FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

footballfan413

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 20, 2012, 05:08:45 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 04:37:02 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 20, 2012, 01:08:56 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 11:23:06 AM
Feels like deja vu watching the Cat fans invade your board with their banter.  :D Back in 05 when UW-W pulled the big upset winning at the Cat Dome, defeating the 04 Stagg Bowl Champs, 44-41, in what many of us still call, "one of the greatest games ever,"  they had plenty to say the week leading up to that game.  They have actually mellowed quite a bit, believe me!   ;D  I just want to let you all know that Linfield Cat fans, both here on the boards and in Oregon, are one of the best group of fans in all of D-3!!  When we arrived at the parking lot, our large group of player's parents were immediately invited to join a tailgate of fans who were running several large smokers where they fed us some great BBQ.  The hospitality at the tailgate, restaurants, hotels, even met the chancellor, etc., was second to none and I had the privilege of meeting fans from many programs all over the US during my son's career.  The atmosphere, program and fans were so warm and welcoming, it was one of the best experience I have ever had as a football fan. Of course, coming home with the win added greatly to the experience.   ;)  Safe travels to the NCC team, parents and fans and enjoy the ride.  The Cat fans will treat you very well.     

Hey 413,   Thank you for the kind words BUT :-* ,  Why did you let the CAT out of bag so soon? ;)

It was a great game even if. :'(
Sorry DC1.  I know some of you guys like to remain incognito.  Did I spoil all the fun?   Hey, at least I didn't blow GHC's cover, the, "phone it in," guy and tell them that he is the best of the bunch. That will just be our little secret.............................. ;) ;D

BTW, it was an amazing game. 11 lead changes and when we took the lead with 42 seconds left, I was scared to death that it was too much time for Elliot and Co. and it almost was.   8-)   

413,  well you know how some of us old timers are? 8-)

Did you get to see GHC  do his BLOW of the Clam Chowder too? That was funny.. The boys put on a good spread from fresh shrimp to smoke salmon and the best Mrs. COCO's cookies from the island out west.   8-) :-*

I really thought when we got the ball back last that we would pull it out but your boys held on..
Great game indeed one of my all time even if we lost.. The boys left it all on the field can't ask for any more than that.  8-)   This has to be hard on all the uww fans no playoffs in a long time.. :o  We still want another shot at uww someday..  :)

go cats
Go Big D
Actually, that was not the tailgate group that hosted us before the game.  I got to know what a great guy GHC was several years later when he was very kind to my son during a difficult time.  BTW, he was the linebacker that got the pick-6 in that game which, it turned out, we really needed.   ;D A real shame that either team had to lose that day. 

Yup, it is a bummer that our boys handed in their uniforms this early for the first time since 04 but just goes to show you that a run like that can't last forever and it turns out, replacing an NFL caliber QB is not as easy as you'd think.  You boys know something about that.   ;)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

footballfan413

Quote from: Gig Harbor Cat on November 20, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
8-)  don't believe anything 413 says,  we ARE all insane ( cludad is right ), We ride harley's, drink firewater ( electric long islands , by the jug pre game ) We walk the visitors sidelines all game ,  you won't see us because we will be decked out in camo !!  Its just part of the Catdome experience. 

Phone it in

Gig Harbor Cat

;) :-*

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 06:07:48 PM
Feels like deja vu watching the Cat fans invade your board with their banter.  :D Back in 05 when UW-W pulled the big upset winning at the Cat Dome, defeating the 04 Stagg Bowl Champs, 44-41, in what many of us still call, "one of the greatest games ever,"  they had plenty to say the week leading up to that game.  They have actually mellowed quite a bit, believe me!   ;D  I just want to let you all know that Linfield Cat fans, both here on the boards and in Oregon, are one of the best group of fans in all of D-3!!  When we arrived at the parking lot, our large group of player's parents were immediately invited to join a tailgate of fans who were running several large smokers where they fed us some great BBQ.  The hospitality at the tailgate, restaurants, hotels, even met the chancellor, etc., was second to none and I had the privilege of meeting fans from many programs all over the US during my son's career.  The atmosphere, program and fans were so warm and welcoming, it was one of the best experience I have ever had as a football fan. Of course, coming home with the win added greatly to the experience.   ;)  Safe travels to the NCC team, parents and fans and enjoy the ride.  The Cat fans will treat you very well.     

Hey 413,   Thank you for the kind words BUT :-* ,  Why did you let the CAT out of bag so soon? ;)

Sorry DC1.  I know some of you guys like to remain incognito.  Did I spoil all the fun?   Hey, at least I didn't blow GHC's cover, the, "phone it in," guy and tell them that he is the best of the bunch. That will just be our little secret.............................. ;) ;D

BTW, it was an amazing game. 11 lead changes and when we took the lead with 42 seconds left, I was scared to death that it was too much time for Elliot and Co. and it almost was.   8-)   

Did you get to see GHC  do his BLOW of the Clam Chowder too? That was funny.. The boys put on a good spread from fresh shrimp to smoke salmon and the best Mrs. COCO's cookies from the island out west.   8-) :-*

I really thought when we got the ball back last that we would pull it out but your boys held on..
Great game indeed one of my all time even if we lost.. The boys left it all on the field can't ask for any more than that.  8-)   This has to be hard on all the uww fans no playoffs in a long time.. :o  We still want another shot at uww someday..  :)

go cats
Go Big D
Actually, that was not the tailgate group that hosted us before the game.  I got to know what a great guy GHC was several years later when he was very kind to my son during a difficult time.  BTW, he was the linebacker that got the pick-6 in that game which, it turned out, we really needed.   ;D A real shame that either team had to lose that day. 

Yup, it is a bummer that our boys handed in their uniforms this early for the first time since 04 but just goes to show you that a run like that can't last forever and it turns out, replacing an NFL caliber QB is not as easy as you'd think.  You boys know something about that.   ;)

200+ teams are STILL waiting for Mount Union to prove that that is a universal truth! :P

pg04

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 20, 2012, 06:37:11 PM

go cats
Go Big D

200+ teams are STILL waiting for Mount Union to prove that that is a universal truth! :P

My GOD people, I have never seen SO many emoticons in my life. I think the NWC must be the capital of smiley faces.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: pg04 on November 20, 2012, 06:44:42 PM

go cats
Go Big D

My GOD people, I have never seen SO many emoticons in my life. I think the NWC must be the capital of smiley faces.

Check out the NWC board - they don't even bother with words, just emoticons!

(And the few words they do use need translations from 'Linfield Lingo'.)

wildcat11

Quote from: pg04 on November 20, 2012, 06:44:42 PM

...and GIFS  ;)

Go 'Cats!

pg04

bluenote

My oh my....just checked out NCC Roster....what are you guys feeding those tackles? 6'6" and 298 lbs! Must be on a Giant Bubba Tater Diet!  :o

bluenote

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 20, 2012, 05:03:31 PM
Thanks 413.  I always suspected that DC1 and GHC were great guys; I just wish I understood one third of what they post!  Linfield Lingo must be taught in a foreign language department somewhere. :P

You can get a deciphering code ring out of Cracker Jack to help......  ??? That helps when I read D OC posts.  :-X

Hey 413....I think I met you at the Willamette vs UWW playoff game with TuxGuy....is that right?

footballfan413

Ya, well, 200+ teams don't have Larry Kehres for a coach.  ;)

footballfan413

Quote from: Bluenote on November 20, 2012, 07:09:35 PM
Thanks 413.  I always suspected that DC1 and GHC were great guys; I just wish I understood one third of what they post!  Linfield Lingo must be taught in a foreign language department somewhere. :P

You can get a deciphering code ring out of Cracker Jack to help......  ??? That helps when I read D OC posts.  :-X

Hey 413....I think I met you at the Willamette vs UWW playoff game with TuxGuy....is that right?
Sorry to say, that was not me, BN.  I have not traveled since my son used up his eligibility in 07.  But I attend every home game that I can.  Funny you mention TuxGuy because he is a friend of mine from when he got me a copy of the game tape from the 05 game. If I had been there, he would have been someone I looked up.   

My Goodness, we have commandeered the CCIW board.  Sorry.   8-)

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: Bluenote on November 20, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
My oh my....just checked out NCC Roster....what are you guys feeding those tackles? 6'6" and 298 lbs! Must be on a Giant Bubba Tator Diet!  :o
You asked for the (BBQ) beef -- you just didn't know how you were going to get it.  It will be great to see the OL back at full strength this weekend.  NCC's only two losses occurred when they had key members of their OL out and had to rely heavily on underclassmen for big minutes.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: footballfan413 on November 20, 2012, 07:21:56 PM
Quote from: Bluenote on November 20, 2012, 07:09:35 PM

Sorry to say, that was not me, BN.  I have not traveled since my son used up his eligibility in 07.  But I attend every home game that I can.  Funny you mention TuxGuy because he is a friend of mine from when he got me a copy of the game tape from the 05 game. If I had been there, he would have been someone I looked up.   

My Goodness, we have commandeered the CCIW board.  Sorry.   8-)

No need to apologize - we were underutilizing it, and I am finding this highly amusing!

I'm just sorry that once I sign off for the night (still a while away), I'll be in the 'land the internet forgot' for 65+ hours.  Looks like I'll have about 10-12 pages to catch up on! ;D

D O.C.

Card Boreds   ;D  ;)  if you are coming out West be sure to check the NWC board for Wildcat11's Game Day feature that will tell you where to meet us   :o  , where to eat, stay, and where to go in the rain because YOU'RE SIDE OF THE FIELD IS NOT COVERED!

bluejay4ever

Quote from: D O.C. on November 20, 2012, 08:46:00 PM
Card Boreds   ;D  ;)  if you are coming out West be sure to check the NWC board for Wildcat11's Game Day feature that will tell you where to meet us   :o  , where to eat, stay, and where to go in the rain because YOU'RE SIDE OF THE FIELD IS NOT COVERED!
very rarely do I stick up for my red bird friends but the covered comment in all caps is meant to what...scare them? I'm pretty sure it's rained in Naperville before and nobody melted. Lol.
Love Me Some Negative Karma!