MIAA chat

Started by Trailer Dog, July 19, 2006, 07:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsocdad

Any thoughts on who looks good for the coming season and if any team scored well recruiting?  It's difficult to learn about recruits for DIII.   

sflzman

Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare

newsocdad

I know a couple of those girls going to Alma.  Any likelihood of any of them starting do you think?

I suspect the real question for the Div IIIs is how many Div I level kids can you get for whatever reason(s).  I know some pretty solid players going to Hope, Adrian and Kzoo from the East side of the State.  The Crew had a very good u18 team this past year.  I would guess that some of them must have ended up at an MIAA school.  It would be nice if all of the schools did a recruitment update like Alma's.

newsocdad

Any thoughts on how things are going this year?

It seemed to me that Kzoo was going strong, but then, surprisingly to me, lost to Olivet one-nil.  Hope obviously has jumped out to a good start as has Alma.  Alma beating Calvin 3-2 was a solid win.

So 2 or 3 games in -- who looks like they will make the round-robin tournament.     

sflzman

Alma just beat Hope 1-0 and they are definitely looking to be the dominant team in the league table.  Their non-conference slate was absolutely brutal though, but held very tough in the games.  If Alma wins this weekend at Adrian I think it's safe to say that they'll make their first trip through the table undefeated.
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare

newsocdad

It looks like there is no real dominate team in the league.  Adrian beats Alma 1-0 but has lost to Hope and Calvin.  It would seem that the top 4 are pretty clear as Kalamazoo has had some injuries and looks to have fallen off of late.     

Dark Knight

Quote from: newsocdad on September 30, 2013, 11:07:33 AM
It looks like there is no real dominate team in the league.  Adrian beats Alma 1-0 but has lost to Hope and Calvin.  It would seem that the top 4 are pretty clear as Kalamazoo has had some injuries and looks to have fallen off of late.   

There's a logjam atop the MIAA, according to Massey. Calvin #21, Alma #43, Hope #44, Adrian #47.

oldknight

Quote from: Dark Knight on October 04, 2013, 03:56:33 PM
Quote from: newsocdad on September 30, 2013, 11:07:33 AM

There's a logjam atop the MIAA, according to Massey. Calvin #21, Alma #43, Hope #44, Adrian #47.

Huge win for the Calvin women yesterday, beating Hope in Holland 2-1. I was delighted to see the daughter of my best man score two second half goals to fuel the come from behind win and keep Calvin two points back of Alma.

hope1

GO  GOPE BEATH THE KNIGH S  TONIGHT
i love hope  sports all of them are really great to watch