FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitchenSink

Weather.com has a low of 18 and high of 41 with a snow shower in the forecast for Naperville on Sat.  Not sure how the snow fits in, but would seem in the morning.  Does a weather issue favor either team?
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

bleedpurple

Quote from: FormerCard on November 29, 2010, 10:35:30 PM

But seriously, there is no real underdog in this game IMO.  UWW's past success is undeniable and NCC's emergence onto the Division 3 national scene  has been nothing short of incredible.  There will be a ton of talented players going at each other on Saturday and I just can't wait!

OK, I know NCC has a bunch of nice guys and you are one of them FormerCard, but the week will be much more fun if everyone would quit playing nice.

So, I'm going back to my old ways  ;D

No underdog? Why not?

And what in the world has NCC done on the national stage that has been "incredible"?
In 2007, NCC came to UW-W and got smoked, 59-28.
In 2008, NCC beat Thomas More (see Saturday's score) and LOST to the Franklin team UW-W is being criticized for beating by 31 points.
Last year NCC didn't even make the playoffs.
This year, NCC beat Benedictine (Benedictine? Really?), and an Ohio Northern team that has won exactly ONE playoff game since 2000.
Where is the "incredible"? The Committee Vote?

In the same time span, UW-W has won 2 National Championships and are currently on a 27 game winning streak.
UW-W has not lost a road D3 game since 2004 (Salem is neutral)

There's no underdog. These teams are equal. And Santa Claus is busy working with his elves to give all North Central fans a merry Christmas!  ;D

footballfan413

Quote from: KitchenSink on November 29, 2010, 10:49:36 PM
Weather.com has a low of 18 and high of 41 with a snow shower in the forecast for Naperville on Sat.  Not sure how the snow fits in, but would seem in the morning.  Does a weather issue favor either team?
All I know for sure is that it sure as crap, doesn't favor tailgating. I may have to turn into one of those wimps and head to the bar instead.   ;)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

footballfan413

Quote from: bleedpurple on November 29, 2010, 10:58:08 PM

But seriously, there is no real underdog in this game IMO.   UWW's past success is undeniable and NCC's emergence onto the Division 3 national scene  has been nothing short of incredible.  There will be a ton of talented players going at each other on Saturday and I just can't wait!

OK, I know NCC has a bunch of nice guys and you are one of them FormerCard, but the week will be much more fun if everyone would quit playing nice.

No underdog? Why not?

And what in the world has NCC done on the national stage that has been "incredible"?
In 2008, NCC beat Thomas More (see Saturday's score) and LOST to the Franklin team UW-W is being criticized for beating by 31 points.
This year, NCC beat Benedictine (Benedictine? Really?), and an Ohio Northern team that has won exactly ONE playoff game since 2000.

In the same time span, UW-W has won 2 National Championships and are currently on a 27 game winning streak.
UW-W has not lost a road D3 game since 2004 (Salem in neutral)

There's no underdog. These teams are equal. And Santa Claus is busy working with his elves to give all North Central fans a merry Christmas!  ;D
Well, that should get some action............LMAO ;) ;D
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

bleedpurple

Quote from: footballfan413 on November 29, 2010, 11:03:18 PM

But seriously, there is no real underdog in this game IMO.   UWW's past success is undeniable and NCC's emergence onto the Division 3 national scene  has been nothing short of incredible.  There will be a ton of talented players going at each other on Saturday and I just can't wait!

No underdog? Why not?

;D

FormerCard

But seriously, there is no real underdog in this game IMO.   UWW's past success is undeniable and NCC's emergence onto the Division 3 national scene  has been nothing short of incredible.  There will be a ton of talented players going at each other on Saturday and I just can't wait!

So, I'm going back to my old ways  ;D

No underdog? Why not?

There's no underdog. These teams are equal. And Santa Claus is busy working with his elves to give all North Central fans a merry Christmas!  ;D

North Central didnt play Benedictine this year, check your facts....you cant use the "Really" line if you dont know what you are saying.    If you look at where this program was before Thorne took over then you will see just how far they have come.  Yes, UWW is OBVIOUSLY proven and North Central OBVIOUSLY has alot to prove with their first time in the quarterfinals. 

