FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Hawks 12

What's everyone's thoughts on the Salisbury vs Montclair State match up?

"Keep Pounding"
Sam Mills

Bobcats47

Quote from: Red Hawks 12 on October 10, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

"Keep Pounding"
Sam Mills

As much i want to root against SU, i think SU wins this by 10. Montclair had a nice run but they're playing the top 3 teams in a row and i dont think they'll win 1. But i'm rooting for montclair against SU!

Red Hawks 12

I am so reluctant to give my prediction bc I am Italian and don't want to give my guys the maloik LOL...

"Keep Pounding"

Sam Mills

TheOsprey

I got no clue, but I got to make a predict soon.  MSU and SU are still WC's to me.  Don't believe either will win the conf., but an upset I feel is possible against the top two.🤔

Teamski

I don't know.  Montclair is sort of an unknown for this year.  I wouldn't put it past them to be able to pull off the upset.   They will have to stop the triple option to make that happen.  Salisbury has had games where their run game got bogged down and ended up losing the game because they are not a come back team.  You can bottle them up.  This year is no exception.  They have no passing game.  It is all down to the run.   Salisbury will start passing if they feel they have to adjust their game plan prior to game start, but that is outside their comfort zone.  I know Salisbury tries to pass when they play Wesley as they know that once the defense gets dialed in by the second quarter, then their running offense sputters.  That passing has caught Wesley out in the past, but it only worked for a quarter or so until the secondary got adjusted.  I am interested to see if Montclair can pull it off.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

CNU85

I think SU wins big. Both teams beat CNU in OT......our last two home games. ugh! But I don't see SU with a second game in a row where they only rush for 200 yards. I see another 400 yard plus day for them and thus the W. But......what the heck do I know?

Swish3

Hmm...I see Montclair keeping Salisbury's triple option in check, but I'll give the home team a slight edge...the Gulls win another close one.

thewaterboy

Both teams are relatively unknown in terms of where they stack up in the conference. Neither team has really played anyone outside of CNU that gives you an idea. Both of their OOC wins are against Salve Regina and Albright, which aren't super impressive.

That being said, I like Salisbury in this one based upon history. Only slightly though.

wesleydad

Montclair seems to be playing better than projected and Salisbury is playing about where they were projected.  Can Montclair stop the running game?  CNU did in the second half and should have won the game.  It seems that Montclair has mad improvement on offense so they may be able to pull out the win.  Salisbury at home gives them the edge to me.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Red Hawks 12 on October 10, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

"Keep Pounding"
Sam Mills

Red Hawk, I'm not sure, looking at only box scores, we would think that both team are very comparable. However, watching Salisbury play last week during CNU's family weekend, they still have room to grow. I think that with this past week result and how the game was won, it will be used as an learning experience on how to not take a half, quarter, or possession for granted, whether it be offense, defense, or special teams. I think Salisbury will continue to grow, they have not reach their ceiling for this year. Now regarding this week's current match-up against Montclair State, I believe the game will come down to who controls the ball and has the fewer turnovers. I think the option poses difficulties for many teams and I think this week will be no exception, I see Salisbury rushing for 250+ (min), however it will come down to Salisbury secondary containing the receivers on 2nd and 3rd and long situations when Montclair has to go 4 wide. Will be an interesting game, its homecoming for Salisbury and that's going to play a big part. My prediction is 35 to 20 in favor of the Seagulls.

Red Hawks 12

I think time of possession will play a key factor, hope the weather stays dry and we'll see where the chips fall

"Keep Pounding"
Sam Mills

Ice Bear

Quote from: Red Hawks 12 on October 10, 2018, 03:24:05 PM
I am so reluctant to give my prediction bc I am Italian and don't want to give my guys the maloik LOL...

"Keep Pounding"

Sam Mills

As a fellow DAGO Dutch Boy can certainly appreciate this...
A long time fan of DIII Football!

thewaterboy

Wesley looked decent today against Kean. Two turnovers by Burroughs though. 8 INTs on the year. That's too many IMO.

Montclair-Salisbury seemed like a defensive struggle. Right around 200 yards of offense for both teams. It will be interesting to see how Wesley fares against both teams.

Wesley gets more help from Delaware Valley who beat Lycoming. Some other conferences are cannibalizing each other, which is good if Wesley ends up having to fight for a Pool C.

Bobcats47

Quote from: thewaterboy on October 13, 2018, 04:30:44 PM
Wesley looked decent today against Kean. Two turnovers by Burroughs though. 8 INTs on the year. That's too many IMO.

Montclair-Salisbury seemed like a defensive struggle. Right around 200 yards of offense for both teams. It will be interesting to see how Wesley fares against both teams.

Wesley gets more help from Delaware Valley who beat Lycoming. Some other conferences are cannibalizing each other, which is good if Wesley ends up having to fight for a Pool C.

When

Red Hawks 12

defense showed up and shut them out for 3 quarters, turnovers killed us. We were right there to win the game, had multiple chances, very hard fought battle but congrats to Salisbury

"Keep Pounding"
Sam Mills