Hartwick dropping D1 men's soccer program, moving to D3 in 2018-19

Started by Ron Boerger, March 02, 2018, 09:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 22, 2018, 03:50:13 PM
Quote from: EB2319 on March 22, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
Curious when will Hobart drop their lax team back to D3.  They've mostly been sub .500 since moving up. It really doesn't make sense.

Tough question for a program that has ten(?) national championships to their resume.

All 10(?) are at the D3 level.  Part of Hartwick's logic for moving down was their soccer team was no longer competitive at the D1 level.  The same can be said for Hobart.  Since moving up to D1, they're a lackluster 148-178 (.453). At least Hartwick had some good years every now again, including 1st place conference finishes in 2014 and 2015. Hobart has only finished above .500 6x since moving to D1 in 1995.  But whatever, it was more a rhetorical question.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Oh that's right... I forgot about that. I get it confused because I called Georgetown lacrosse games for so long that I kept equating their old coach with being in the same league as Hobart.

Good point.

In that case, not sure is the answer. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.