BB: UAA: University Athletic Association

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

Too bad no Auto- bid for the UAA. I hope they continue to schedule OWU. it is always one of my favorite Non-con every year. We are only a little further than Heide.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

jaybird44

Wash-U has made some waves by sweeping #10 Emory in a four-game series last weekend.  Bears now 16-5 overall, 4-0 in UAA.  Emory now 19-11 and 2-6 in the UAA. 

With most of the starting everyday players and pitchers back from last season's NCAA tournament team, it was expected that Wash-U would be good again.  What is perhaps most encouraging is the improvement of the bullpen consistency.  Jake Mintz picked up 2 of the 4 wins against Emory, and he is 4-0 in 9 appearances, with 1 save and a 0.44 ERA...1 earned run in 20.1 IP.  Combining Matt Clohisy's 3 saves and Bill Heisler's 1-0 record in relief, and the Bears could have the ingredients to compete for a regional title.

Granted, Wash-U has to play well the rest of the way--but it's performance to this point of the season has started to generate a lot of great vibes for what could be an entertaining conclusion to its season.

DagarmanSpartan

Case sweeps Brandeis to move to 6-2 in UAA play.

DagarmanSpartan

Case just took three out of four from NYU. 

Big showdown next weekend with #18 Washington U.

jaybird44

#14 Wash-U stays alive in the NCAA Central Region Tournament with a 7-1 victory over Greenville in an elimination game for both teams Friday afternoon at GCS Ballpark in metro St. Louis.  Wash-U squandered a bases-loaded opportunity in the 1st inning by grounding into an inning-ending double play, but Auggie Mense made sure a second chance was not wasted in the 2nd inning.  Auggie's bases-clearing double gave Wash-U a 3-0 lead that it would not relinquish.  An RBI double by Tate Maider and an RBI sacrifice fly by Ted Daley in the 5th and 8th innings boosted the lead to 5-1, and Christian Santos added a 2-run HR in the top of the 9th for the final margin of victory.

John Howard and Zack Kotin combined on a 3-hitter...Howard picked up the win after tossing 6 innings and giving up just a solo HR to Greenville's Austin Marsh in the bottom of the 2nd inning, and Kotin threw 3 innings of heat, striking out 5 for his first career save.

Wash-U will play Saturday at 3:30 CDT against tonight's losing team from the North Central-Wartburg game.  If Wash-U wins, it will play a second game immediately following the first.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

DagarmanSpartan

After beating #4 ranked W&J last week, Case went on to beat #5 ranked SUNY-Cortland today to move to 4-1 on the season.

After this...........someone is going to have to explain to me precisely WHY Case Western Reserve University ISN'T in the d3baseball.com Top 25.

Jack Parkman

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on March 10, 2018, 06:46:24 PM
After beating #4 ranked W&J last week, Case went on to beat #5 ranked SUNY-Cortland today to move to 4-1 on the season.

After this...........someone is going to have to explain to me precisely WHY Case Western Reserve University ISN'T in the d3baseball.com Top 25.

I don't know much about Case but 5 games into a season is a little early to be worrying about rankings.  W&J is 4-2, Allegheny is 1-4, and Cortland is 5-5.  I realize Cortland and W&J are highly ranked at this point but these things will take shape over the next few weeks.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on March 10, 2018, 06:46:24 PM

Case is 4-1 (.800) now, 5 games into the season. By the time that Case is 20-5, after the Emory series, or even a 16-4 record and Cort and W&J are still doing well, they will be in the Top 25.  W&J is still holding but Cortland has dropped from pre-season #1 to 10th.  The Cortland win may be suspect.

DagarmanSpartan

Case is now 7-1 after a 12-1 win over Roger Williams today. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on March 14, 2018, 09:24:25 PM
Case is now 7-1 after a 12-1 win over Roger Williams today.
Roger Williams (a perennially sub .-500 team from the Commonwealth Coast Conference) is now 1-7 against good teams.

DagarmanSpartan

Case rolls to 8-1 with a 15-5 win over Rochester.