FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: George Thompson on November 17, 2017, 03:03:47 PM
It seems the D3 experts give Linfield little chance tomorrow. 

Three of the six definitely give Linfield a chance.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gren

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 17, 2017, 03:39:36 PM
Quote from: George Thompson on November 17, 2017, 03:03:47 PM
It seems the D3 experts give Linfield little chance tomorrow. 

Three of the six definitely give Linfield a chance.
With a chance there's hope and hope is a great thing.  GO CATS

CalCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on November 17, 2017, 02:26:51 PM
SCIAC crew working tomorrow's game.....

Hope they have a good game....would be first SCIAC represenitive ever having a good playoff in McMinnville.
CalCat

Foss

HSU should be the favorite tomorrow. I would have been surprised if the majority of the crew picked the 'Cats to win. Maybe surprised by a couple of the point differentials, but no biggie. HSU is the higher ranked team (Top 5 for a reason), has been much more consistent on O, and actually played UMHB closer than we did.

Our D will be the closest thing they've seen to UMHB's. If our O can catch fire in time, we may get a chance to play the defending champs again and hope for a repeat of what happened in 2014 at the CRUthedral.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

wildcat11

Quote from: Foss on November 17, 2017, 04:51:53 PM
HSU should be the favorite tomorrow. I would have been surprised if the majority of the crew picked the 'Cats to win. Maybe surprised by a couple of the point differentials, but no biggie. HSU is the higher ranked team (Top 5 for a reason), has been much more consistent on O, and actually played UMHB closer than we did.

Our D will be the closest thing they've seen to UMHB's. If our O can catch fire in time, we may get a chance to play the defending champs again and hope for a repeat of what happened in 2014 at the CRUthedral.

I agree.  No reason for HSU not to be the favorite. My hope is that our defense and special teams can keep it close enough and that our offense can make enough plays to squeak on past HSU.

D O.C.

Not that PC cares, but I, for one, am satisfied by the coverage and images of LINFIELD this season. Just maybe home field advantage will be good enough to garner some more "ink" next week.

I find interesting where Hansen Ratings is now integrated into a symbiotic DIII vehicle in this realm. I believe at one point it was poo-pooed. All the better for us fans.

jamtod

As I finish my rewatch the 2015 UST-Linfield game on 2017 playoffs' eve, do the Linfield players still have those nasty cop-staches?

wildcat11

MonroviaCat

Go Cats!

RFB

Dominant win for Linfield today. Man, that defense is lethal, and the offense looked very good. Very impressed with Wyatt Smith, so much poise for a freshmen. It's an absolute shame that Linfield has to travel to Belton next week.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: RFB on November 18, 2017, 05:31:32 PM
Dominant win for Linfield today. Man, that defense is lethal, and the offense looked very good. Very impressed with Wyatt Smith, so much poise for a freshmen. It's an absolute shame that Linfield has to travel to Belton next week.
I'm happy with the results today.  Cats really showed up.  I think next weeks game could be a good one.
Go Cats!

CalCat

Quote from: MonroviaCat on November 18, 2017, 05:36:05 PM
Quote from: RFB on November 18, 2017, 05:31:32 PM
I'm happy with the results today.  Cats really showed up.  I think next weeks game could be a good one.

Definitely a different team compared to the one that faced UMHB second week. Interesting both teams we start different QBs.  I would imagine the Cat players are happy to get a chance to play the best team in D3 and make a trip to the premier D3 venue.
CalCat

D O.C.

So CalCat and MonroviaCat are ticketed to Dallas.
I'll hold down the fort.

(MCat, you did get that American Airlines open-ended ticket I sent?)

Kelly Boggs

Congratulations Cats! Strong win today. UMHB and Linfield are not the same teams that faced each other in week two. Solid defenses and improving offenses with different/young QBs. It should be a good one next week at The CRUthedral in Belton, Texas.

Travel safe to those who are making their way to Texas. FYI: Miller's BBQ is in a new venue. It's just a block down the street from the old one. 
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

MonroviaCat

Quote from: D O.C. on November 18, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
So CalCat and MonroviaCat are ticketed to Dallas.
I'll hold down the fort.

(MCat, you did get that American Airlines open-ended ticket I sent?)
Got it-  I sent it along to Bluenote---he loves flying.  I'll be driving back from Phoenix during the game next week (unless I can convince my family to leave at the crack of dawn). So hoping for good cell reception.
Go Cats!