BB: E8: Empire 8

Started by maxpower, February 23, 2007, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

I mean, shouldn't the Empire 8 have its own board? People that go their games to watch their teams get swept all weekend by Ithaca should at least have a place to re-live it. And I should have a place to bitch about how the Empire 8 2006 league leader in both ERA AND Batting Average doesn't win player of the year, when it happens again in 2007.

Play Ball!

sjfcards

Huh?

any ideas for the league standings this year...?
GO FISHER!!!

John McGraw

1. Ithaca
2. Everyone else

Bob Maxwell

based on the additions Ithaca has made via the transfer route, I have to say John is 100 percent correct.

So the race is for second place...

superman57

no come on we all know that fisher is going to win the E8 and then they are going to undefeated and win the NCAA's all the while they will throw a season long perfect game, no hits no walks all season long
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

JQV

Quote from: Superman57 on February 27, 2007, 11:17:04 PM
no come on we all know that fisher is going to win the E8 and then they are going to undefeated and win the NCAA's all the while they will throw a season long perfect game, no hits no walks all season long

We are way better than you Super but damn if Fisher hasn't had our number in everything else this year.  Maybe we need to clear all those emmys Rod Serling won for the Twighlight Zone out of the Library to end this madness.

d3fan039

The Empire 8 might as well do away with the baseball conference.....what is there 4 teams left. Its pointless even playing a conference schedule. With the pitching Fisher has its gonna be tough for them to contend.

JQV

Quote from: Dr Baseball on February 28, 2007, 09:22:13 AM
The Empire 8 might as well do away with the baseball conference.....what is there 4 teams left. Its pointless even playing a conference schedule. With the pitching Fisher has its gonna be tough for them to contend.

I'd be ok with this.  I really don't think it would change IC's schedule, national stature, or postseason chances at all.  Does anyone know if Stevens Tech will be playing baseball in the E8?

Caz Bombers

Yeah, Stevens will be a full E8 member.  Last year the Ducks went 27-12, 13-5 in the Skyline but got 2 and BBQ'd in their conference tournament.

Poking around their website it seems like Stevens is going to be a real thorn in Ithaca's side in a lot of sports.  They made the tournament in basketball, are ranked #13 in lacrosse, ranked in the top 10 in soccer, women's soccer in the dance also, etc.

JQV

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 28, 2007, 03:38:30 PM
Yeah, Stevens will be a full E8 member.  Last year the Ducks went 27-12, 13-5 in the Skyline but got 2 and BBQ'd in their conference tournament.

Poking around their website it seems like Stevens is going to be a real thorn in Ithaca's side in a lot of sports.  They made the tournament in basketball, are ranked #13 in lacrosse, ranked in the top 10 in soccer, women's soccer in the dance also, etc.

Dang Zack, where's the loyalty?  This is still our league they are joining.  It stays that way until there is reason to assume otherwise.

P.S. Dance?  Are they nationally recognized by ESPN?

d3fan039

Haha stop.....I dont care who stevens beat in the past.....2 and done in the skyline tourney isnt gonna cut it. That league is a joke, stevens has a long way to go if they even want to be mentioned in the same sentence with Ithaca. How hard is it to win the skyline....come on now it doesnt matter what sports they made the DANCE in.....were talking about baseball here, and even though Stevens beat a few decent teams last year....they were 2 and done in the weak skyline. I watched Centenary's ace get burried last year at the regionals against RPI. The Skyline is a mediocre league and thats all im going to say...will leave it at that

Baseball101

I dont see how somebody can say that the Skyline conference is a joke. First off, its the only conference in the nation that plays with wooden bat. Wouldnt a college player want to play with a wooden bat to see if they are able to make it on to the next level? Metal bat is very easy to hit with. Wood bat proves who can hit. Wouldnt u want a college student playing with wood bat? Look at Cortland, they play in a confernce SUNYAC. I never heard of the conference, ive heard of Cortland. But every year they recieve a bid to the regionals. And obviously the Skyline conference cant be a joke when u have a pitcher from Centenary College being drafted. Wood bat is real baseball my friend.

superman57

stevens will hopefully help bring the e8 more notarity
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

d3fan039

First off the skyline league isnt the only wood bat league.....southern Connecticut (d2) plays in a wood bat league. One pitcher gettin drafting in your league doesnt make a difference one bit.....I wasnt questioning some of the talent in that league.....the freshman lefty centenary has was a quality pitcher.....The overal talent in that league from top to bottom isnt that good....theres players from places some of us have never heard that get drafted that means nothing......if your good your not going to college to play in a wood bat league, your getting drafted out of high school.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Baseball101 on February 28, 2007, 07:57:42 PM
I dont see how somebody can say that the Skyline conference is a joke. First off, its the only conference in the nation that plays with wooden bat. Wouldnt a college player want to play with a wooden bat to see if they are able to make it on to the next level? Metal bat is very easy to hit with. Wood bat proves who can hit. Wouldnt u want a college student playing with wood bat? Look at Cortland, they play in a confernce SUNYAC. I never heard of the conference, ive heard of Cortland. But every year they recieve a bid to the regionals. And obviously the Skyline conference cant be a joke when u have a pitcher from Centenary College being drafted. Wood bat is real baseball my friend.

Really?  That's cool that they play with wood bats, I assume they're allowed to use metal in the regionals.  Makes me wonder what other equipment wackiness they got goin on in the Skyline.  Do their golf teams play with mashies, niblicks and gutta-percha balls?  White tennis balls and softballs?  However, Baseball101, if you've never heard of the SUNYAC, unless you're from the Midwest or farther out, you're simply not paying enough attention.

Mr. Chairman--come on now, you know me better than that.  Blue and Gold Uber Alles and all that jazz.  I'm just sayin they've got some tradition, we're not adding another Elmira here.  But if their dance team has never been seen on ESPN2, well then they're just second rate ;D