BB: CC: Centennial Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Welcome to the Baseball Message Board for the Centennial Conference (CC).

pizzashop

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. ~ Benjamin Franklin

pizzashop

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Lefty

#16 Johns Hopkins was smoked by #9 Salisbury 21-6 today.  I don't know Hopkins at all but it looks like they were saving their best pitchers for the Centennial Conference Tournament this weekend. 

I plan on attending the Hopkins/Ursinus game on Friday.  It is the opening round of the Conference Tournament.

Pat Coleman

We're pondering broadcasting the Centennial finals on Sunday.

Actually, we're set to, just waiting to hear back from the broadcast provider.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Lefty

I am thinking about making the trip up to F&M......maybe we will run into each other.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Lefty on May 02, 2007, 08:04:54 PM
#16 Johns Hopkins was smoked by #9 Salisbury 21-6 today.  I don't know Hopkins at all but it looks like they were saving their best pitchers for the Centennial Conference Tournament this weekend. 

I plan on attending the Hopkins/Ursinus game on Friday.  It is the opening round of the Conference Tournament.
I wonder why JHU plays a critical in-region game this late in the season and doesn't consider their pitching staff versus a team that is looking to boost its regional record for a Pool B/C bid.

That loss doesn't help JHU, but is worth 14 QOWI points to Salisbury.

OldHasBeen

salisbury and hopkins are not in the same regions...same state--different region...hopkins is mid-atlantic and salisbury plays in the south, i will be at all CC tourny games as well...should be fun

Lefty

Quote from: OldHasBeen on May 03, 2007, 01:26:53 PM
salisbury and hopkins are not in the same regions...same state--different region...hopkins is mid-atlantic and salisbury plays in the south, i will be at all CC tourny games as well...should be fun

This game actually is considered a regional game since they are within 200 miles of each other.  Here are the three guidelines for regional games:

A game can be classified as regional in any of three ways.

Both teams are full Division III members (or third- or fourth-year provisional members) and:

1) are in the same Division III member conference or same region as defined by the appropriate Division III Baseball committee.

2) The teams are within 200 miles of each other via the NCAA's approved mapping software.

3) The teams are within the same NCAA administrative region.

I copied those from the Hoops FAQ...I am sure the same apply.

Pat Coleman

The same apply, yes. They are both in the same administrative region and within 200 miles.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Lefty

I just got back from the Ursinus @ Johns Hopkins game today.  Ursinus won 6-3 behind a complete game from Zeb Engle.  Ursinus jumped on Hopkins early scoring three runs in the first and it could have been much worse.  Ursinus had a 2-0 lead and bases loaded with no outs when Hopkins brought in Pat Steffee in relief for an injured Joe Zaccaria.  Steffee got Wickersham to ground into a double play and struck out Ziemak. 

Engle was outstanding today.  He kept Hopkins off balance with a nice curveball and was painting the corners.  He had seven strikeouts on the day and walked three.  When he was in trouble he was able to roll the key double play or a key strikeout.

Gettysburg upset Franklin and Marshall 10-8 so Hopkins will meet F&M at 9:00 am followed by Gettysburg vs. Ursinus at 12:30.   

Spence

Wow...couple of upsets that could have impact in the region rankings.

Lefty

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.  F&M swept Hopkins in the regular season doubleheader.  If F&M beats them in the early game what happens to Hopkins??  This could really impact the Pool C bids.

Spence

Sure could. As in this could become a one-bid conference very quickly if F&M doesn't win it. I can't see them taking JHU if they're 0-3 against F&M and F&M not being in. And I don't think F&M is a strong candidate for a Pool C bid.