D-3 Players in the Pros

Started by Knightstalker, August 18, 2005, 02:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albatross

Hawks88 I was very surprised to see that retweeted on my twitter timeline last night...good for him!

Bartman

Ali Marpet is playing well at Center for the BUCS and just beat my Giants and his favorite team growing up. Giants need him ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Teamski

It looks like Joe Callahan will be activated this week as Brett Hundley's backup at Green Bay now that Rodgers is out for the season.   A bittersweet moment for this ex-pat cheesehead.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Teamski on October 15, 2017, 10:39:07 PM
It looks like Joe Callahan will be activated this week as Brett Hundley's backup at Green Bay now that Rodgers is out for the season.   A bittersweet moment for this ex-pat cheesehead.

-Ski

Tough break for the Pack; great opportunity for Callahan.  I could VERY easily see him beating out Hundley (IF the Pack don't pick up someone else).

I'm a thoroughly disgusted Lions' fan, so have mixed feelings!

Teamski

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 15, 2017, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: Teamski on October 15, 2017, 10:39:07 PM

-Ski

Tough break for the Pack; great opportunity for Callahan.  I could VERY easily see him beating out Hundley (IF the Pack don't pick up someone else).

I'm a thoroughly disgusted Lions' fan, so have mixed feelings!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/packers-coach-mccarthy-quiets-free-agent-qb-talk-after-rodgers-injury/ar-AAtykkk?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Teamski

02 Warhawk

Callahan released by the Packers to make room for Rodgers' return.

pfff....whatever

Bartman

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 16, 2017, 03:43:17 PM

pfff....whatever
Callahan is living the dream and made some nice money post graduation and got real close to playing in an NFL regular season game, but when Hundley was faltering they never inserted Callahan, I think that says a lot....I would be surprised if he gets past where he is now, toggling between taxi squad and third string...but then, you never know
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

MUC57

Regarding the Callahan story. Chris Kern from Mount Union was on the roster of the Detroit Lions for awhile. He told me they would call meetings and state that Dlll players were not to attend. Can't seem to get any respect if you're Dlll. Callahan was certainly all-world at Wesley. He deserves better!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

thewaterboy

Quote from: Bartman on December 18, 2017, 09:45:02 AM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 16, 2017, 03:43:17 PM

pfff....whatever
Callahan is living the dream and made some nice money post graduation and got real close to playing in an NFL regular season game, but when Hundley was faltering they never inserted Callahan, I think that says a lot....I would be surprised if he gets past where he is now, toggling between taxi squad and third string...but then, you never know
The Packers must like something about him. They just resigned him to the active roster today. Interesting.

retagent

I am guessing, but since they have been eliminated from the Playoff picture, they may deactivate Rodgers in order for him to complete his recuperation. If they do this, he may actually get some playing time.

Bartman

Quote from: AO on December 19, 2017, 10:42:09 AM
Another great article about Greenville's Nicholas Morrow.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12/15/raiders-nicholas-morrow-a-pleasant-surprise-in-disappointing-season/
Wow, I had not heard of Nicholas Morrow before(mostly follow East)....this is an awesome story
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Teamski

Wesley's Joe Callahan completed his first NFL regular season pass today for Green Bay.  Well done!  :D

-Ski

Bartman

Hobart's Ali Marpet was the seventh ranked starting Center in the NFL this year and the highest ranked Tampa Lineman , pretty good having never played Center before. Ended season on the IR, hopefully he will mend by next season....injury may impact his "early" resigning with TB until they know he is recovered.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath