdonald-collect-top-atlantic-district-honors-from-nabc.aspx

mailsy

Another award for Cabrini's Tyheim Monroe. D3hoops Atlantic Regional POY. Also Congrats to 2 other CSAC players. Neumann's Tyaire Hudson 3rd team and Aaron Johnson-Chavez, Co-ROY.

http://www.d3hoops.com/awards/all-region/2017-18/atlantic-men

mailsy

Pat Coleman

Quote from: mailsy on March 19, 2018, 05:43:31 PM
TRAVESTY!!

Third team. Seriously?!?! :o ??? ::)

Yes. We only put five on a team, and that's only two or three big men. It's hard to make the All-America team at all, let alone the first two teams.

Twenty-five players, more than 2,000 starters in Division III. It's the top 1.2%.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

mailsy

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 20, 2018, 12:01:52 AM
TRAVESTY!!

Yes. We only put five on a team, and that's only two or three big men. It's hard to make the All-America team at all, let alone the first two teams.

Twenty-five players, more than 2,000 starters in Division III. It's the top 1.2%.

Just a reminder. If you haven't seen this.

http://www.cabriniathletics.com/news/2018/3/20/basketball-men-monroe-names-nabc-division-iii-player-of-the-year.aspx

http://www.cabriniathletics.com/news/2018/3/19/basketball-men-diii-news-names-monroe-national-player-of-the-year.aspx

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: mailsy on March 20, 2018, 11:38:22 AM
TRAVESTY!!

http://www.cabriniathletics.com/news/2018/3/20/basketball-men-monroe-names-nabc-division-iii-player-of-the-year.aspx

http://www.cabriniathletics.com/news/2018/3/19/basketball-men-diii-news-names-monroe-national-player-of-the-year.aspx

You pointing that at us?

First off, the NABC's system is not the same as normal lists. They choose one player from each region to be on the team of eight. Thus there could be players better than others on the first team because there is no way to get more than one per region on a team. The best player in the eyes of the NABC coaches in the Atlantic Region always makes the first team. That just makes it seem like all-regions are equal.

Secondly, DIII News isn't exactly known to a) do much about Division III basketball throughout a season and b ) pay that close attention. It is a nice nod from them, but they don't sway us in any way shape or form (neither does the NABC for that matter).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

mailsy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 20, 2018, 11:41:06 AM
Quote from: mailsy on March 20, 2018, 11:38:22 AM
TRAVESTY!!

You pointing that at us?

First off, the NABC's system is not the same as normal lists. They choose one player from each region to be on the team of eight. Thus there could be players better than others on the first team because there is no way to get more than one per region on a team. The best player in the eyes of the NABC coaches in the Atlantic Region always makes the first team. That just makes it seem like all-regions are equal.

Secondly, DIII News isn't exactly known to a) do much about Division III basketball throughout a season and b ) pay that close attention. It is a nice nod from them, but they don't sway us in any way shape or form (neither does the NABC for that matter).

Just pointed it out for those that read the boards.
Wow! SMH

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I asked if you were pointing them at us. You quoted Pat which made it seem like a direct comment back like we hadn't seen them. When you quote someone back it appears you are in direct conversation, rebuttal of that person's comments.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

NABC Player of the Year is a great honor. We didn't agree with it, but that's OK. There's enough to go around.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.