MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USee

It seems to me IWU wanted NCC to win last night.  If Augie is in Pool C IWU gets to the table for sure as Augie likely goes early. Now with NCC it's unclear how quickly IWU might get to the table based on relative rankings.  Going to be a tense day for CCIW fans.

Titan Q

Quote from: USee on February 25, 2018, 08:46:38 AM
It seems to me IWU wanted NCC to win last night.  If Augie is in Pool C IWU gets to the table for sure as Augie likely goes early. Now with NCC it's unclear how quickly IWU might get to the table based on relative rankings.  Going to be a tense day for CCIW fans.

I started to realize this mid-day yesterday.  That with an Augie win, the path was a little more clear for IWU -- there was not the drama of NCC vs IWU. 

I do have both in, so we'll see.  My Sunday morning look...

http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4232.msg1859825#msg1859825

As I see this, the only thing that would prevent IWU from getting in is if, a) NCC is ranked higher in the Central region, and b) for some reason NCC sits on the board and never gets picked.  But I do think NCC is in...quickly followed by IWU.

IWU's resume is almost certainly better in terms of the way this process works (heaviest weighting on WP)...but I did assume NCC higher than IWU in my process.

BBJones

NCC was unimpressive in the last 5 minutes last night.  I've watched them 4-5 times this year and feel they are rated a little higher than deserved.
Might still be in. 

BBJones

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 24, 2018, 08:20:41 PM
Who had 8:13 of the first half in the jacket-ripped-off pool?

I watched that game.  Is the Augie coach a villian in the CCIW? 

lmitzel

Quote from: BBJones on February 25, 2018, 10:55:03 AM

I think some might consider him a villain. I just consider him a lunatic (and I mean this in as complimentary a way as one can be called a lunatic) with a penchant for ripping his jacket off and chucking it three rows into the bleachers. The jacket has kind of become its own little inside joke among conference folks.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

kiko

Quote from: lmitzel on February 25, 2018, 11:04:53 AM
Quote from: BBJones on February 25, 2018, 10:55:03 AM

I think some might consider him a villain. I just consider him a lunatic (and I mean this in as complimentary a way as one can be called a lunatic) with a penchant for ripping his jacket off and chucking it three rows into the bleachers. The jacket has kind of become its own little inside joke among conference folks.

Not a villain to me.  He's a very good coach, albeit one who's so intense that he is more or less a walking talking caricature of himself.

Viking Mike

When will the final regional rankings be revealed to the Div 3 fandom?

I'm guessing it will be made available AFTER the national committee reveals its 64 teams.

I'm really curious, like all of us, how the regional committee will position these Central teams!

lmitzel

Quote from: Viking Mike on February 25, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

I'm guessing it will be made available AFTER the national committee reveals its 64 teams.

I'm really curious, like all of us, how the regional committee will position these Central teams!

Yeah, once they announce the bracket, at some point they'll release the final rankings. I think we're all curious about how everything will shake out. Hoopsville should have a mock selection tonight too.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

USee

Quote from: BBJones on February 25, 2018, 10:53:17 AM
NCC was unimpressive in the last 5 minutes last night.  I've watched them 4-5 times this year and feel they are rated a little higher than deserved.
Might still be in.

Have you watched them for 5 minutes at a time? I'm pretty sure you can watch any team in the basketball world for only 5 Montes and See some very good and/or very bad basketball.  I think a full resume rating requires a closer look. 

AndOne

Quote from: lmitzel on February 25, 2018, 12:12:45 PM
Quote from: Viking Mike on February 25, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

Yeah, once they announce the bracket, at some point they'll release the final rankings. I think we're all curious about how everything will shake out. Hoopsville should have a mock selection tonight too.

My impression was that the final regional rankings are not made available to the public.
It really doesn't matter anyway because the rankings of the Regional Committee are basically a recommendation. That's because the National Committee can accept the work done by the regional team OR they can rearrange the ranking order as they see fit.
They probably don't tinker with the regional lists too much, but dropping a team just one spot from where they're ranked by the Regional Committee might make a difference between receiving an invitation to the big dance or not.

iwumichigander

UWSP over UWRF - which I think means NCC and IWU get in

Viking Mike

This is the first year that the NCAA will release the final regional rankings, but it will be done AFTER they release the 64 team bracket.

BBJones

Quote from: USee on February 25, 2018, 02:00:14 PM
Quote from: BBJones on February 25, 2018, 10:53:17 AM
Might still be in.

Have you watched them for 5 minutes at a time? I'm pretty sure you can watch any team in the basketball world for only 5 Montes and See some very good and/or very bad basketball.  I think a full resume rating requires a closer look.

Yes, as I stated, 4 or 5 times.  Just saw the last 5 last night.  Sorry if I was unclear.  Good luck in the tourney to your team.

USee