BB: UAA: University Athletic Association

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DagarmanSpartan

Good luck to the Spartan baseball and softball teams this week down in Florida at the UAA championship tourney!

DagarmanSpartan

Good start for baseball with three straight wins.  Not a bad start for softball either.  Let's hope that this keeps up!

DagarmanSpartan

Wow!!!

My Spartans are really on a roll, with two more wins yesterday to move to 5-0 at the UAA tourney.  Let's hope that this keeps up!

ADL70

Rather than talking to ourselves over here, I've been posting in the Mideast 2014 board.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Ralph Turner

NYU-Poly is bringing its baseball team under the NYU/UAA umbrella in 2015.

What is the chance that the UAA would declare for a Pool A bid?

To wit:  The Florida-5 including Rochester leaving the Liberty League, independent Chicago, and NYU-Poly to make 7 full members. 

ADL70

The problem, as I understand it, is that Chicago's academic calendar doesn't allow them to go to Fla when the five do.  Not sure if NYU can.

With mostly northern teams, weather and travel would make an on campus round robin weekends schedule difficult.

I don't know if the calendars would allow a post season tournament either.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Ralph Turner

Quote from: ADL70 on April 04, 2014, 09:46:46 AM
The problem, as I understand it, is that Chicago's academic calendar doesn't allow them to go to Fla when the five do.  Not sure if NYU can.

With mostly northern teams, weather and travel would make an on campus round robin weekends schedule difficult.

I don't know if the calendars would allow a post season tournament either.
Great feedback. Thanks. 
I wondered if that was the problem with the spring trip.  I had imagined the 7 schools playing 6 games in Florida and then coming back for Saturday DH's (to be made up on Sunday for rain outs.)
I know that the UAA probably would not have a post-season tourney of the best 4 teams; that would kinda give some slack if not every team could finish the 18-game schedule.

The UAA seems to do very well in getting Pool C bids, after the Pool B bids have been awarded.  That may not change.

ADL70

Disappointed of course that the Spartans didn't make it to the WS, since they were 2-0 vs Emory and 1-1 vs BW.  But glad to see that Emory has again made it back through the loser's bracket as they did in the regional to play for the title tomorrow, but they have to beat Whitewater twice to win the title  Huge advantage for the Warhawks who have played only three games, while Emory has played five since Friday.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

I have learned that NYU will be participating in the tournament next March.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Bishopleftiesdad

That is great news, ADL. What other conference is NYU in?

ADL70

NYU didn't play varsity ball, they just merged athletics with NYU-Polytechnic creating an instant varsity program.  They were in the Skyline.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Bishopleftiesdad

Thanks ADL I remembered they were merging, just not thatNYU did not have football

ADL70

CWRU's Gronski and Emory's Lake first team preseason all American

Rochester's Janifer second team.

CWRU and WUStL open the UAA tourney on March 8
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

Bishopleftiesdad

CWRU season preview is out. This team will be tough with Gronski, Cain and winemiller back.

http://athletics.case.edu/sports/bsb/2014-15/releases/20150127z4aw4p

ADL70

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on February 04, 2015, 11:28:09 AM
CWRU season preview is out. This team will be tough with Gronski, Cain and winemiller back.

http://athletics.case.edu/sports/bsb/2014-15/releases/20150127z4aw4p

You beat me to it.

Only non-senior contributor not returning is 1B/DH Noah Sherman .324  33 RBI  4HR

Nine frosh: Only 2 P 1RH 1LH  1 C 
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO