FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustySJU

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 10, 2017, 02:35:09 PM
Quote from: wm4 on October 10, 2017, 02:32:20 PM
(cough, cough) 20 and 17 are the only numbers that matter (cough, cough)

:P

We do appreciate their assistance with helping us to set the D3 attendance record and their money to help fund some scholarships and new athletic buildings for future Tommies.

And we'll love kicking UST ass in the playoffs.

It's almost MEA weekend, anyone have some early playoff speculation?
The Official Fan Site For St. John's Football - Underground!  www.JohnnieFootball.com

jamtod

Quote from: DustySJU on October 16, 2017, 02:11:22 PM

UST and Concordia will represent the MIAC well, each winning in the first round. Concordia will drop in round 2, and UST will advance to the quarters or semis, whichever round they end up going on the road to UW-O (probably). Alternatively, I think we'd do well in a matchup with North Central, but if that happened, it would likely be at their place and I'm going to need to see some further development in a few areas before I feel great about that.

DustySJU

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 16, 2017, 02:21:52 PM

UST and Concordia will represent the MIAC well, each winning in the first round. Concordia will drop in round 2, and UST will advance to the quarters or semis, whichever round they end up going on the road to UW-O (probably). Alternatively, I think we'd do well in a matchup with North Central, but if that happened, it would likely be at their place and I'm going to need to see some further development in a few areas before I feel great about that.

Ok, so you're a recent addition to Tommie band wagon. I get it.

Put on your thinking cap, dig deep and give me the west region first round matchups and any other west region teams shipped out to East, South or North.

Can you read below the purple line?
The Official Fan Site For St. John's Football - Underground!  www.JohnnieFootball.com

OzJohnnie

[  

USTBench

Quote from: DustySJU on October 16, 2017, 02:57:46 PM

Put on your thinking cap, dig deep and give me the west region first round matchups and any other west region teams shipped out to East, South or North.

Concordia couldn't get the ball into UST territory, even once, two Saturdays ago. I don't know if I like their chances on the road against SJU without Herzog, especially with the playoffs on the line.  If UST wins out, I like SJU to get a Pool C. It would be cool to see the Cobbers break through after knocking on the door for so many years, but I left the game two weeks ago feeling pretty underwhelmed.

I think if UST showed up against UW-Stout the MIAC could be looking at the possibility of getting 3 teams in, especially with a Cobber win over UWW. It's unfortunate that it appears that an undoubtedly Top 25 team will be at home, while CSS will most likely be getting throttled by UWO or UST in the first round.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

sjusection105

There is a fall chill in the air & Dusty SJU is back!
If we aren't leaving at 4:00am, we're coming home at 4:00am! Road trip baby  8-)
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

wm4

Very familiar with North Central and their program.  They've got a really good team this year, but I don't think it's really any different a make up than their teams in the past.  Broc Rutter is a skilled and experienced QB who gets rid of the ball quickly and is serviceable in the run too (think in the mold of UWO QB).  They lost their best offensive weapon in WR Ryan Kuhl with a bad knee injury a couple weeks back, so that's a significant loss.   

NCC doesn't have a lot of deep playoff history (except for 2013), so getting into the final 8 would be rare air for them.  I could see them facing Mount Union in the quarter finals.

jamtod

Quote from: USTBench on October 16, 2017, 04:01:03 PM

Concordia couldn't get the ball into UST territory, even once, two Saturdays ago. I don't know if I like their chances on the road against SJU without Herzog, especially with the playoffs on the line.  If UST wins out, I like SJU to get a Pool C. It would be cool to see the Cobbers break through after knocking on the door for so many years, but I left the game two weeks ago feeling pretty underwhelmed.

Stop spoiling my fun and play along Bench.

USTBench

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 16, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

Assuming SJU can squeak by the Gusties that is.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: USTBench on October 16, 2017, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 16, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

So if UST wins the MIAC, Concordia finishes 9-1 and gets a Pool C spot, and SJU finishes 8-2, do you think there's any chance SJU lands a Pool C spot?

wm4

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on October 16, 2017, 06:18:54 PM

So if UST wins the MIAC, Concordia finishes 9-1 and gets a Pool C spot, and SJU finishes 8-2, do you think there's any chance SJU lands a Pool C spot?

No way.  Strength of schedule would hurt them 98 times over, and no wins over a regionally ranked opponent.

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

AO

Quote from: wm4 on October 16, 2017, 06:25:51 PM
Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on October 16, 2017, 06:18:54 PM

No way.  Strength of schedule would hurt them 98 times over, and no wins over a regionally ranked opponent.
Scholastica helps SJU's strength of schedule.  If they had played Eau Claire instead of Scholastica they might struggle to get in at 9-1.

RoyalsFan

Quote from: USTBench on October 16, 2017, 05:20:45 PM

From what I saw out of the Gusties against Bethel this last Saturday I don't think that will be an issue.

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis