MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Curious - does anyone on here actually talk about their teams, break down games they have gone to, and further analyze anything? Or is this just good for "picks"?
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

r.w. mcnickels

Halftime in Westminster:

McDaniel 35, F&M 24

Terror holding the Dips to just 33% from the field; Milligan and Brooks are a combined 0-7.  Josh McKay has 12 for McDaniel.

r.w. mcnickels

McDaniel moves to 9-3 (4-1 CC) with a 66-57 win over F&M, ending the Dips' winning streak at 11.

Reserved Seat

Quote from: Dave "d-mac" McHugh on January 13, 2009, 06:18:42 PM
Curious - does anyone on here actually talk about their teams, break down games they have gone to, and further analyze anything? Or is this just good for "picks"?

I thought the boards were for the fans.  I didn't know our actions would being critiqued.  There's a core of fans on this board who enjoy picking the winners.

Despite the concerns of an outsider, F&M/McDaniel was an ugly display of basketball.  Both teams played offensive offenses.(At times you just wanted to throw your hands up and look away}  McKay must've had a career night for McDaniel.  He played a very physical game on both ends of the court and didn't incur an whistles until late in the game.  By the time he received his first foul, he seemed like he had at least 10.  He reared himself into good positon for easy shots.  McDaniel played a very aggressive defense which caused F&M to never get into the flow of the game.
There was a lot of sloppy ball handling by both sides.  McDaniel did seem to have better ball movement.  McDaniel kept F&M from getting any clean looks at threes.

Pat Coleman

Sure, but there are even more people who would be interested in learning something about the teams. Myself included.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Reserved Seat

Pick-ems for 1/15/09

F & M(hopefully they learned from their first loss)
Muhlenberg(home court should be enough of an advantage)
Gettysburg(still the class of the league, but I'll still pick F&M when they meet)
Dickinson(rebounding and home court should be enough to win)
McDaniel(should be a very physical game)

Sorry, Pat, but I can only tell you about F&M and their current opponent.

D.B. Cooper

1/15 picks

Haverford (don't trust Dips on the road)
Muhlenberg (coin toss, came up home)
G-Burg (continues march to Appomattox)
Ursinus (Devils drop another must win tilt)
McDaniel (Will take out a whupping stick on Shoremen)

BRCE4

Picks for 1/15
F&M ( Haverford playing well but F&M may be better at every position)
Mules (Hopkins has owned them of late but home court is enough for mules this time)
Gettysburg ( Too hard to pick Swat to win against a contender)
Ursinus ( still the champ although Dickinson is due to beat someone)
McDaniel ( Wash plays hard and scrappy but McDaniel is just too athletic)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Reserved Seat on January 13, 2009, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: Dave "d-mac" McHugh on January 13, 2009, 06:18:42 PM

I thought the boards were for the fans.  I didn't know our actions would being critiqued.  There's a core of fans on this board who enjoy picking the winners.

Despite the concerns of an outsider, F&M/McDaniel was an ugly display of basketball. 

OK - my comment had NOTHING to do with critiquing things, but it would be nice to hear people's opinions. I don't mind the picks, but when that is the only thing on here it is a bit frustrating.

As for the "outsider" comment, if that was directed at me, you are a bit off. While I certainly didn't attend a Centennial school, I wouldn't say I am an outsider. I see plenty of Centennial games during the season and know the coaches and SIDs pretty well. However, it is nice to hear from people about games they have seen, especially if I haven't gotten to a few in awhile.

It was simply a request!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gabriel

I think this is one of the more civil basketball blogs I have observed.  Try reading through the Northeast blog sometime and you will want to stick with this one.  I like thoughtful comments made in a civil manner.

My picks for 1/15

F&M                Could be a close
Muhlenberg     Home court
Gettysburg      No contest
Ursinus           A tough road contest for the Bears
McDaniel         Eke out a tough road win

Pat Coleman

They're thoughtful comments but not very informative.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

UniqueNewYork

Pick-ems for 1/15/09

F & M (will be motivated after first loss)           
Muhlenberg (going with the home team despite Blue Jays being on a roll)
Gettysburg (didn't have to think long about this one)
Dickinson (Need Kizmar and Corey Kenny to show up at home)
McDaniel (Coming off two good wins, McDaniel will win at home)

Reserved Seat

Quote from: Gabriel on January 14, 2009, 08:27:12 AM
I think this is one of the more civil basketball blogs I have observed.  Try reading through the Northeast blog sometime and you will want to stick with this one.  I like thoughtful comments made in a civil manner.

I agree.  Some of the boards have a large quantity of inane bantering.

Over the last few years, F&M seems to have a tendency to make bad, big centers look good.

r.w. mcnickels

Quote from: Reserved Seat on January 14, 2009, 10:45:30 AM
Quote from: Gabriel on January 14, 2009, 08:27:12 AM

I agree.  Some of the boards have a large quantity of inane bantering.

Compared to what it used to be like, I think the CC board is much improved.  I've been reading it for a long time, and I remember that it was once called "slow as molasses" on the old site.  So, I think the pick 'ems have actually helped keep the board moving and fans involved.  There isn't hard analysis in every post, but there has been plenty this season.

I actually think it's a good thing that the people who run the website want to know more about this conference.  Maybe expressing frustration over the pick 'ems wasn't the right way to go about it, but it shows that people who vote in the Top 25 want our opinion.  If I were able to get to more F&M games (aside from Live Stats) I'd certainly contribute the way others have.

Pat Coleman

Even before then, it used to have actual posters with actual posts and information.