WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is hard work just to get into the NCAA tournament in the first place. It is even harder to get out of the second two rounds. But which eight teams of the 32 left can get the job done and march on to the championship weekends?

Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh chats with some of those who have already surprised and those who hope to keep their tournament dreams reality.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET. You can watch the show here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/mar10

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Ryan Cain, Keene State men's coach
- Jim Scheible, No. 16 Rochester women's coach
- Kendra Hassel, No. 6 UT-Tyler women's coach
- Jason Zimmerman, Emory men's coach (NABC Coach's Corner)
- Dave Hixon, No. 15 Amherst men's coach
- Steve Moore, Wooster men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ralph Turner

UTT beats GFU in OT to move to the Elite 8.

mcmfan

Congratulations UTT!  Great win -- now do it agin for all of us in the ASC!!
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

Wartburg 80, UTTyler 74 in the Elite 8 game.  Thanks for representing the ASC so well.

That was quality basketball!  It was a fun game to watch.

mcmfan

It was fun to listen to the announcers trying to figure out how a team from Texas got to the elite eight.  Even though you lost, you gave the ASC some serious exposure to the rest of the country.  Congratulations on a great run!
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: mcmfan on March 12, 2016, 10:06:37 PM
It was fun to listen to the announcers trying to figure out how a team from Texas got to the elite eight.  Even though you lost, you gave the ASC some serious exposure to the rest of the country.  Congratulations on a great run!
Wartburg is 3 hours from St Paul. They made comments about the UTT fans making some noise in the 4th quarter.

I wonder what the fan distribution was,  200 for Wartburg 50 for UTT?

Ralph Turner

I like what you are doing with the McMurry Women, Coach Densman-Roes.  I believe in you and your program.

Ralph Turner

McMurry 76, at UMHB 73.
Nice win for the young team, on the road.

kr

Just bored at work and wondering if anybody has thoughts on ASC women's basketball for the 2017-18 season.

Ralph Turner

If I remember correctly, weren't Brittany Densman-Roes and Kendra Anderson Hassell teammates at HSU back in the Julie Goodenough days?

If so, the McMurry 83-73 win must be a little bit sweeter.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is already the midway point of January. In a month's time, we will be looking at conference tournaments and discussing who has a chance to make the NCAA tournaments. However, there is still a lot of basketball to be played and many teams are starting to take the turn into the second half of conference play.

On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, Dave will chat with a number of guests to get a landscape of where things are in Division III. The conversation will include checking in at the NCAA Convention where legislation will be voted on by DIII members and conferences on whether to start the season a week earlier.

Dave then talks to some of the hotter teams in the country. Two women's programs (ranked and unranked) who are leading their respective conferences and looking to build on recent success. Also two men's programs one of which is not in the spotlight as much as they traditionally are along with a program we haven't talked to in a number of years.

This week's WBCA Center Court will feature a women's coach who is doing what she can to spread the word about women's basketball including giving more of her time to make sure her colleagues are taken care of and heard.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2DmSR9D

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- James Wagner, CSAC Assistant Commissioner
- Bobby Hurley, Stevens men's coach
- Kris Huffman, No. 9 DePauw women's coach
- Polly Thomason, Texas-Dallas women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Matt Logie, No. 7 Whitworth men's coach
- Ashlee Rogers, Marymount women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ralph Turner

Meia Daniels-Nettles is head coach at her alma mater now.

I have fond memories of that 2008 season with her and the Jostens winner McMurry's Tara Richardson.

HPU went undefeated to win the National Championship.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

mcmfan

One game to go for our McMurry women, the women War Hawks, formerly the LIB, formerly the Lady Indians... finally getting back into it in DIII.  It should rock next Saturday at HSU, the last game of the season for both teams.  No matter that we can't advance into the conference tournament, but this is our final year on probation since returning to DIII.  Next year should be real fun, if we can build on this year's results!
Alacumba!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: mcmfan on February 10, 2018, 08:43:15 PM
One game to go for our McMurry women, the women War Hawks, formerly the LIB, formerly the Lady Indians... finally getting back into it in DIII.  It should rock next Saturday at HSU, the last game of the season for both teams.  No matter that we can't advance into the conference tournament, but this is our final year on probation since returning to DIII.  Next year should be real fun, if we can build on this year's results!
Will McM women play in the NCCAA post-season tourney?

I saw that they lost the NCCAA Division II #1 Arlington Baptist, but beat #3 Randall (OK) this year.

As for next year, I can see Coach Densman-Roes building a program like McM had in the 2000's.