Rule and Policy Changes

Started by hopefan, June 24, 2015, 09:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AppletonRocks

What is the rule if a coach yells an expletive?  Is it an automatic technical?  It should be.

Pat Miller from Whitewater let one fly last night, I heard it from 100 feet away but the refs must have missed it.  Despicable.  >:(
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

AppletonRocks

What is the rule if a coach yells an expletive?  Is it an automatic technical?  It should be.

Pat Miller from Whitewater let one fly last night, I heard it from 100 feet away but the refs must have missed it.  Despicable.  >:(
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Refs discretion. If you think that was bad, you probably never attended an Indiana game during the Booby Knight hey-days. It happens. Refs can decide if it crosses the line.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 14, 2015, 08:32:38 PM
Refs discretion. If you think that was bad, you probably never attended an Indiana game during the Booby Knight hey-days. It happens. Refs can decide if it crosses the line.

Can't help wondering - was this deliberate or a typo? ;D

(Though in his 'elder-statesman' days, he insists on 'Robert'! ::))

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

LOL... new computer and not used to the keypad still. Oops. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Mr. Ypsi

As a Michigan man, I thought 'Booby' was highly appropriate! ;D

magicman

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 14, 2015, 09:55:10 PM
As a Michigan man, I thought 'Booby' was highly appropriate! ;D

plus k Chuck

magicman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 14, 2015, 09:51:05 PM
LOL... new computer and not used to the keypad still. Oops. :)

And plus k for being so honest Dave. It was a perfect chance  to claim a good joke!  :D 8-)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah... can't claim that one. I couldn't even think of that one... disappointing, I know. LOL

smedindy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 12, 2015, 01:23:41 PM
It will allow the game to move more quickly without the freight train to the free throw line as early as 12 minutes left in a half like we see across college basketball in the past.

Our D2 Women's Team had a 51-49 win against Hawaii Pacific, and instead of the FT train at the end, since neither team fouled a lot in the 4th it was a let 'em play scenario. I kind of like it - though I'm really having issues with the four quarters. I have to balance minutes, print stats for coaches and media, set up the new quarter and get everyone on the floor in a rush and a push. Thankfully I have a good caller and am fast at the play editor....

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Eh... I'd skip giving coaches stats until halftime. Just sayin.

hscathletics

And you can always balance the minutes for the first and third quarters at halftime and the end of the game. All you have to do is change periods when you go into balance minutes. Same with editing plays (unless it effects the score or foul totals). How many people are even going to notice minutes aren't balanced at the end of the first quarter?

smedindy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 16, 2015, 03:26:26 PM

Conference rule to give stats to coaches and media at the media time outs and quarter breaks (and half). Yes, even in a small D2 conference we have mandatory media time outs. It screwed up Whitman's men at first.

I got my system down now. Just took a game or two.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: smedindy on December 11, 2015, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 16, 2015, 03:26:26 PM

Conference rule to give stats to coaches and media at the media time outs and quarter breaks (and half). Yes, even in a small D2 conference we have mandatory media time outs. It screwed up Whitman's men at first.

I got my system down now. Just took a game or two.

Sometimes it's all about working out the kinks. Good to hear for your sake.

ronk

Dave McHugh,
   NCAA convention question:
    Did they send u a link for the agenda topics? As an unofficial scout for prospects, I'm particularly interested in the recruiting proposals. The change this year to being able to talk with prospects/parents after any day of a multi-day tourney instead of having to wait til the conclusion of the tourney was particularly beneficial to me(and the prospects ;D); talking with them after soph year vs junior year was less so.