New England Bowl(s)

Started by ITH radio, November 01, 2017, 04:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

There will be 2 games between the ECFC, MASCAC, CCC and NEWMAC conferences.

Right now, there's a race btw WNE and Curry for the CCC title and Pool A.

MASCAC is equally jammed with Plymouth St, West Conn and Fram State still in contention.

ECFC is basically Husson's if/when they win this weekend, with SUNY-Maritime likely finishing 9-1. They have also filed for an ECAC and in theory could opt for that given past experience and that DE is closer to Long Island. Or they'd be the host team to say, the CCC runner-up, if that ends up being an 8-2 Curry team, for example.

I think the NEWMAC rep is probably WPI, but that'll depend on if MIT can somehow upset SC in Wk 11. Not sure I see anyone doing that so, sticking with WPI as my pick from this conf, with a final 8-2 record.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

meadowdale

I really like this New England Bowl, anything for some extra ball..

NED3Guy

Are these games locked in to having representation from each conference? Or can multiple teams from, say the MASCAC make it and no ECFC team (assuming SUNY goes ECAC).

ITH radio

I believe it's one from each, but no requirement on which conference plays which.

ITH radio

My best guesses for now are:

CCC - Salve / Curry winner
NEWMAC - WPI (sorry MIT, don't see you beating SC)
ECFC - SUNY M (could be interesting to see a Strong Island school host a "New England" bowl game)
MASCAC - Fram St (don't see them losing but Woo St won't be an easy win)

D3MAFAN

Quote from: meadowdale on November 03, 2017, 05:13:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like the New England Bowl and what it brings to the area. However, other than a few teams, we do this in the beginning of the season. I would rather play some NY Schools or those NJAC/PAC schools at the neutral site locations.

meadowdale

Quote from: D3MAFAN on November 10, 2017, 09:57:03 AM
Quote from: meadowdale on November 03, 2017, 05:13:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like the New England Bowl and what it brings to the area. However, other than a few teams, we do this in the beginning of the season. I would rather play some NY Schools or those NJAC/PAC schools at the neutral site locations.

You might be on to something there..

Pat Coleman

The New England schools asked the ECAC to stop matching them up with the NY schools some years back. I don't think the schools really want to go back to that framework, all things considered.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

meadowdale

If the New England Bowls don't really count..Are they gonna make them a invite or based on record?
Pretty sure i know the answer, which should lead to almost the same teams every year given my initial
glance at past records..
Either way i will enjoy watching every one...

ITH radio

Curry at FSU and SUNY at WPI are the two NE Bowls. KO for both is at noon.

WPI game will be at 6pm

D3MAFAN

Quote from: ITH radio on November 13, 2017, 10:03:29 AM
Curry at FSU and SUNY at WPI are the two NE Bowls. KO for both is at noon.

WPI game will be at 6pm

I actually like the matchup for both teams. I think that Curry was very close from being 9-1 and has played some good  teams this year. I look forward to talk about this game as we get closer.

NE_FootballFan

Pretty nice matchups.  A 9-win team vs. an 8-win team in both games. 

Framingham is in the regional ranking and Curry was in the regional ranking a couple of weeks ago.  SUNY Maritime and WPI having their best years in quite a while.

Teamski

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 10, 2017, 06:42:29 PM
The New England schools asked the ECAC to stop matching them up with the NY schools some years back. I don't think the schools really want to go back to that framework, all things considered.

Why not?  Travel distances?

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Teamski on November 13, 2017, 03:00:46 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 10, 2017, 06:42:29 PM

Why not?  Travel distances?

-Ski

Inability to be competitive.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3MAFAN

I think if this was 5 to 10 year's ago, it would make since. However, so many teams have made strides to get out of that notion of being inferior. It takes time to build a program, but not playing them won't help, it only indicates that you are happy with being just okay in your own little bubble.

Now, I do think Curry is good matchup this year for us. I believe the game is going to be decided in the 4th. Hopefully, sooner than two weeks ago.