FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PistachioX

Poor guys at The Boston Globe - always seem to be a step behind ...and ESPNBoston is mainly interested with FBS/FCS kids.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/22058/football-national-letter-of-intent-signees

Hopefully all three resources will refine their lists to provide an accurate and comprehensive list by the end of business today.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: PistachioX on February 06, 2013, 12:56:22 PM
Poor guys at The Boston Globe - always seem to be a step behind ...and ESPNBoston is mainly interested with FBS/FCS kids.

Hopefully all three resources will refine their lists to provide an accurate and comprehensive list by the end of business today.

Dan Ventura of the Herald is really the one who is on top of these things, and coaches should really be the ones who get this info out.

In reality, most of the nescac kids were probably already admitted back in the fall and should have been on a list back then.

PistachioX

nescac1

Seems like very few regional recruits for Williams ... the Ephs appear to be focused more on outside of New England.  Time will tell if it pays off.  The Ephs, despite the down season, did seem to  have some good frosh on the team this year, and most of the top newcomers were from outside the typical recruiting areas (players from Washington state, Rhode Island, North Carolina, Georgia, and New Jersey seemed to make the biggest splash as frosh).  I'm curious as to whether the Ephs are bringing in any big-time QB prospects this year.  The QB depth chart, in terms of both numbers and talent, is really, really thin right now, and the Ephs desperately need some guys who can make an impact at that position.  Williams also could really use some added talent on the D-line in particular, and the Ephs have only brought in one TB (who does not seem like a future starter) in the last two years ... another spot were an infusion of talent is badly needed for the future (although if healthy Scyocurka will be as good as anyone in NESCAC over the next two years).   

One other Eph recruiting tidbit:

Delsea's Kobie Allen, a second-team All-South Jersey offensive lineman, plans to play at Williams College, according to Crusaders coach Sal Marchese

Gr8ful1

Would anyone know when the teams announce their schedules for the upcoming season?  Is there a website I could go to?  Thanks.

gridiron

Regarding the schedule, simply look at last season's and reverse home and away.

Gr8ful1

gridiron...I do not pretend to know the conf as well as most on this blog but am pretty sure there are more than 8 teams and that the teams do not play each other year after year with only difference being who is the home team.  Give me some credit  ::)

PistachioX...by "upcoming season" I was referring to the 2013 season.  I appreciate the link but it only has the 2012 season...for now.  Any idea when 2013 might likely be posted or available elsewhere?

fulbakdad

There are 9 teams and they don't play anyone out of conferance, so they play 8 games each year.  And if you look at past seasons, they pretty much just reverse home/away each year....

warriorcat

Actually, there are ten teams that play football.  Conn College does not have a team.  The teams that each school plays remains the same for two years.  Every other year a team rotates off a team's schedule.  2013 will be the second year of the current schedule.  So you need to just flip the home and away teams to get the schedule.   

fulbakdad

my bad.  I just went to one of the teams schedules and counted.  Then looked back at a random picking of years to see the same schedule.

Gr8ful1

Thanks everyone.  Certainly not looking to be confrontational.  To be more specific, when do you think the 2013 schedule will be posted as to the actual dates and locations for the coming season? Or do the teams always play the same opponents on the same weekend (i.e. 3rd Saturday in October)every two years running?

Pat Coleman

It really is just a mirror image of the schedule from the previous year.

In my experience, New England football schedules are about the last to come out in Division III every year, despite the fact that they don't change much.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.