FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOPEful

Way late to responding to this, but I believe I'm row 6. I just think the CCIW was so good this season, and the margain of difference between NCC, IWU, Wheaton, and Washington was small. And the manner in which JCU was bounced from the playoffs was... not good.

My rankings could read...

1. Mount Union
2. CCIW's best
3. Ohio's second best (after Mount)
4. Best team from the best remaining conference (In this case, Trine and the MIAA)
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

wally_wabash

Quick personal news note for Pick 'Em players and readers/participants of the NRFP- I am in the midst of a cross country relocation and am currently assessing what kind of personal bandwidth I may have to dedicate to Pick 'Em and NRFP related administrative functions this fall.  I'll definitely commit to one of the two, possibly still both, but I've got to take a quick inventory and make sure I can put the time into these things that they deserve.  I know we've got games coming next week, so I'll make a decision and let the board(s) know by EOB Friday. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

FCGrizzliesGrad

So what's the verdict? It's slightly past Friday and I know you're doing the pickem but no word yet on the poll.
I've actually got my preseason ballot ready to go in plenty of time this year ::)
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

FCGrizzliesGrad

I've received word that wally is stepping down from running this and I'll be the new overlord poll runner this season. It was a peaceful exchange of power and he is definitely still alive. ;)

Anyways, I'll message everyone who voted last season. Anyone else who wants to join in this year let me know.

I know it's last minute but I'd like to try to get a preseason poll up before games kickoff on Thursday.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

wally_wabash

Thank you to FCGG.  Please pass your preseason polls along to him. 

Sorry for holding this up until game week, but I'm glad we'll finally get this off the ground ASAP. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

HOPEful

Woot! Glad to hear both Wally and this poll are still alive :)

Sent my preseason votes to you Grizz!
Let's go Dutchmen!

Captain_Joe08

I immediately sent my ballot in once I saw the message.....
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

formerd3db

Quote from: wally_wabash on September 03, 2019, 01:30:58 AM

Thank you to FCGG.  Please pass your preseason polls along to him. 

Sorry for holding this up until game week, but I'm glad we'll finally get this off the ground ASAP.

Hey wally:

Love your smoking chimney image! Great levity! Reminds me of that smoking windmill that sac posted a couple years ago when the discussion was about the age-old "Rumor Mill" in Holland/Hope College!   You guys (and others) always make this posting fun!
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

FCGrizzliesGrad

I've received 10 ballots so far. 1 person has decided not to participate this season, and one hasn't responded but based on the top 25 poll I feel like they either won't participate or will join after week 1. With that said, I'll get the poll up in a little bit.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

FCGrizzliesGrad

Hopefully this posts correctly as I don't normally do pictures but I think it'll work well. Let me know if the colors are too much.

https://i.imgur.com/RDFtDKA.png

The NRFP is voted on by: Captain_Joe08, CollegeGolf18, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, HOPEful, Li'l Giant, NCF,  smedindy, thunderdog, and wally wabash.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

CollegeGolf18

Well, this is different lol.

I am column #8 and was oh so close to hitting the nail on the head.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut

smedindy

I'm column 9 - pessimistic about IWU and Wheaton, but only slightly.

Dr. Acula

I'm column 6.  And as always I am still dry heaving from including BW on my ballot.  Unfortunately, with a good HC at the helm these days I may have to get used to it more and more.

Li'l Giant

I love the colors. thanks FCGrizzliesGrad for that.

I'm column 1.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

HOPEful

I was 3.

That may be the last time an MIAA team appears on my rankings this season :(
Let's go Dutchmen!