FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3fan1515

How did AU look vs. North Central tonight?

bleedpurple

ANYONE INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF THE 2011 TOP 25 FAN POLL, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE WITH YOUR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS. Now that Kickoff is out, I'd like to get our first poll out by the middle of next week.

RFMichigan

CUC's roster is up; about 95 total with about 45 frosh. They lost a ton of contributing seniors from last year plus a lineman or two that were listed as juniors last year who are not on the roster this year.

"Back in the day" Concordia regularly lost an eligible player or two to student teaching their senior year.  (Concordia was originally named "Concordia Teachers College", and for a while, educating teachers and pastors was the sole purpose of the school.) It still has a large teacher education program, but I'll have to check why the missing players.

Some checking found that they brought in a transfer QB from Grand Valley State (MI), one of the better DII programs in the nation. He's listed as a senior, so it looks as though it's the same situation as Benedictine's QB from last year, Preston Earl, who came in as a transfer for his senior year.

Can somebody fill me in on the percentages of returning football players by class for NAC schools or DIII. Is 50% Are there some stats out there? (I can't find any online.) My guess the turnover for NAC schools is maybe for freshmen is somewhat higher than conferences such as the CCIW or MIAA? Or not.

old 40

RFMichigan

Saw your note on CUC's QB from Grand Valley. He was at AU a couple of years ago when my som played. I do not know what happened but he only stayed a year. Hope he can help. IMHO he is a lomg  way from AU's current QB. Good Luck to CUC this year as they still should be good despite the loses.

RFMichigan

Quote from: old 40 on August 29, 2011, 10:41:07 AM
RFMichigan

Saw your note on CUC's QB from Grand Valley. He was at AU a couple of years ago when my som played. I do not know what happened but he only stayed a year. Hope he can help. IMHO he is a lomg  way from AU's current QB. Good Luck to CUC this year as they still should be good despite the loses.
Interesting note about the QB - thanks. I don't know if he's going to be the starter or not, but CUC only has three QB's listed on their roster, one who has been the backup to Marotta for the last two years.

old 40

RFMichigan

I suspect whoever they have at QB will be able to throw to their speedy WR. I think they have have 2-3 returners at WR.

I have not seen AU practice or scrimmage because my youngest son is playing for St. Xavier but my oldest son saw AU practice and said their QB is better than last year and they have 3 really good receivers. Their TE is the best in the league. He thinks the Defense is looking fast and should be strong again. AU vs BU will be for all the marbles come the 2nd week of the conference season.

My son has a buddy who is a CUW grad and they are going to be much improved. They may be the sleeper if AU and BU have a let down. I looked at their roster and they have several freshmen from Florida and a 6'6" WR. They gave AU a good game last year and their D was one of the top in the league.

How is everyones team looking? What's everyones predictions for the conference finish. My  guesses are;
1-AU, 2-Tie BU&CUW 4-CUC, 5-WLC, 6-LC, 7-MBC, 8-RC.

This weeks game predictions later in the week.

d3fan1515

I agree with you old40 I think CUW will be a force this year as well. They will have something to say about who wins the conference!

d3fan1515

For this weeks predictions, I think CC, BU, AU, and WLC get W's this week! I think the conference goes 4-4. Please prove me wrong other NathC teams, I want our conference to have a better pre-season showing!

Zeus51

Just wanted to say congrats to these two NAC football players for being named as midwest region players to watch this year!!!

John Borsellino, running back, junior, Benedictine: After losing its quarterback and top receiver to graduation, the Eagles will look to Borsellino to carry the load, who averaged nearly 90 yards a game in 2010. The first-team All-Northern Athletic Conference performer will have help running behind other first-team all-conference lineman Bryan Wieseman and tight end Kevin Novacich.

Derek DiNino, defensive line, senior, Aurora: DiNino, another first-team All-Northern Athletic Conference performer, will anchor the Spartans defensive line as Aurora tries to unseat Benedictine for the conference title. DiNino had 48 tackles and returned one interception 85 yards for a touchdown last season.

baseman201

Ahhh, another year of NAC football,

I hope CUC can get some quality players to replace Copeland at RB and Marotta at QB. Egebrecht is gone at WR, but they have Thomas who had over 1,000 yards receiving back, so at least one of the spots should be ok. 

Old 40 was talking about a 6'6 WR at CUW, I realize looking at height means nothing until you see them play, but CUC has a 6'7 WR on the roster.  If he's athletic and coordinated he could be dangerous, but we won't know until the season starts of course.  I am still predicting CUC finishing at 1, 2 or 3 as long as Pries did a good job of recruiting.

Guess we will find out!!

MRedbirds77

After looking at the CUC's roster that was posted up, I can tell you one thing whoever the QB ends up being is going to be big and able to move. One is 6-4 225 and the other 6-3 235 and I hear both are considered dual threats, which is going to give them a little different type offensive look from their stud QB from last year. Looking closer at their roster the defense is really not missing any of it's playmakers, but my main concern is if they can stop the pass because last year my sons grade school team could have thrown all over them as BU showed and U of Chicago.  But someone who posted earlier was right on top of the 2 O-linemen missing due to graduation there is another not on the roster anymore, so that means they are missing three starters there. There is no doubt they will have 3 or 4 speedy returning WR's that can all make plays. I will be at the game saturday with some of my co-workers and be able to give you more then. I am excited to see what CUC has to bring to the table saturday...... Does anyone know how the BU scrimmage went against ILL wesleyan? or any other scrimmages went? Game day is a couple days away and we will be able to tell soon enough what these NAC teams are bringing to the table...

old 40

Zeus51

Those two are really good. The AU kid I have seen for last 3 years and he is good and IMHO the top DL in the NAC. I also have previously said that BU RB is also the best back in the league. I wish both well.

What is everyones predictions this week?
CUC over Lake Forest- 31-14 CUC still has firepower
CUW over Augsburg- CUW at home and pulls the upset 21-20
Carroll over LC- I don't know anything about Carroll or what LC has. Carroll wins 24-7
AU over North Park- The AU D should stymie the option. AU wins 24-14
Westminster over RC- I am not familiar with Westminester but they will win 26-0
Martin Luther over MBBC- 31-7
Ripon over WLC- WLC lost big on D. Ripon wins 34-10
BU over Eureka- BU wins easy 41-14

Good Luck to everyones Team this week.

WLCALUM83

I'll go with

CUC
Augsburg
Carroll
AU
Westminster
Martin Luther
Ripon
BU

jayhawkdaddy

I'm pulling for:
CUC - to roll all over Lake Forest
Augsburg  -  Good game but AC too much for CUW
Carroll U  -  In a romp!
Aurora U  -  gets by NPU by a field goal
Westminster  -  has an easy time with Rockford
Martin Luther  -  The trophy stays with MLC for another year!
Benedictine U  -  Another easy win for BU

jayhawkdaddy

Sorry....I left off the Ripon/WLC game.
I pick  -  Ripon