MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frodotwo

Quote from: John Gleich on October 23, 2012, 02:50:11 PM
Quote from: hoops2 on October 23, 2012, 02:32:59 PM
UWSP held it's backcourt club appreciation day yesterday with a showcase of this years team.  About 125 members showed up to watch and then have a little lunch.  Team looks good but it'll be interesting to get some feedback about how today's scrimmage at UM-D went.  Lots of new faces but everyone seems to be capable.  Don't know how many they will keep.  Tyler Forsyth out with a broken foot.  A former player back for a second go around and could help come semester.  Purple Gold on Wed. 11/7.  First radio show Mon. 11/12 at 6pm from the Hilltop.

Former player = DeVon Jackson, right?

Any notable players missing?

Any other reports from the other campi?

Also missing was Connor Miklasz, previously announced as a recruit this year, no mention of him at all. Several walk-ons brought the total number in camp to 22. Jackson and another player from Milw won't be eligible until 2nd semester.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Anybody hear any news regarding Point's scrimmage with UM-D??

thrunt01

News from UWO v WLC srimmage: Titans are going to struggle to score. Lots of jump shots going up, not a lot going in. The new center (I think his name is Alex White) is a good player, probably tops on the team. Starting line-up was Magelund, Royston, Nickel, Wurtz, and White. Sean Wise, Andre Wallace and a new guard who I did not get the name of were the first guys off the bench. The big change from my vantage point was more about attitude and environment than anything. Man to man defense the whole way. Juckem seems to be really invested on that side of the ball at this point. Probably going to be plenty of low scoring games in Kolf this year.

John Gleich

Quote from: tomt4525 on October 28, 2012, 12:21:21 PM
Anybody hear any news regarding Point's scrimmage with UM-D??

I have not. Anybody in Point with some insight?
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

tomt4525

Rosters are starting to trickle out if anyone hasn't seen these.

http://www.blugolds.com/sports/mbkb/2012-13/roster  Eau Claire- something of note, Effertz followed his coach from UW-S to EC

http://athletics.uwstout.edu/roster.aspx?path=mbball  Stout

Hopefully more rosters will be out shortly.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWK intrasquad game tonight.  We'll be using the new scoreboard and video board for the first time.  I've been trying to figure it out from the information they gave me but it's like Greek.....a tragedy
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 30, 2012, 11:27:19 AM
WARHAWK intrasquad game tonight.  We'll be using the new scoreboard and video board for the first time.  I've been trying to figure it out from the information they gave me but it's like Greek.....a tragedy

BW, could we possibly get a synopsis of the intrasquad scrimmage from you??  Thanks in advance.

Greek Tragedy

Now taking applications for the WIAC Fantasy League.

We will play a full conference schedule this year with the draft starting Friday, Nov. 23 and being completed by the first conference game day on Saturday, Dec. 1.

All newcomers are welcome!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Brian Carroll

The Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook has arrived, and the magazine predicts WW,Point,La Crosse and Eau Claire as the top 4 teams in the WIAC. The magazine lauds coach Koelbl's "incredibly deep" Eagle roster which has no fewer than 21 players on the preseason listing. It's almost time for roundball, which makes the long Wisconsin winter something to be enjoyed.

thrunt01

Quote from: Brian Carroll on October 30, 2012, 08:50:27 PM
The Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook has arrived, and the magazine predicts WW,Point,La Crosse and Eau Claire as the top 4 teams in the WIAC. The magazine lauds coach Koelbl's "incredibly deep" Eagle roster which has no fewer than 21 players on the preseason listing. It's almost time for roundball, which makes the long Wisconsin winter something to be enjoyed.

I agree with the top 3 pretty solidly but the inclusion of EC is a bit of a head scratcher for me. I would probably put UWP 4th. I guess I wouldn't drop EC any further than 6th but still I just don't see them as a team that can make the jump from being outside the WIAC tourney to hosting a first round game.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: tomt4525 on October 30, 2012, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 30, 2012, 11:27:19 AM

BW, could we possibly get a synopsis of the intrasquad scrimmage from you??  Thanks in advance.

I don't really want to get into specifics other than to say people are going to notice Darnell Harris.  He's a player.  It's a fairly typical WHITEWATER team.  Very athletic and uptempo though I think we have more depth this year than we've had in the recent past.  Despite all of the new players they seem to be working well together.  Several players were unable to participate due to injury and/or illness but nothing appears to be season ending and most should be available soon.  I don't see any reason that we won't be very competitive with anyone else in the league. 

The new equipment was easier to actually use than it was to read about how to actually use.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 31, 2012, 10:07:36 AM
The new equipment was easier to actually use than it was to read about how to actually use.

If you learned how to read Greek it wouldn't have been a problem!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Pretty exciting news coming out of Stevens Point as the city will host the WOMENS FINAL FOUR in 2014 in Quandt.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!