D3 Championship Belt

Started by Just Bill, January 24, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailsy

The BeltTM is going to the dance. Wesley defends the BeltTM defeating Salisbury. Up next Frostburg State. Both teams will be in the CAC tournament. Oh well maybe next year it will happen.
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

sac

Crying Jordan is mandatory.......he cries because he never had The BeltTm

(the best part about that photo link is it comes from golf digest)

Wesley 67  Salisbury 57

Wesley finishes out the regular beltTm season at Frostburg State on Saturday.

Their mascot is still cute

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

That means the Belt makes the CAC tourney no matter what. 
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 15, 2018, 09:26:44 AM

That means the Belt makes the CAC tourney no matter what.

Yep. I'll try to fend off the weasels for you too...

Quote from: mailsy on February 14, 2018, 11:58:25 PM
The BeltTM is going to the dance. Wesley defends the BeltTM defeating Salisbury. Up next Frostburg State. Both teams will be in the CAC tournament. Oh well maybe next year it will happen.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

mailsy

Frostburg wrestles The BeltTM from Wesley. Frostburg will carry it to previous BeltTM holder Mary Washington on Tuesday.
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: mailsy on February 17, 2018, 08:45:54 PM
Frostburg [MD] wrestles The BeltTM from Wesley [DE]. Frostburg will carry it to previous BeltTM holder Mary Washington [VA] on Tuesday.
Just got to wondering, just how many states has The BeltTM visited?

I do not think that a school that wins The BeltTM on the road, not in its home state counts for this exercise.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 17, 2018, 08:53:53 PM
Frostburg [MD] wrestles The BeltTM from Wesley [DE]. Frostburg will carry it to previous BeltTM holder Mary Washington [VA] on Tuesday.

I do not think that a school that wins The BeltTM on the road, not in its home state counts for this exercise.

So if someone wins ItTM on the road, doesn't that mean that team was already in possession of The BeltTM? Unless they won ItTM in Vegas, then Nevada wouldn't count?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

sac

Frostburg State 91  Wesley 74

Bob E. Cat is in possession of the The E. BeltTm

Frostburg State has the high honor of toting The BeltTm into the post-season.  We'll hit it hard this week with three BeltTm title match-ups in the now infinitely more prestigious CAC tournament.

Frostburg State travels to Mary Washington on Tuesday night to get things started.

Sammy D. Eagle makes another appearance, riding a fake bull that may or may night have originated in the MIAC

2017-18  Dam BeltTm Path
3-18-17  Babson
11-19-17  Endicott
11-26-17  Endicott  Middlebury
12-29-17  York(Pa)
1-20-18  Mary Washington
2-10-18  Wesley
2-17-18  Frostburg State

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 18, 2018, 11:39:15 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 17, 2018, 08:53:53 PM

So if someone wins ItTM on the road, doesn't that mean that team was already in possession of The BeltTM? Unless they won ItTM in Vegas, then Nevada wouldn't count?
Oh my!  The BeltTM in Vegas?  That is more than I can imagine. That is more luminescence and grandeur than Vegas has ever experienced. I am at a loss for words to describe that.

We would need to draft a corollary that the state hosting The BeltTM as a neutral site would get to claim credit for a state that The BeltTM has visited.

lmitzel

I look at the argument of "States The BeltTM Has Been In" from the lens of, "If you won ItTM, it went back home with you barring a situation like either winning ItTM in Vegas or on the first day of an NCAA Tournament weekend before handing ItTM over."

Based solely on that and actually not factoring in losses over a weekend, this is a map of states whose schools have won The BeltTM. I didn't post the map directly in here because it would have broken the webpage.

This also doesn't factor in potential road trips to schools in states where The BeltTM hasn't taken up residence with a victor, which would require a little deeper research. It also doesn't count excursions taken by BeltTM holders, such as Concordia-Moorhead hypothetically crossing the Red River over into Fargo, which had I been aware of The Belt'sTM existence when it was there I would have sent my cousin who lives there to try and take it on pain of Raiders of the Lost Ark face melting... though he or my uncle may have welding equipment to help protect from this.

Anyway, I like how most of the territory covered is contiguous, with exception of a few of the outposts (Washington, California, Texas, and Maine because as far as I could tell no New Hampshire schools have held The BeltTM.

But yeah, that Vegas scenario fascinates me.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Greek Tragedy

I only brought up Vegas in the chance The BeltTM holder was part of the D3hoops.com Invite/Classic that's played out there over Christmas/New Year's. ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: lmitzel on February 19, 2018, 04:13:12 PM
I look at the argument of "States The BeltTM Has Been In" from the lens of, "If you won ItTM, it went back home with you barring a situation like either winning ItTM in Vegas or on the first day of an NCAA Tournament weekend before handing ItTM over."

Based solely on that and actually not factoring in losses over a weekend, this is a map of states whose schools have won The BeltTM. I didn't post the map directly in here because it would have broken the webpage.

This also doesn't factor in potential road trips to schools in states where The BeltTM hasn't taken up residence with a victor, which would require a little deeper research. It also doesn't count excursions taken by BeltTM holders, such as Concordia-Moorhead hypothetically crossing the Red River over into Fargo, which had I been aware of The Belt'sTM existence when it was there I would have sent my cousin who lives there to try and take it on pain of Raiders of the Lost Ark face melting... though he or my uncle may have welding equipment to help protect from this.

Anyway, I like how most of the territory covered is contiguous, with exception of a few of the outposts (Washington, California, Texas, and Maine because as far as I could tell no New Hampshire schools have held The BeltTM.

That trip across the Red River of the North would have made an interesting season for the series "Fargo".

...A dossier appears on the virtual doorstep of this web page making allegations of what The BeltTM did on its recent trip Concordia-Moorhead. ...

Smitty Oom

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 19, 2018, 05:08:17 PM

That trip across the Red River of the North would have made an interesting season for the series "Fargo".

...A dossier appears on the virtual doorstep of this web page making allegations of what The BeltTM did on its recent trip Concordia-Moorhead. ...

I might be sharing some CompanyTM secrets here, but as a member of a team who held The BeltTM on two separate occasions in 2013, I can assure you The BeltTM made its away across the Red River for a night on the town in Fargo, ND!  ;D :D :) ;) :o To be fair, we didn't know how well dressed and fashionable we were, but I assure you we had an extra bounce in our step!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Smitty Oom on February 19, 2018, 07:09:30 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 19, 2018, 05:08:17 PM

I might be sharing some CompanyTM secrets here, but as a member of a team who held The BeltTM on two separate occasions in 2013, I can assure you The BeltTM made its away across the Red River for a night on the town in Fargo, ND!  ;D :D :) ;) :o To be fair, we didn't know how well dressed and fashionable we were, but I assure you we had an extra bounce in our step!

Hey, now!  Despite what the movie and TV series may want people to think, "What happens in Fargo, stays in Fargo!"