FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awadelewis

Rhodes recovered quickly after a first quarter where Berry made it look like they were going to steamroller the Lynx.   Berry was able to hold them off for the win, tho'.

Doesn't look like Centre had any problems beating up on the Hendrix.   Surprised me,  thought that was going to be a closer game.

Sewanee held off Austin. That one went about as expected.   

Big game next week with Berry traveling to Centre.   

Ron Boerger

Quote from: awadelewis on September 15, 2018, 07:29:32 PM
Rhodes recovered quickly after a first quarter where Berry made it look like they were going to steamroller the Lynx.   Berry was able to hold them off for the win, tho'.

Doesn't look like Centre had any problems beating up on the Hendrix.   Surprised me,  thought that was going to be a closer game.

Sewanee held off Austin. That one went about as expected.   

Big game next week with Berry traveling to Centre.

Thompson didn't play again for Hendrix.  Hard to lose a player that good.

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: BerryViking92 on September 14, 2018, 01:51:34 PM
It seems the experts don't like our chances at Rhodes tomorrow.  Come on Vikings, prove them wrong.

Berry ran the ball often and had 300 yards on the ground.   After the 1st 3 game this seems like a theme the coaches might be using more this season.

Rhodes fought hard and made some nice plays.  8 made a few really great catches in traffic.  I wasn't sure how #6 got those balls in there.  They will certainly win some games this year.

awadelewis

Good article by Brian Lester on the D3football main page about our QB at Sewanee and how his season-ending ACL injury last season ended up with him spending the summer in an internship shadowing the surgeon who did the repair.   

http://www.d3football.com/columns/features/2018/sewanee-alex-darras-cuts-both-ways

BerryCollegeFan

Hendrix @ Austin  2:00 PM   
Rhodes @ Birmingham Southern     2:00 PM   
Millsaps @ Sewanee     2:00 PM 
Berry @ Centre    7:00 PM

Trinity is off this week...

5 teams without a conf loss.  4 play each other, so 2 will definitely fall from the unbeaten,  BSC gets its first conf game this week at home.   

BerryViking92

Big weekend looms...

Quote from: BerryCollegeFan on September 20, 2018, 08:35:45 AM

Hendrix @ Austin  2:00 PM   
Rhodes @ Birmingham Southern     2:00 PM   
Millsaps @ Sewanee     2:00 PM 
Berry @ Centre    7:00 PM

Trinity is off this week...

5 teams without a conf loss.  4 play each other, so 2 will definitely fall from the unbeaten,  BSC gets its first conf game this week at home.   

BerryCollegeFan

yes it does.  looks like it'll be cooler in Danville.  mid-80's at kickoff  Should be an awesome night for a game if the rain holds. 

I understand Centre is bringing in some extra stands on the visitors side or endzone...

roocru

Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

HookEmVikes

Was unable to get to Danville, Ky. Saturday night but was able to watch and listen online. A back and forth game that was exactly what I figured it would be with Berry and Centre. I'll admit I was worried about this game as well as last weeks game. 2 tough conference games on the road back to back with a fairly young Berry team and Centre is always a tough place to get a win. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe they have now lost twice at home in the last five years and both of those games to the Vikings. 2 huge road wins for Berry has them in the driver's seat, but still a lot of football to be played.

awadelewis

Schedule favors Berry with 4 out of the last 6 at home with road games at Hendrix and Trinity.

Millsaps is going to spoil someone's party this year based on what I saw from them on the Mountain on Saturday.   Pretty typical Majors team: not a lot of flash but solid overall play.   

Good game for the Roos with the win against Hendrix.

BerryCollegeFan

Berry brought a great crowd for the rainy game in Danville.  It was sporadically coming down in sheets, ut most of the fans stayed in the seats.  Berry filled up the visitors stands and had 1/3 of the overflow section of the home stands full.

Centre has a great home (and overall record) during the last 5 seasons.
2014 5-0 H * 10-1 road playoff loss to John Carroll
2015 4-1 H * 8-2  home loss to Hendrix, road to Chicago
2016 4-1 H * 8-2 home loss to Berry, road to Hendrix
2017 5-0 H * 9-1 road loss to Berry
2018 1-1 H * 3-1 home loss to Berry

Home 19-3 during that time - 86%

I was touched by the caring of the Centre players.  Berry had a defensive player who was seriously hurt.  A Centre player (#15 QB, I think) approached the refs and then our sideline asking the teams to huddle together at the 50 to pray for the Berry athlete.  Awesome job by those young men.  Thank you!

Berry's defense has certainly been giving up more points than the fans would like.  At times their zone can seem soft.  They did have 3 turnovers in the game and took advantage of them.  But they need to get that tightened up going forward.

BerryViking92

What a game for both Berry and Centre on Saturday.  Big win on the road.  Hope the kid is ok, by all reports very classy move by Centre.

Big win also for Austin.  Hendrix seems to be crushed by the injury to the qb.  Rhodes also impressive.  Millsaps is the surprise team by far.  Will be interesting to see how their season plays out.

MUC57

BerryCollegeFan

Great story in your post above. Nice gesture by the Centre player and the entire Centre team. When a player is injured, everyone feels it. Fine sportsmanship. Hope the player is OK and recovers soon.
Best to the Vikings on the season. ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

HookEmVikes

Millsaps usually gives Berry a tough game whether on the road or at home. Berry is at home this year with them, but I expect a battle.

BerryCollegeFan

Berry's player had to stay back in Ky.  I haven't heard an update today.  I saw a video from Sunday and he was in good spirits wishing the team well and congratulating them on the win.