D3 Top 25 Fan Poll

Started by usee, October 20, 2010, 04:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleedpurple

"Ya Gotta Pull For..."

www.uwwfootball.com

smedindy

Huntingdon's performance against Witt could have a cascading affect on my ballot. If the Hawks hold on, then it will force me to reconsider Birmingham Southern, Centre AND Huntingdon.

MasterJedi

Quote from: smedindy on October 08, 2011, 03:48:27 PM
Huntingdon's performance against Witt could have a cascading affect on my ballot. If the Hawks hold on, then it will force me to reconsider Birmingham Southern, Centre AND Huntingdon.

Kean could cause some problems as well, somehow their winning now after being down 10 for awhile. They're still not playing that well.

02 Warhawk

10-0 st. thomas over Augsburg in the 3rd.

Augsburg hangin in there

MasterJedi

Muskingum loses, see this is why most of us did not rank them.  :P

BoBo

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on October 08, 2011, 04:01:48 PM
10-0 st. thomas over Augsburg in the 3rd.

Augsburg hangin in there

17-0 final for the toms
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

smedindy

Wittenberg was exposed by Huntingdon.

What to do with Witt, Huntingdon, and Birmingham Southern, who beat Huntingdon?

Dubuque may be for real, but lost a rough one to Wartburg 42-39.

What to do about Dubuque?

What to do about Cortland? Losing that game to Montclair is tough, but is it really worth demoting them?

What about Kean, who played poorly, again, but won while Wesley played well and won?

What to do about Eau Claire and Oshkosh?

At least Muskingum came back to earth.

hazzben

Quote from: smedindy on October 08, 2011, 08:16:43 PM
Wittenberg was exposed by Huntingdon.

What to do with Witt, Huntingdon, and Birmingham Southern, who beat Huntingdon?

Dubuque may be for real, but lost a rough one to Wartburg 42-39.

What to do about Dubuque?

Zweifel's numbers are just mind boggling. 18 receptions for 259 and 2 TD's. He is just on an absolutely torrid pace. And their RB Spaulding rushed for almost 200 yds and 2 TD's himself.

hazzben

Quote from: MasterJedi on October 08, 2011, 04:50:26 PM

What is interesting here is that unless Mount gets upset by someone, the OAC's 2nd place team will be no better than 8-2. Makes things a little more interesting for the Pool C discussion. Throw in the WIAC's typical craziness, the IIAC carnage today, CCIW with IWU still to play NCC, the NJAC's possible finish and this could be one of the most unpredictable/controversial Pool C years we've had in a while.

But at least the Fan Poll got easier...oh, wait.  :o

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hazzben on October 08, 2011, 08:40:53 PM
Quote from: MasterJedi on October 08, 2011, 04:50:26 PM

What is interesting here is that unless Mount gets upset by someone, the OAC's 2nd place team will be no better than 8-2. Makes things a little more interesting for the Pool C discussion. Throw in the WIAC's typical craziness, the IIAC carnage today, CCIW with IWU still to play NCC, the NJAC's possible finish and this could be one of the most unpredictable/controversial Pool C years we've had in a while.

But at least the Fan Poll got easier...oh, wait.  :o
ASC and SCIAC are in line to get Pool C bids.

smedindy

Could a "B" like Huntingdon, with one loss, become a "C". The Witt win really helps their cause, especially if BSC wins the SCAC.

The SCAC could get a "C" providing they don't cannibalize themselves when Centre, BSC and Trinity play.

Pat Coleman

They could. Football has never done it, though.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Hawks88

Quote from: smedindy on October 08, 2011, 09:24:22 PM
Could a "B" like Huntingdon, with one loss, become a "C". The Witt win really helps their cause, especially if BSC wins the SCAC.

The SCAC could get a "C" providing they don't cannibalize themselves when Centre, BSC and Trinity play.
If Huntingdon finishes with one loss then we would likely be the Pool B pick as that would mean we win out including beating Wesley to finish the regular season.

jknezek

You have to be impressed with Huntingdon. One close road loss to B-SC and good home wins over (at the time ranked) H-SC and Witt. Fortunately with Wesley still to play, you won't really have to make a tough pool B choice if they both are 8-1 on 11/12. I fully expect the winner of that game, at 9-1, to get the bid. At 8-2, I'm thinking the loser goes home. Fair or not, that is the peril of being in Pool B. On the other hand, all it really means is your playoff starts a weak early.

Hawks88

Just checked and CWRU's one loss is out of region so they may still need to lose one somewhere.