Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisheralum91

Will be very interesting to see how the play out of the gate cards.
They have a good core- but will certainly miss Lott and Hart!

Beat poly!

sjfcards

A nice solid start for Fisher tonight as they drop 100 on SUNY Poly and win by 20+. Fisher took a few minutes to get the offense going, but they cruised from there. Pretty impressive start for the Cards.
GO FISHER!!!

fisheralum91

Solid win over Hobart for Fisher.
Gutty one- coming from behind.
Here is hoping that a great season is in store!

sjfcards

Fisher improved their record to 3-0 last night with another nice win over a decent team, beating SUNY Oneonta 80-75. Fisher was up big early, and held on as Oneonta made a push in the second half.

Fisher's next game will be a real test taking on the College of Wooster (#7) this Sunday.
GO FISHER!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville returns to the air tonight - shortly - at 7pm ET! Join us as Dave McHugh takes a look at yet another crazy start to the Division III basketball season especially on the men's side. Dave will also bring back interviews conducted at this year's #Hoopsville Classic. There will also be plenty of time to answer your questions, so join us!

Guests include (recorded at Hoopsville Classic):
- Josh Merkel, Randolph-Macon men's coach
- Joe Burke, Skidmore men's coach
- Rick Ferry, Albright men's coach

Show hits the air at 7:00 PM ET here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/nov27 #d3h.

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

d3d3d3

Dave - Skidmore is in the Liberty League

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yep - wanted to share in both rooms actually for varying reasons since the conversation about the changes in the Liberty have affected the E8 - just forgot to move on to the Liberty room and share it there. Sorry for the confusion.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AUPepBand

Quote from: magicman on December 08, 2016, 04:50:19 AM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on December 04, 2016, 10:55:08 PM
Having seen Alfred up close and personal last Tuesday, I have no doubt that they will finish in the top 4 of Empire 8. A deep and talented team (IMHO) that hasn't gotten too much pub (as of yet) on these E8 boards. Probably because the football team has been kickin butt!   ;)

I think you're on the wrong street. The E8 board is a few blocks on the other side of town. ;D This is the LL board.

Pep reporting in here. Just got back from the football game.....is it basketball season already? Gosh, there used to be a week or so respite between the sports!

Since a very tough Buffalo State team drilled the Saxons at Galanis Arena back in November, snapping a three game win streak, AU went into a depression of sorts and lost four straight including an 87-65 smackdown to a very talented Cal Lutheran team in Thousand Oaks, CA and a not-so-great Luther College team in the Cal Lutheran Tourney consolation.

Good news is that after getting back on the ground in New York, the Saxons shot the lights out at Ben Light Gym en route to a 118-79 win over host Ithaca in their E8 opener. AU shot 61% from the field, better than 50% from behind the arc on 14-of-27 shooting with Tyler Seelman leading all scorers with 32.

This weekend will be a double whammy for the Saxons, who host Naz Friday night and Fisher Saturday afternoon. If AU can keep up the hot shooting, perhaps Bengalsrule's remarks warrrant some merit. Time will tell.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

Saxons shoot 70% from the field in the first half to take a commanding 55-33 halftime lead over Nazareth, then hold on for an 88-69 win at Galanis Arena tonight. AU goes to 2-0 in E8, Naz is 0-1. AU finishes shooting 54% from the field for the game, while the Golden Flyers shot a paltry 30% from the field, 1-of-19 from behind the arc. Naz was 24-of-35 from the free throw line (68%) while AU was 7-of-9.

Pep is thinking the Saxons might have taken a dip in the Pacific Ocean at Malibu and washed the stink off 'em when they were in Thousand Oaks last week because they've put together back-to-back impressive performances and are looking like a team. Keep up the good work, Saxons!

On Saxon Warriors!

AUPepBand

Alex Sausville hits an NBA-range trey with 4.5 seconds remaining to lift Fisher to a hard-fought 64-61 E8 win at Galanis Family Arena. This game was tied at 55 with six minutes and change, then AU went on a spurt to take a 59-55 lead, only to have the Cardinals hit four straight free throws to tie it up at 59. A Sausville layup dropped for a 61-59 Cardinal lead, answered by a pair of free throws by Tyler Seelman with 27 ticks left.

The Cardinals wisely intentionally fouled a Saxon at midcourt and both free throws were missed and that was it. AU drops to 2-1 in E8 play while Fisher goes to 2-0.

On Saxon Warriors!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III season has officially entered "Crunch Time." Regular season schedules are wrapping up, conference tournaments are about to begin, teams are jockeying for conference position or trying to win home-court advantage. And it is all happening the uncertainty of whether NCAA tournament berths are available for a lot of teams.

On Thursday night's Hoopsville, Dave McHugh not only takes another look at this week's Regional Rankings, but also tries to read the tea leaves. He also chats with four teams that all still have something to play for. Whether it is to better position themselves in the eyes of the NCAA committees or just to turn more heads in their conference tournament, these teams are still pushing to continue their seasons.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio starting at 7:00 PM ET LIVE. You can watch the show on the official show page here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/feb16 ... or you can watch the live simulcast on Facebook Live. If you miss the show, you can catch-up on Demand or listen to the podcasts (which will be uploaded at the conclusion of the show).

A reminder the Thursday edition of Hoopsville primarily covers the East, Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, and West regions, but we will answer any questions about all of Division III throughout the show. You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

And please consider helping Hoopsville stay on the air like you might help your public television station. The annual fundraising campaign has less than three weeks remaining, but we are no where close to reaching our goal. Click here for more information: Hoopsville Fundraising Page

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Michael Meek, No. 24 George Fox women's coach
- Katherine Bixby, Dickinson women's coach
- Greg Mitchell, No. 16 Hope men's coach
- Rob Kornaker, St. John Fisher men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Fundraiser: https://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser-2017

fisheralum91

What the hell happened on East ave?
Rob K steps down?
Anybody have scoop?
this is crazy!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

From what I have learned... he had been thinking about retiring for quite awhile. His son is a freshman at Middlebury and will be playing for the Panthers. Apparently, his wife has a solid career and he doesn't need to work - from everything I've learned. He has been debating about when to step down for awhile. I was told he brought his assistant in to take over and resigning now - that this time of the year - is a perfect way to make sure your assistant at least gets one year in control to prove himself.

I was surprised until I got more info and now I kind of understand it. The women's job change is more surprising than this one. LOL

fisheralum91

Wow
that is very interesting and very good for him on all sides.
Congrats to Rob and his family and best of luck to the new regime at Fisher- may they be as successful as the old

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on October 03, 2017, 11:26:45 AM
From what I have learned... he had been thinking about retiring for quite awhile. His son is a freshman at Middlebury and will be playing for the Panthers. Apparently, his wife has a solid career and he doesn't need to work - from everything I've learned. He has been debating about when to step down for awhile. I was told he brought his assistant in to take over and resigning now - that this time of the year - is a perfect way to make sure your assistant at least gets one year in control to prove himself.

I was surprised until I got more info and now I kind of understand it. The women's job change is more surprising than this one. LOL

I talked to Coach Kornaker. It is all true. He felt it was the right time. Nothing amiss at all. He would like to see his son play more often and this allows that to happen. I am told by a few people his assistant, Mike Grosodonia will be named head coach on Wednesday - I am unsure if he will have a interim tag or not.