D 3 softball

Started by oldNorse, April 10, 2009, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vabaseball

Well I lived in San Diego and my sister went to Oregon State so I used to visit her in Corvallis. My brother lived in Boulder, Colorado and near Estes Park.  I've been to Oregon, Washington and Colorado. The only states I haven't been to are North Dakota and Alaska. I'm not arguing about the beauty of Oregon.  Just saying that Virginia has some as well. Go Captains, oh and Go Linfield.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: vabaseball on May 28, 2011, 04:16:26 PM
Well I lived in San Diego and my sister went to Oregon State so I used to visit her in Corvallis. My brother lived in Boulder, Colorado and near Estes Park.  I've been to Oregon, Washington and Colorado. The only states I haven't been to are North Dakota and Alaska. I'm not arguing about the beauty of Oregon.  Just saying that Virginia has some as well. Go Captains, oh and Go Linfield.

Trail Ridge Road is still shut down due to the spring snows!

criswyly

Seeing an aircraft carrier upclose docked at Norfolk Naval Base is a thing of beauty.  I imagine one could play a game of softball on deck.
Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

vabaseball

I sure agree with you about the aircraft carriers in Norfolk....

ECSUalum

Eastern Connecticut State University- New Softball facility under construction next to Baseball field at Mansfield Sports Complex:
STATUS OF MAJOR PROJECTS
Softball Field Relocation – Funding has been received and the construction process is underway. A temporary bridge will be installed so machinery can be brought across the stream and work can start on the field. Then work on the field and the permanent bridge will occur simultaneously prior to sodding this fall. The project is expected to be completed for 2012 season.

So no more shlepping up to the University of Connecticut for home games

Trincoll14

The field cost almost $3 million

ECSUalum

Took a ride out to ECSU  to scout out the new Softball facility.  It will be a beauty!!! :)
Interesting in that it will be some what separated from Baseball stadium by trees and a bridge over a brook, yet right field only a softballs throw away from the baseball's 3rd base bleachers.

ECSUalum

Eastern Connecticut State University's new Softball Athletic Complex, Mansfield CT.

and Interview video with ECSU Softball Coach Diana Pepin:

http://nutmeg.easternct.edu/mt-static/athletics/2011/11/softball-complex-nearing-completion.html

ECSUalum

Quote from: ECSUalum on November 29, 2011, 04:49:50 PM
Eastern Connecticut State University's new Softball Athletic Complex, Mansfield CT.

and Interview video with ECSU Softball Coach Diana Pepin:

http://nutmeg.easternct.edu/mt-static/athletics/2011/11/softball-complex-nearing-completion.html

Go to google maps satellite view to see status of construction earlier this fall.  Shows mostly dirt, however as of this week, turf is all in, Scoreboard installed in right field, Dugouts and storage building completed. Bridge over small stream separating baseball and softball fields also completed. This view also shows softball field in relation to rest of ECSU Mansfield Sports Complex.

WLCALUM83

7express

Quote from: ECSUalum on September 05, 2011, 01:45:51 PM
Took a ride out to ECSU  to scout out the new Softball facility.  It will be a beauty!!! :)
Interesting in that it will be some what separated from Baseball stadium by trees and a bridge over a brook, yet right field only a softballs throw away from the baseball's 3rd base bleachers.

So sounds like Eastern will actually be able to host the LEC tournament if they win the conference this year.  Speaking Eastern and the LEC, Eastern was the unanimous pick to win the conference receiving all 8 first place votes; they won the conference, and LEC tournament last year, and made the elite 8 last season and will look to make it to the championship game this season.  Staff ace Molly Rathburn will be back to lead the Warriors.  They start in Florida, before opening up the home digs March 27.  Western Connecticut, who also made the tournament last season will return ace Mag Dargon, and will look to join Eastern in the elite 8 this year.  They start in Florida, before opening up the home schedule against Westfield state March 27; they were picked to finish 4th.  RIC ended their season with a loss to Eastern in the tournament was picked 3rd.  They open in Florida as well and open their home schedule March 31 against Keene.  Keene, who won the ECAC tournament last season will look to catapult that success with a trip to the NCAA tournament was picked to finish 2nd.  Here's the rest of the projections:
http://littleeast.com/sports/sball/2012/releases/20120131-sball-ecsu-preseason