FB: Midwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fightintitan2006

JUSTINTYME

you said the "transfers" in your last post...is there anyone else aside from Wren? did that schuessler kid u talked about earlier end up there?
You're a master of Karate...and friendship...for everyone! – from the musical "The Nightman Cometh"

ScoutTeamHero

Congrats to everyone and their brothers for making the 500-MAN pre-season all american team.

MWC- 1 third team, 3 mentions

2 - Monmouth
1 - St. Norbert
1 - Beloit

fightintitan2006

any SNC fans know how they will be at the offensive skill positions this year? looking at the roster, it looks like they bring back some good players on defense, but the offense doesnt appear to have much...no running back with more than 146 yards and no receivers with more than 12 catches...anyone have any insight
You're a master of Karate...and friendship...for everyone! – from the musical "The Nightman Cometh"

JUSTINTYEM

From what i heard he did.But dont quote me on that as its second maybe third or fourth hand.But LU has a major question at QB this year as Aspenson from what i heard from a coach is ineligible due to grades.Tough break for the team.But they will be just fine.
Im a Retired Radio Sportscaster.

kiltman85

So a month or less until the Coaches Poll comes out for the conference.  Any predictions on what the order of the MWC will be this year?

fightintitan2006

JUSTINTYME, hate to break it to you, but if Aspenson is out, Lawrence wont be "just fine"

looking at the stats, he made up over 50% of their offense last year and that was after missing a game...also if you look at their schedule, they lost to Knox and Ripon in the early going, combining for 23 points in the two games....

if they play Knox later in the year, they probably win by 30 or 40..the QB has to see some live action to really get a feel for the spread option game they run...a new QB, who will certianly be less expereinced and likely less talented, learning the system on the fly drops this team from being a potential 9 to 7 win team down to a 5 or 4 win team  in my mind

kiltman85

I have a feeling that Lawrence will be a tough team either way their QB situation works out.  This is a team that returns all but 2 starters on defense.  I remember watching the Monmouth-Lawrence game last year and thinking that this team is gonna be a force in the Midwest Conference.  They finished strong last year year with 3 straight victories and could have easily been 6-3 on the season instead of 4-5.  Their offense will be a question mark because they lose their only reciever from last year, but do have their running game back.  I think we could see an 8-2 or 7-3 team this year out of them. 

Dolph Stanley

Anyone have any idea who plays QB for Beloit this year?  Even with a run centered offense, someone has to be able to at least make the opposition think they are capable of passing.  I know they were in on 1-2 solid QB recruits but its tough to start a freshman especially when you open the MWC with Monmouth.

fightintitan2006

anyone know if jennings will be back at QB for Illinois College this year...what about this aspenson eligibility situation...who are st. norberts offensive weapons...its august 1st tommorrow, doesnt anyone want to talk football

kiltman85

All I know about St. Norbert is that they have their QB back.  They lost their starting O-line along with Meehan and St. George.  Like any powerhouse, they will still be good and will not be underestimated by anyone. 

PapaSmurf

My son, the couch potato, says Schussler is on SNC's roster this year.  He also told me that they have a running back coming back who started ahead of Meehan a few years ago.

ICBlue

Jennings will be back at QB for IC.  100% healthy.  They did lose their best running back Crain (transferred, out of football). 

JUSTINTYEM

Quote from: PapaSmurf on August 01, 2006, 08:41:43 AM
My son, the couch potato, says Schussler is on SNC's roster this year.  He also told me that they have a running back coming back who started ahead of Meehan a few years ago.
The schussler kid maybe at SNC.I never got a clear answer about him.But the RB that played ahead of Meehan was Wren,and he was at LU last fall.Got injured and went home to rehab.The returned to LU During the second tri-mester(BB season)as i saw him several times doing BB games staffing as a security person.So I doubt that he is on SNC's squad this fall.
Im a Retired Radio Sportscaster.

PapaSmurf

Quote from: JUSTINTYEM on August 02, 2006, 06:37:58 AM
Quote from: PapaSmurf on August 01, 2006, 08:41:43 AM
The schussler kid maybe at SNC.I never got a clear answer about him.But the RB that played ahead of Meehan was Wren,and he was at LU last fall.Got injured and went home to rehab.The returned to LU During the second tri-mester(BB season)as i saw him several times doing BB games staffing as a security person.So I doubt that he is on SNC's squad this fall.
I wasn't talking about Wren.  It's somebody else. I just don't remember the kid's name.  I'll have to ask my boy who he is.  As far as Shussler goes I've been hearing he's coming back for two years now and I am skeptical.  However, the couch potato, who stayed in DePere this summer to lift and work with trainers, said he saw his name on the roster. 

kiltman85

30 days until official kickoff around division III