FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

UWSP has Wabash and JCU OOC.  Those two plus the WIAC is an impressive schedule regardless of who their other OOC game is.  Good for them.

wally_wabash

Quote from: sigma one on February 09, 2018, 09:06:11 AM
Quite a few OOC match ups posted on DIII   

ALL-------------RPI   (9/1)
          DEN------------not yet posted
          DPU------------Central (9/1)
          HIR------------not yet posted, but open with WAB on 9/1; odd early NCAC game
          KEN------------Sewanee (9/1)
          OBE----------- Kalamazoo (9/1)
          OWU-----------Otterbein (9/1)
          WAB-----------UW Stevens Point (9/8),  opener v. Hiram (9/1)
          WIT-----------Westminster (9/1)
          WOO----------Bluffton (9/1)

RPI, Central, and Stevens Point are all new opponents; all are teams from other regions.  Cool.  Anyone know about whom Denison and Hiram may face?  Is Denison going to Southwestern for the second of a two-game series?  Do Hiram and Earlham meet again?

I'm pretty sure Denison is at Southwestern(TX) in their non-league game this fall.  Less certain, but my guess would be that Hiram will play Earlham again this fall.  Overall, I think these are really nice games for the league.  Most fit the "challenging, but winnable" games that I think are ideal for non-conference competition. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

DadofBashWarrior..

Gentlemen...
An off season post here a bit outside the box...it does relate to integrity in the sports world...
If you get a chance you may want to take a peek at my son's film ICARUS. Netflix bought it 4 days after it opened at the Sundance Film Festival. They paid the most ever paid for a documentary film. It has since been nominated for Best Documentary Feature and shall find out if it wins on March 4th. The film is about the Russian Olympic doping scandal and is the proof that they presented to the IOC on the Russians that resulted in the Russian athletes allowed to compete but not under the sponsorship or flag of Russia in these current Olympics.
Now with what is also being revealed about the college recruiting payoffs etc it sure seems many have lost their way to allegiance to the Almighty Dollar...

wally_wabash

Quote from: DadofBashWarrior.. on February 25, 2018, 08:36:22 PM
Gentlemen...
An off season post here a bit outside the box...it does relate to integrity in the sports world...
If you get a chance you may want to take a peek at my son's film ICARUS. Netflix bought it 4 days after it opened at the Sundance Film Festival. They paid the most ever paid for a documentary film. It has since been nominated for Best Documentary Feature and shall find out if it wins on March 4th. The film is about the Russian Olympic doping scandal and is the proof that they presented to the IOC on the Russians that resulted in the Russian athletes allowed to compete but not under the sponsorship or flag of Russia in these current Olympics.
Now with what is also being revealed about the college recruiting payoffs etc it sure seems many have lost their way to allegiance to the Almighty Dollar...

Academy Award-winning documentary!  Congrats DoBW! 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Pat Coleman

We'll be dropping a new D3football.com Around the Nation Podcast on Monday, and Allegheny coach B.J. Hammer will be a guest. Keep an eye out for it in your feed or on our front page!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

smedindy

wabashsid

JFPIV

Sad to hear of the passing of Wabash Little Giant, Justin Woods. 

Class of 2016!  Way Too Damned Young!

Rest in peace, young man.

sigma one

Yesterday, Wabash began rolling out new freshmen football players on its football twitter site.  They will announce five new players each day.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: sigma one on May 02, 2018, 03:10:30 PM
Yesterday, Wabash began rolling out new freshmen football players on its football twitter site.  They will announce five new players each day.

This is a cool idea.  Fun for fans and I'm sure the players enjoy a little spotlight too.   

wally_wabash

sigma one

A fine choice for Wabash. His appointment is an upgrade.

bluenote

formerd3db

Quote from: wally_wabash on May 04, 2018, 02:16:56 PM
Exciting AD news out of C'ville.

So Wally, if you know, why did he decide to leave Western Illinois and DI and a good paying job there (I assume the latter)?  Was it because he just wanted to return to DIII at Wabash and the opportunity finally presented itself? (the article hints at that as being the main reason).
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice