FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBQ1965

Quote from: olddog on February 22, 2018, 05:59:46 PM
Quote from: OxyBob on February 22, 2018, 04:13:37 PM
Quote from: OCguy on February 22, 2018, 10:23:52 AM
Anyone else wondering why Oxy has normal teachers and non-athletic students on the football Advisory board? Shouldn't the people deciding how to re-build a football program have experience actually playing on a football team and having success? Nobody brings in the football coaches when trying to decide the English Departments curriculum at the beginning of the year because that isn't what they know how to do. So why do they have individuals who never played the game in their life deciding the fate of the team? Something seems off here.

Nothing is off. The Oxy administration is trying to kill off the football team. Rather than just administer the coup de grace, they're slowly and designedly killing it with unrealistic and unachievable recommendations from a "task force" to provide the administration cover. Everyone thinks they're soooo clever.

OxyBob

Well said....they already nixed American Flags

Evidence?
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

CalCat

Tweet from coach Good Redlands

Fun Fact Friday:  @UR_CoachDeLa is back on the @UofR_Football coaching staff!!  He will be coaching the Corners and recruiting Central California!!
#WelcomeBack
CalCat

olddog

Quote from: CalCat on March 16, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

Fun Fact Friday:  @UR_CoachDeLa is back on the @UofR_Football coaching staff!!  He will be coaching the Corners and recruiting Central California!!
#WelcomeBack

UR no longer has any GAs in the athletic programs after this school year, not sure why but I think in the long run not a great move. GAs that move on increase the UR footprint...versus hiring older near retired local coaches.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Gray Fox

Quote from: olddog on March 19, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Quote from: CalCat on March 16, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

#WelcomeBack

UR no longer has any GAs in the athletic programs after this school year, not sure why but I think in the long run not a great move. GAs that move on increase the UR footprint...versus hiring older near retired local coaches.
Good point for all.
Fierce When Roused

olddog

Tweeter feed has Danny Gonzales UR, DB running 4.4 forty, he is looking for a pro day. Heck is CLU Qb gets an invite, how can a guy that led college football in picks and can run, not get a sniff.

RFB

Quote from: olddog on March 21, 2018, 11:03:37 AM
Tweeter feed has Danny Gonzales UR, DB running 4.4 forty, he is looking for a pro day. Heck is CLU Qb gets an invite, how can a guy that led college football in picks and can run, not get a sniff.

He was a great DIII corner, but he should look for life beyond the game.

olddog

Quote from: RFB on March 21, 2018, 02:29:19 PM
Quote from: olddog on March 21, 2018, 11:03:37 AM

He was a great DIII corner, but he should look for life beyond the game.

I agree but in life when you check the box, one has no regrets....UR has a had a few players get invited to the regional NFL combine or workouts, the last couple years. QB Kevin Russell look really good at a pro try out...surprised he did not end up in a Canadian camp, per the coaches in there. He look better than some PAC 12 and WAC qb's.

OCguy

Anybody get a look at Chapman Alum Jacob Isabel catching passes from Sam Darnold at USC's pro day yesterday? Would be great to see a kid like him make it to a training camp. He looked like the best WR on the field IMO.

RFB

Quote from: OCguy on March 22, 2018, 05:09:02 PM
Anybody get a look at Chapman Alum Jacob Isabel catching passes from Sam Darnold at USC's pro day yesterday? Would be great to see a kid like him make it to a training camp. He looked like the best WR on the field IMO.

He was a great DIII receiver, but he should look for life beyond the game.

OCguy

Im not suggesting he is going to be making the 53 or even the practice squad, but i think he probably deserves to be a camp body somewhere. All D3 players, at least the ones that i know, are all successful in their adult lives, i see no reason why Isabel is any different.

RFB

Quote from: OCguy on March 22, 2018, 07:08:15 PM
Im not suggesting he is going to be making the 53 or even the practice squad, but i think he probably deserves to be a camp body somewhere. All D3 players, at least the ones that i know, are all successful in their adult lives, i see no reason why Isabel is any different.

I hear you. I just think it's prudent for young men to look beyond the game and a find a new mission and identity. Why be a camp body where you bring into play the possibility of major injury just to say you were in an NFL camp. DIII football is plenty, and that should be enough to move on to bigger and greater things.

olddog

Quote from: OCguy on March 22, 2018, 05:09:02 PM

Clearly better hands and effort than the D1 guys....cool stuff

Jack Parkman

Nice to see Cal Lu go with the 10 game schedule like some of the other SCIAC squads have.  A few new faces this year as well.

http://www.d3football.com/teams/Cal_Lutheran/2018/index

RFB

Quote from: Jack Parkman on March 28, 2018, 08:41:13 PM
Nice to see Cal Lu go with the 10 game schedule like some of the other SCIAC squads have.  A few new faces this year as well.

http://www.d3football.com/teams/Cal_Lutheran/2018/index

Good to see Cal Lu going to a 10 game schedule too. The game against UW-Stout will be very interesting. They gave St. Thomas their only regular season loss last year.

olddog

So far who will be playing a 10 game season.

10 games next year, UR, the Regals, and CMS
9 games, Poets, Chappy, ...surprised Chapman at 9
Have not published, La Verne and Pomona, makes one think they might be trying to find 10th game, especially LV
TBD, Oxy Tech, as of now 8 games and an exhibition. No line on if they will complete the season out of Vegas, hope the Mexican team has a liquidated damages clause if Oxy does not show up.