MBB: Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Nikki, March 03, 2005, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang23

I guess that makes since but im sure if not amherst some better teams than the ones they play would schedule them ....their best comp was Tufts, Lasell and UMB (a loss and UMB finished the season with a bad record), and Plymouth state none of which made the tourny, i notice they travel to the bahamas im sure they could play some good comp...but i see where youre coming from...But also teams like Amherst and Williams tend to play good teams out of the region in tournaments and stuff and let me remind you they always have the best comp in their own league...Its like the D3's ACC

mustang23

SO what are peoples predictions for next year?
A lot of teams are losing guys...

Salem- Ife, Reid are both gone..but im sure they will have some recruits as they always do..

Worcester- Cannon, Sullivan, and their PG's....Drayton is returning

Framingham- Clark, Feeny, Tanglis are all gone..Sully and Wigman return

Westfield- Jaukovic is gone (thier best player)...

Fitchburg- Cope is gone

Bridgewater- Santos, Adamczyck,Badiali, Rondeau, Hayes, and Ryan....thier losing almost everyone

MCLA- Mitchell is gone

My predictions:

Salem, Westfield, Worcester, Framingham, Bridgewater, Fitchburg, MCLA

mustang23

masshoopfan

Great News MASCAC and D3 hoops fans. I have recieved information from a valid source that MCLA standout guard Robert Mitchell will be playing in the ABA next season. It's always great to hear about D3 players making it in the professionals. Best of luck to Mitchell.

masshoopfan

Brian Phillips

mustang23

Rumor has it that Salem will be stacked again next year. I have heard that Salems 6'9 center Anosike is returning for another year somehow. Also i have heard that salem is getting Eric Downey a 6'5 transfer from bunker hill who is also a d1 scholarship player. Also they have a kid named reggie alleyene who redshirted last year due to injury but is also a good player.

Balla Chic

Well you were right about Eric Downie and Reggie Alleyne being on our roster, but you were wrong in that Anosike is not returning. He returned to Salem, as did Allen Reid but not to basketball.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Thanks for the update.  I think Salem is going to have trouble without Anosike this year.  Not that they will have trouble winning the MASCAC again, but it will be interesting to see how they perform in their non-conference schedule.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Balla Chic

i think they'll be alright with Anosike, but I think they're going to have trouble without Shawn Bloom and Allen Reid

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

It's certainly a rebuilding year for them, luckily they play in a horrible conference and should still be able to get the NCAA berth.

masshoopfan

Congradulations to the MASCAC conference on producing another professional Basketball player. Anosike of Salem will play with the Boston Frenzy this season of the ABA. Best Wishes to Anosike. The qustion must be raised who do you think will have the better rookie season Anosike or Mitchell (MCLA) who plays with Lincoln, NE Thunder?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

So is Anosike still taking classes at Salem, as previously reported, or will he give full attention to his budding new career?

Balla Chic

he was seen on campus a few weeks ago... but ill see what I can find out

All-around

Saw two games tonight. The gordon vs. wsc game. Pretty interesting. Westfield is a run and gun type team with some very good shooters. Not too big at all but has one guy who can block a lot of shots. They could be very good this year.

Framingham was not very impressive compared to last year. They look very unathletic, and slow. Wigman and their PG look pretty good but other than that, thier pretty shallow. Could be a long year for them.