MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Parris

Former IIAC hoopers/coached/SID's/Fans,

I have an idea I am working on. Can I get an "All Decade Team" for your respective schools? I'd like to see 10 people on each team, preferably players who graduated and played at least 3 years. The decade team can be from 1990-2000 OR 1995-2005. I'll explain the idea later on. You can email me the list as well as posting it here, mailto:keithd45@yahoo.com">keithd45@yahoo.com

Thanks!

sportsknight

Here are 9 nominees for the Wartburg 1995-2005 team.  I'd through Atchison and Meeks in if not for the 3 year rule.

Jason Steege
Mike Pipho
Jake Olsen
Troy Osterhaus
Pat Morrison  
Rich Kloster
Thad Peck
Matt Freeseman
Nate Schmidt
"Graduating from college in four years is like leaving a party at 10:30." - Chuck Klosterman

Keith Parris

SportsKnight,

Thanks! You may be contacted by me in a few, concerning my plan.

sidelines

OK..I'm going to take a shot at this.  I had to look back at the mid-90's teams to be able to do this, but these would be my nominations from BV for 1995-2005.

Adam Jones
Eric Wiebers
Chris Petersen
Scott Weber
Aaron Bloom
Nick Dentlinger
Casey Pelzer
Randy Bissen
Landon Roth
Brett Smith

Tough team to beat I would t hink.

take a guess

Let's take a stab at this one.  Simpson's team from 1995-2005

Adam Doll
Nathan Ackerman
Chris Perrin
Bryan Martin
Joe Copolla
Jesse Harris
Dirk Walker
Josh Crandall
Jason Snyder
Matt Brown

The Show

Well, since this has been dead for awhile. Let's see your list Keith.

Keith Parris

Show....my list is damn near impossible. For players/fabns who have followed the IIAC for the past 8-10 years, you'll know that we have had 4 coaches, probably 20 players who played 1-2 years and very few players who graduated and were good to great players. I think McDermott is turing it around (I would have loved to play for him) and I think UD will be in the top half of the conference in 2 more years (Nick Thomas's senior year)..so that being said, my top players maybe unknown to most of you guys

Keith Parris

But here we go:

Jeremy Puttman
Ryan Piccolotti (sp)
Mark Beinborn
Keith Johnson
Keith Parris
Eric Farley
Marlon Griffin
Nick Thomas (Assuming he stays and graduates)

Keith Parris

knowitall

PG at Simpson...all-time assist leader....was 2 years ahead of Doll and that group.  Lefty, not much of a score, but relentless and one of the best passers I have seen.. Very smart PG

Lance Harbor

SportsKnight - Get rid of "Jake Olsen" and put it "Mike Hotz."  Then, I think we can all agree that the list is complete.

Just giving you a hard time, Crowdpleaser.

The Crowdpleaser

balla_1982

Sidelines, I agree with your list with the exception of Cameron not being on...1,000+ scorer, I believe 3rd all-time steals, led the conference in 3 pt.% senior season, and 3-year starter who always created mismatch problems for opposing teams.  Tough to keep that off, I'd put him over a couple of guys you have listed

The Show

Not sure who Aaron Bloom is. More than likely that's just because it was before my time at BV. I'm sure he must have been pretty good to make Sidelines' list, but maybe plug Cameron in there. I'd also try to make room for Nolan Stribe.  

Otherwise, just make it easy on everyone and let BV have an 11 or 12 man list...http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>