WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on November 16, 2017, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: CNU85 on November 15, 2017, 10:36:23 PM
CNU was simply dominant. Keep it rolling!!!

That was expected against BC...what wasn't expected, however, was a ranked Marymount losing at R-MC and a ranked Mary Washington losing at home to W&L.  Evidently, Marymount couldn't handle R-MC's big center, as she had 34 points...not sure what happened at Mary Washington, but that's a "not so good" loss for the Eagles.

Where's bbald eagle?

GO LADY CAPS!

Also 22 rebounds.  She's only a sophomore.  Wow.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

CNU85

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 16, 2017, 11:27:45 PM
Quote from: Swish3 on November 16, 2017, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: CNU85 on November 15, 2017, 10:36:23 PM
CNU was simply dominant. Keep it rolling!!!

That was expected against BC...what wasn't expected, however, was a ranked Marymount losing at R-MC and a ranked Mary Washington losing at home to W&L.  Evidently, Marymount couldn't handle R-MC's big center, as she had 34 points...not sure what happened at Mary Washington, but that's a "not so good" loss for the Eagles.

Where's bbald eagle?

GO LADY CAPS!

Also 22 rebounds.  She's only a sophomore.  Wow.

and 6 Blocks

Swish3

A solid win for CNU after a sluggish start against their archrival...we'll see what the Lady Captains are made of on 12/20.

GO LADY CAPS!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on November 30, 2017, 08:56:38 AM
A solid win for CNU after a sluggish start against their archrival...we'll see what the Lady Captains are made of on 12/20.

GO LADY CAPS!

Everybody played, too - all the big injured players were back, at least in some form.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 30, 2017, 11:44:00 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on November 30, 2017, 08:56:38 AM

GO LADY CAPS!

Everybody played, too - all the big injured players were back, at least in some form.

Yes, it was good to see Jess play twenty minutes....

gordonmann

Christopher Newport fans should check out Ryan's Around the Nation column, which features former Captain great Chelsie Schweers and other Division III women's players who played professionally.

http://www.d3hoops.com/columns/around-the-nation/2017-18/women-pro-ball

Swish3

Quote from: gordonmann on December 15, 2017, 02:06:11 AM
Christopher Newport fans should check out Ryan's Around the Nation column, which features former Captain great Chelsie Schweers and other Division III women's players who played professionally.

Nice article!

CNU85

Quote from: gordonmann on December 15, 2017, 02:06:11 AM

Well done! An interesting topic for fans to read about even if none of their players were mentioned. I never really knew the scope of Women's professional hoops around the world.

Swish3

The Lady Captains really took one on the chin against TM, then lost at Marymount on Saturday, but it's worth mentioning that they didn't have Porter this past weekend.  Honestly, I'm not surprised that they lost to the only good teams they've played, although I didn't expect TM to beat them by 30+...I saw the women play earlier against Wesley, who's not very good, and they just didn't look like themselves.  I'm not sure how to describe it, other than to say they're off, at least in my opinion...Byrd, Daguilh and Thomas come to mind...might even throw in Fancher.  As a team, they seem to be struggling...we all know what they're capable of, so I hope they can turn it around sooner than later.

GO LADY CAPS!

gordonmann

It's weird how this happens sometimes.

Last year Texas-Tyler was in a very similar situation. They returned almost everyone from a team that made a Tournament run (though not as deep as CNU) and were ranked No. 3 in the preseason.

http://www.d3hoops.com/columns/around-the-region/south/2016-17/texas-tyler-new-heights

After a decent start, they had a miserable December, recovered enough to get a decent spot in the ASC tournament and then lost in the semis. They finished the season 20-7 and were never in the at-large bid conversation.

http://www.d3hoops.com/teams/Texas-Tyler/Women/2016-17/index

I don't think CNU falls that far but it's strange how things can change from one season to the next when the roster barely does.

Swish3

I think one of the hardest things to do in any team sport is to try and duplicate or exceed the previous year's success when everyone's expecting it...half the battle is being mentally tough, focused and managing those expectations.  The Lady Captains will likely have another very good season, but, currently, I don't see 'em making another run to the Final Four.   

Swish3

A nice win for CNU at York on Saturday...read where they were up 20 late and held on...another big one against an improving Mary Washington on Wednesday!

GO LADY CAPS!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swish3 on January 15, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
A nice win for CNU at York on Saturday...read where they were up 20 late and held on...another big one against an improving Mary Washington on Wednesday!

GO LADY CAPS!

CNU was up 20 to start the 4th... and barely held on. They are missing Porter with apparently a broken hand. Not sure about a return, but that is a significant difference.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 15, 2018, 07:17:49 PM
Quote from: Swish3 on January 15, 2018, 08:43:52 AM

GO LADY CAPS!

CNU was up 20 to start the 4th... and barely held on. They are missing Porter with apparently a broken hand. Not sure about a return, but that is a significant difference.

A broken hand?  Wow...that's not good!