FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlippiel

Quote from: Bartman on December 12, 2017, 05:48:47 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on December 12, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
Exciting news for SR WR Brandon Shed:

http://gohobart.blogspot.com
Great news for Brandon. I also heard Koree Reed from Hartwick received an invite. Last year there were no D3 players invited to the NFLPA Bowl. This is a legit feeder Bowl for the NFL Combine as 35 of the 112 roster players last year got an invite to the combine. If Brandon has a good day he might get an invite to the combine , and you know what happened the last time a Hobart player was there. Good luck to Brandon.

Good luck Brandon!! We are all rooting for you!!

Bartman

Quote from: dlip on December 13, 2017, 11:55:46 AM

Great news for Brandon. I also heard Koree Reed from Hartwick received an invite. Last year there were no D3 players invited to the NFLPA Bowl. This is a legit feeder Bowl for the NFL Combine as 35 of the 112 roster players last year got an invite to the combine. If Brandon has a good day he might get an invite to the combine , and you know what happened the last time a Hobart player was there. Good luck to Brandon.

dlip,
    January 20, 2018 on ESPNU.....The Pumpkinhead Helmet will be on the field at the Rose Bowl.....Happy Holidays to you and the family ...and the Dutchmen ....see you next year at the Boz!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

dlippiel

Quote from: Bartman on December 14, 2017, 12:17:04 PM
Quote from: dlip on December 13, 2017, 11:55:46 AM

dlip,
    January 20, 2018 on ESPNU.....The Pumpkinhead Helmet will be on the field at the Rose Bowl.....Happy Holidays to you and the family ...and the Dutchmen ....see you next year at the Boz!

dlip will be tuned in for sure Bartman! dlip wishes you and your family a wonderful Holiday as well. It's always a pleasure talking football with you and dlip looks forward to meeting you next year. He'll buy you a Hot Dog and we can shoot the ****. +k

Bartman

D3Football.com AA Team announced for 2017...first time Liberty League was shut out from any spot on the team......recruit,recruit,recruit
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

meadowdale

What the heck happened to St Lawrence?

Bartman

Quote from: meadowdale on December 17, 2017, 12:49:21 PM
They are still in Canton ;D
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

MUC57

Bartman

Be very careful. As we know, St. Lawrence is in Canton, N.Y. Canton, Ohio is home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Also the Stagg Bowl site in 2020-2021.
Wait! Are you saying The Saints could be in the Stagg? Perhaps you are a prophet. If that's the case, I'll contact you later on several matters.
Have a great off season. I always read your posts.

I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MUC57

Bartman

Got your post on the OAC board. I just mentioned Mount vs Wesley based on some comments he made in the past I suppose I was out of line. Been there, done that. Thanks, Bartman.

Bartman

Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2017, 04:37:43 PM

Bartman

Be very careful. As we know, St. Lawrence is in Canton, N.Y. Canton, Ohio is home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Also the Stagg Bowl site in 2020-2021.
Wait! Are you saying The Saints could be in the Stagg? Perhaps you are a prophet. If that's the case, I'll contact you later on several matters.
Have a great off season. I always read your posts.

I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!

MUC57...this is the Liberty League ...there is no Ohio on this board.....If St.Lawrence or any LL member make the Stagg Bowl, we will recognize the other Canton.... kind of unfair that the Stagg Bowl will be in your backyard....just another home game for the Purple Raiders....yawn... one more thing , you should stop saying you get mixed up and forget things just because your old....admit that it only happens  because you're still drinking at the perpetual '57 tail gate  ;D...have a great offseason
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

jamtod

According to the legend, he was roasted over a fire of hot coals. After some time, he declared "Turn me over. I'm done on this side."

Bartman

Quote from: jamtoTommie on December 17, 2017, 09:30:30 PM

According to the legend, he was roasted over a fire of hot coals. After some time, he declared "Turn me over. I'm done on this side."
+k for the history lesson
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

the Larries, as an athletic department, are not having a fun couple of months. Subpar football season, hockey team is 1-14-1 and coaching staff under internal investigation for some reason or other, men's basketball is 2-7 and has given up 211 points in its last two games. Fun times at the North Pole, it is not.

MUC57

Bartman

OK! OK! So I do have a beer or ten at the Mount tailgate. I'm still old. Always enjoy your posts.
You also have a great off season. How many months until August? Good luck to our teams in 2018.
Have to run. Just spilled my beer.

Oline89

Quote from: Bartman on December 16, 2017, 02:34:47 PM
D3Football.com AA Team announced for 2017...first time Liberty League was shut out from any spot on the team......recruit,recruit,recruit

So now that we are in the off season, let's talk recruiting.  I just ran some numbers:

National Powers:
Mt Union:  123 on roster, 51 from out of state (41%), 15 states represented
Mary Hardin Baylor: 172(!) on roster, 5 out of state (3%), 4 states represented

Best East teams:
Brockport: 85 on roster, 100% from NY
Del Vall: 142 on roster, 65 out of state (although 50 of these are NJ, 45%), 6 states

LL
Hobart: 106 roster, 59 out of state (56%), 10 states

My take away is that Mt Union can recruit the best athletes on a national level, not on par with FBS teams, but certainly can recruit with the majority of FCS teams.  MHB draws from a  talent rich, top 3 football producing state, those players that don't quite make the cut as high school seniors for UT, TCU, Baylor, A&M, Houston, SMU. Regional East Coast power teams (Wesley, Brockport, Del Val), need to catch lightining in a bottle, where everything lines up at the right time.   Occasionally a school like Johns Hopkins or Hobart can have the ability to pull players from out of the region and make an impact.   Didn't solve the mystery of life here, but obviously it will take a little more than good recruiting for the East to compete with the national powers.  On  a much more positive note, the inter-region fight for the top spots in the East is by far the most compelling and exciting in the country!!

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: Oline79 on December 18, 2017, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: Bartman on December 16, 2017, 02:34:47 PM

So now that we are in the off season, let's talk recruiting.  I just ran some numbers:

National Powers:
Mt Union:  123 on roster, 51 from out of state (41%), 15 states represented
Mary Hardin Baylor: 172(!) on roster, 5 out of state (3%), 4 states represented

Best East teams:
Brockport: 85 on roster, 100% from NY
Del Vall: 142 on roster, 65 out of state (although 50 of these are NJ, 45%), 6 states

LL
Hobart: 106 roster, 59 out of state (56%), 10 states

My take away is that Mt Union can recruit the best athletes on a national level, not on par with FBS teams, but certainly can recruit with the majority of FCS teams.  MHB draws from a  talent rich, top 3 football producing state, those players that don't quite make the cut as high school seniors for UT, TCU, Baylor, A&M, Houston, SMU. Regional East Coast power teams (Wesley, Brockport, Del Val), need to catch lightining in a bottle, where everything lines up at the right time.   Occasionally a school like Johns Hopkins or Hobart can have the ability to pull players from out of the region and make an impact.   Didn't solve the mystery of life here, but obviously it will take a little more than good recruiting for the East to compete with the national powers.  On  a much more positive note, the inter-region fight for the top spots in the East is by far the most compelling and exciting in the country!!

UMU also has a Freshman Roster:  http://athletics.mountunion.edu/sports/fball/2017-18/freshman-roster?sort=number

Subtract the FR that have #s listed (they also appear on the regular roster) there are another 56 Freshman listed.  38 of them are from outside of Ohio.

Total Numbers for UMU:
179 Total on the Roster
89 from Out of State
49% from Out of State
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017