BB: USAC: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by narch, December 30, 2005, 10:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scots13

Nick Dean has been promoted to A-Great Lakes.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

scottiedoug

I hope he is enjoying the opportunity!

narch

perry is now 0-0 with 1 save in 1 opp in 8 games at AA - 14 ip, 11 k, 6 bb (those are killing him), .236 opp ba, 3.86 era

looks like the transition to full-season A ball has been tough for nick dean, hitting .175 in his first 12 games...he'll get it going, though...dude can stroke the ball

scottiedoug

I bet it is a big change for hitters as they work up in the system.  Future Zack Grienke's probably pitched in the same level.

baseballfever

Ron Boerger

Pfieffer is moving from D2 to D3 and will join the USASAC:

http://www.thetimesnews.com/article/20160504/SPORTS/160509634?sf25741577=1

narch

chris perry was just promoted to triple a memphis redbirds - he has pitched in 27 games and compiled 40.1 innings in double a texas league (a notorious hitters league) with a 2.90 era, 48 k's, .200 baa and 1.36 whip - he has walked 28, which is more than he's walked in any other full season, but i imagine he's trying to expand the zone in parks where balls routinely take flight - at 6'2", 215 lbs and with a fastball that routinely sits in the low to mid 90's, he's got a shot to continue to advance - it will be interesting to see how he fares at triple a

D3SportsFan

USA South Tournament started today...hardly mid-April...let the playoff baseball begin!!!

Jim Dixon

Quote from: D3SportsFan on April 12, 2017, 12:58:32 PM
USA South Tournament started today...hardly mid-April...let the playoff baseball begin!!!

No real surprises in the tournament on day one as top seeds won, except #5 beat #4.

Jack Parkman

Everyone that could possibly be on the bubble should root for La Grange to win the tournament since they would be a lock for a Pool C.

Panther4ever

magicman

Not sure if anyone posted this or not.

This young man, currently a senior in high school, will be taking his talents to DIII baseball next year as he will attend Huntingdon College in the USA South Athletic Conference. What an amazing story. Scroll down to the 2nd video.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/one-armed-high-school-pitcher-josh-stevens-taking-his-talents-to-college/

Ralph Turner

Huntingdon takes 2 of 3 from Metholdist.

This race should be very tight down the stretch.

hasanova

Watching the NCAA DI Super Regional Auburn at UNC-CH baseball game on ESPN2.  Drives me nuts when the uninformed announcers are discussing that UNC coach Mike Fox was once a DIII coach at "UNC-Wesleyan".  That is so stupid on several levels.  Sigh.

Hawks88

Quote from: hasanova on June 08, 2019, 12:36:34 PM
Watching the NCAA DI Super Regional Auburn at UNC-CH baseball game on ESPN2.  Drives me nuts when the uninformed announcers are discussing that UNC coach Mike Fox was once a DIII coach at "UNC-Wesleyan".  That is so stupid on several levels.  Sigh.
Auburn coach Butch Thompson was once an assistant at both Huntingdon and Birmingham-Southern. Both were in the '90's before either was DIII but still...