Team Record Books

Started by tweisman5, January 15, 2017, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tweisman5

Does anyone know of a website available with every individual team's record book. I've looked through the ncaa.org website, but all I can find is a record book of the entire NCAA broken down with each division. I'm looking for something more detail such as searching for "team x", and I get a return of team x's passing TD record, rushing YDS record, etc. If anyone is aware of any website or method to find this out, it would be helpful. Maybe it's somewhere on ncaa.org, but I could have missed it.
Go Mustangs!

Pat Coleman

It isn't something the NCAA would track. Those are the school's responsibility to create and manage and I am not aware of anyone who aggregates that info.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

OC_SID

To add to Pat's post. Some schools have their record book online and some don't. And those who do, some have very nice record books and others not so nice. I know for myself, I told myself several years ago that I would spend a couple summers re-designing and enhancing the record books that I inherited when I started at Olivet. For example, the football one that I inherited did not have the actual day and location for every game in our history, so I researched to get that information. Other missing information were Top 10 lists for the statistical categories. The old book just had the record-holder. Here's a link to our record book -- http://olivetcomets.com/sports/fball/archives/FB_RECORD_BOOK.PDF -- still have some more enhancing to do by adding some defensive records but not sure on what to do with that because other than interceptions, my predecessors did not keep game/season/career reports for defensive stats (tackles, quarterback sacks, etc.). The few season sheets that I found for a couple years have obvious flaws.

Bombers798891

I've got nearly every Ithaca College football media guide from 1970-2009, and I really want to create a website for it. Not with any copyrighted images/logos, just stats. IC's website has single season/career top 10s in certain categories, and the schedule/results going back to like, 2003, but I look at these old media guides and think, "This is information that is really likely to be lost to time". And maybe that's simply because there's no real demand for it at this level. But something in me says it shouldn't be lost. IDK if I can do any of that (legally) or if I'd have the time/skills to do so even it I was allowed. But I think about it