MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunny

Quote from: r.w. mcnickels on February 11, 2006, 12:55:34 PM
Any adjustments to the game times of the F&M @ Washington doubleheader this afternoon?  The roads between Lancaster and Chestertown seem to be right in the bulls-eye of the heaviest predicted snowfall, which should be occurring later this afternoon.  Safe travels to all...

Still on for 2:00 and 4:00.

outinamishland

was the fandm game cancelled?  I couldn't get the live stats option to work from the centennial website.

swish

As far as I know the game was on. The team left here around noon. It's possible the womens game ran late or the STATS isn't working.

swish

Game started at 4:30. Go Dips!!!

outinamishland

Well it looks like with the beating that was handed to us by Washington today our playoff hopes are over.  Very disappointing season.  The only game I was able to watch this year was here at Hopkins and we didn't look too bad.  G-Rob will have to reload for next year and hopefully he can bring in some talent that can make a run for a championship.   

r.w. mcnickels

Ursinus takes sole possession of first place with a convincing 89-65 win over Hopkins.  McGarvey goes for 20 points and nine assists.  Looks like the road to the NCAAs goes through Collegeville in two weeks.

Fifth-place Haverford moves to 8-8 in the conference by beating Dickinson, while Muhlenberg could move to 8-8 tomorrow with a victory over McDaniel in the postponed game.

F&M lays an egg in Chestertown, realistically ending the Dips' hopes of sneaking into the playoffs as the 5 seed.  Long trip back through the snow for the Dips.

diplomaniac1

Folks -

For those that didn't catch the Indiana-Iowa game on tv yesterday, Donny Marsh, Assistant Coach at Indiana, ran the team while the head coach missed the game with the flu.

Marsh was an all-american at F&M in the late 1970's and is still F&M's all-time career scoring leader. He led them to their first final four in 1979. Donny was a class act when he was at F&M and has steadily moved up the coaching ranks. I think this is his first year on the Indiana coaching staff.

I don't usually root for Indiana. However, I found myself "tolerating" them yesterday afternoon with Donny's prominent role on the sideline!

Congrats and continued good luck to a great guy.

Regards to all.

Eric

Warren Thompson

Quote from: diplomaniac1 on February 12, 2006, 05:03:06 PM

Marsh was an all-american at F&M in the late 1970's and is still F&M's all-time career scoring leader. He led them to their first final four in 1979. Donny was a class act when he was at F&M and has steadily moved up the coaching ranks. I think this is his first year on the Indiana coaching staff.

Eric

Yes, I saw a lot of Marsh's talents in action back then. Unfortunately, it was v. LVC.  :'(

bearsfan1

Just wanted to comment on the atmosphere during the UC-Hopkins game on Sat.
It was incredible, packed house for the most part.  The student government really went all out for this game with a t-shirt giveaway for senior day, showcasing the new mascot, and having the band play during the game.  For the first time that I have been at UC it felt like a college basketball game atmospere(like you see in TV).  The team completely outplayed Hopkins, at one point during the game, Coach Nelson(JHU) told his team UC knew exactly what plays were being run as the clogged up passing lanes or just the overall pressure.  Two straight 20 point wins!  Like I have said before, UC has finally clicked and they are running on all cylinderss.  The road goes through Collegeville.

cc_fan

Ursinus really played great!  I was especially surprised with the effort from the Ursinus seniors.  They played great defense even though they (Seniors) were undersized.  I hope to see this intensity carry straight through to the playoffs.

bearsfan1

Hopefully UC clinches the number 1 seed in the conference tourney with a win tonight against Haverford.  The team should be out to show that the one point win at Haverford was just bad play. 10+ point victory tonight for the bears

bearsfan1

Great game all around by the Bears tonight to clinch the number 1 seed.  Convincing 27 point win over a team that usually gives trouble (all without Shattuck their leading scorer).  Looking forward to the conference tourney

r.w. mcnickels

Quote from: bearsfan1 on February 15, 2006, 09:21:22 PM
Convincing 27 point win over a team that usually gives trouble (all without Shattuck their leading scorer).

Why didn't Shattuck play?

bearsfan1

Quote from: r.w. mcnickels on February 15, 2006, 09:54:59 PM
Quote from: bearsfan1 on February 15, 2006, 09:21:22 PM
Convincing 27 point win over a team that usually gives trouble (all without Shattuck their leading scorer).

Why didn't Shattuck play?

Shattuck was sick

commish

The Centennial Conference Basketball Network will be in full force Saturday as the fifth and final playoff berth is determined.  Pat Cummings and Gordon Mann will be at Tarble Pavilion for the 150th renewal of the Haverford-Swarthmore rivalry.  Steve Ulrich will be at Mayser Center for the Johns Hopkins-Franklin & Marshall tilt.  Our friends at WMUH-FM will be deputized as an official CCBN outlet as they will handle the play-by-play of the Muhlenberg-Ursinus game. 

Want more ... our "Score Blog" (http://centennialconference.blogspot.com) will have real-time updates from around the Conference.  Don't miss a minute of the action.