Congratulations, North Central is now officialy an underdog because of all the reasons you stated.   UWW may be a 21 point favorite in that case.  I will gladly take North Central covering.
Go Cards

Pat Coleman

Thanks for the heads-up on the video. Here's the touchdown you guys were looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eaBUPwNYU
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Warhawk 96

Quote from: bleedpurple on November 29, 2010, 11:04:27 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on November 29, 2010, 11:03:18 PM

No underdog? Why not?

;D

Do you think that the elves have a union? I wonder if they get overtime pay if the job is large enough :D
2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 NCAA Division 3 Champions.
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 WIAC Champions.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 29, 2010, 11:16:01 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the video. Here's the touchdown you guys were looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eaBUPwNYU

Nice!!! I was hoping to get a glimpse of what everyone was talking about.

FormerCard

But seriously, there is no real underdog in this game IMO.  UWW's past success is undeniable and NCC's emergence onto the Division 3 national scene  has been nothing short of incredible.  There will be a ton of talented players going at each other on Saturday and I just can't wait!

No underdog? Why not?

Really?  Benedictine? Really?  I must have missed that game.  Maybe that was sandwiched between our game with Auburn and Oregon.  I missed both of them too.

Thats how it is used.   ;D
Go Cards

emma17

The game gear is washed and ready, I think I'll wear it around the house for a while just to take the anticipation edge off.

413- glad you posted your second comment on football 101.  You're absolutely correct that a good/great passing game is essential for going all the way.  As you pointed out in post #2, football 201 teaches that you can use a strong offensive run game as great defense- Trine can't score when UWW has the ball.  And the run game didn't just get strong in the 4th.  I looked at the play by play stats, there was NO point in the game that the run game wasn't clicking on all cylinders.  I still think the staff wanted to get Brekke more total game experience.  They saw the same effective run game as we did, but they have bigger plans in mind. 

bleedpurple

Quote from: FormerCard on November 29, 2010, 11:14:38 PM

No underdog? Why not?

North Central didnt play Benedictine this year, check your facts....you cant use the "Really" line if you dont know what you are saying.    If you look at where this program was before Thorne took over then you will see just how far they have come.  Yes, UWW is OBVIOUSLY proven and North Central OBVIOUSLY has alot to prove with their first time in the quarterfinals.  

Congratulations, North Central is now officialy an underdog because of all the reasons you stated.   UWW may be a 21 point favorite in that case.  I will gladly take North Central covering.

Thank you. Now we can have a fun week.   ;D

Sorry about the Benedictine faux pax. Didn't mean to rob you of the credit you obviously need for the victory over St. Norbert. But glad to see the other side of you  ;D

Yes. UW-W is the favorite. It's not even. And we are not the underdogs. We wouldn't even KNOW how to do that anyway!  ;D

bleedpurple

Quote from: FormerCard on November 29, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

No underdog? Why not?

Really?  Benedictine? Really?  I must have missed that game.  Maybe that was sandwiched between our game with Auburn and Oregon.  I missed both of them too.

Thats how it is used.   ;D

Thanks for the tips. If I'm going to go back to my old ways of jawing, I'd better at least get the teams right and use the terms correctly!  ;D

bleedpurple

Quote from: emma17 on November 29, 2010, 11:28:58 PM
The game gear is washed and ready, I think I'll wear it around the house for a while just to take the anticipation edge off.

413- glad you posted your second comment on football 101.  You're absolutely correct that a good/great passing game is essential for going all the way.  As you pointed out in post #2, football 201 teaches that you can use a strong offensive run game as great defense- Trine can't score when UWW has the ball.  And the run game didn't just get strong in the 4th.  I looked at the play by play stats, there was NO point in the game that the run game wasn't clicking on all cylinders.  I still think the staff wanted to get Brekke more total game experience.  They saw the same effective run game as we did, but they have bigger plans in mind. 

I think you are right about this. This coaching staff is EXTREMELY PATIENT. They not only plan and play for 60 minutes, they very well might have been bringing Brekke along as they went.  They don't panic.....even when we do!

FormerCard

Ok Bleedpurple.. If you were going to set a line for this game, what would it be?
and an over/under as well. 
Go Cards