FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

simba and barroom
I think that's a misprint about the number of recruits - FDU will bring about 110-120 to camp today, as they did last year. The actual number of new players is between 50-60.

As for FDU's number of students, our full time resident students number about 1800.  If you wish to count commuters and part time students, the number is closer to 2300.....
Simba, your 8000 number might be if you combined both campuses, as well as all graduate students....
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

gordonmann

Bill:

You're right.  My bad.  That should read 120 kids total, not recruits.

bigdoggy

>:( wow all this talk about teams in the mac and not one mention of widener, why no credit, widener only lost to the 0o0o holy del val by 1 score, and they shut lyco out they also beat the at the time undefeated moravian, not to mention the whoopin on port while playin the also undefeated albright, lets not the pioneers beat jackson who is gone at home against kings.... the pioneers are now in their second year with their OC and the fifth year senior lomas is in the swing of things and ready to lead the team....dont sleep on the pioneers who also bring in plenty of recruits

the blackhand

About time someone mentioned Widener but they could really use a kid they lost 2yrs ago. Not too many people know who he is but he would def be an all mac player by now and an impact player in the mac. savior said he was the only kid on their team that could cover him one on one and should've started in 03 but he was new to the program. apparently this kid was really good and from what i've heard they could of really used him last yr and this yr. if anyone knows who he is let me know i would like to know what happened to a kid who had that much skill. all in all though Widener will be tough like always and Del Val and Albright both know that.

Pat Coleman

Hmm, with a mail address like cb12, I wonder who this guy could be talking about ...
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

URMOM

There are two FDU campuses-  Madison & Teaneck. Teaneck fields D1 teams (no football) and Madison D3 teams. The majority of the students included in the total # of students (>10,000) are in Teaneck. Only about 2,500 attend the Madison campus, including commuters. That's why they refer to FDU as "FDU-Florham" not just FDU.

PBR...

its nice to hear everyone comparing themselves to dvc seems like everyone agrees that they are the team to beat this year...finally getting some respect since last year the coaches and most media picked them to finish any where from the middle to the bottom of the pack...

the blackhand

Nah Pat I wish I was athletic and my name has nothing to do with football at all something I've done to remember my brother. Plus I don't think you can play a sport for a school you don't go to or can you? I had a friend who went there and he was talking about this kid. But the real reason I came on was to see what people's picks were for the whole MAC?

barroomhero

No, it's more like only 2,000.  The biggest problem I saw when I was there was keeping guys on the team and on campus. Even I failed out for a semester, but I went to community college, came back and sat out a season.  But  I dont ever recall a 100 guys reporting to camp, so guys not sticking around really hurt every year.

bigdoggy

tyrek savior...or leon as some would call him...yes tyrek is and was great and he did play last year but didnt get the ball as much as some thought he should...i dont know what he is doing now but if ne one knows rek he will be doing it well...

Simba

It will be "won in the trenches" gentlemen!.....

"Girardi started camp Wednesday by telling the team that every position is open. The Warriors appear deep on the offensive and defensive lines where they return every starter."

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=17227

Another string of winning seasons starts this year!....Simba

MOJO

Don't count lyco out yet.  With 100 plus kids on the team and their tradition and coaching staff they just might surprise some folks.  I still think DV is the team to beat this season in the MAC.  Also, keep an eye on LVC, Kelly is a good QB and they have a nice receiving corp.  The Dutchman picked up some talented recruits.  Can't wait for the season to start.

bman

bman

Pat

BTW can you reset my old post count?

I know you will be focused on releasing the issue this week...but when you get a chance...

Thx

CJSJAGS

Any camp news on Albright yet.  Any surprises