MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.w. mcnickels

NCAA Sweet 16 picks:

Ursinus in OT
Rochester by 5

Gettysburg-Ursinus IV could be one for the ages, but in the end, homecourt will be the difference.

Neer's troops withstand everything Coast Guard throws at them.

r.w. mcnickels

Around the Nation contains an article on Gettysburg and a clip of Dorsey's buzzer beater:

http://www.d3hoops.com/nation/

I wonder how many hearts stopped when Elms hit the halfcourt shot after time expired.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: r.w. mcnickels on March 13, 2008, 01:46:32 PM
I wonder how many hearts stopped when Elms hit the halfcourt shot after time expired.

Good question. It was clear to me that it was no good but not sure how many others.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

old ends

It seems that  the Centennial Conference is on Spring break. attendence could be low and home court fans may not be as big of a factor as thought.

bearsfan1

Ursinus's Spring break started last weekend and I thought both games had a decent attendence.  From talk I am hearing, there seems to be a bunch of students going back to school early and alumni coming for the game.  There was also a rumor floating around that Gettysburg would be busing fans in but I am not sure if that will be the case if they are on break too

diplomaniac1

Sweet Sixteen Pick-Ems -

Urinsus over Gettysburg.

Rochester over Coast Guard.

It could be really loud at Ursinus if Gettysburg does bus fans in. I saw that happen a number of years ago in a Centennial Conference title game and they practically took over Mayser Center and made it their own!

Good luck. Regards to all.

Eric

r.w. mcnickels

Quote from: diplomaniac1 on March 14, 2008, 10:47:49 AM

It could be really loud at Ursinus if Gettysburg does bus fans in. I saw that happen a number of years ago in a Centennial Conference title game and they practically took over Mayser Center and made it their own!

Eric,

That was quite an atmosphere -- good memories for Gettysburg fans I'm sure.  I think you could still smell the aroma of kool-aid in Mayser the following season. :)

old ends

Rochester up by 1 at the half.
Rochester 26
Coast Guard 25

old ends

Coast Guard 51
Rochester 40  4 min left

Upset brewing???

old ends

Coast Guard wins the game now awaits the winner of Ursinus- Gettysburg game

Coast Guard 57    Rochester 48

old ends

Gettysburg better get hot.. Ursinus up by 17 11:35 to go

old ends

Results for 3/14/08 pick-em

Leo                2  -  0                 7  -  1
Old Ends         2  -  0                 7  -  1
r.w.mcnickels  1  -  1                 6  -   2
bearsfan1       1  -  1                 6  -  2
Suetonius        0  -  2                5  -  3
diplomanic1     1  -  1                4  -  4
Reserved Seat 1 -  1                 4  -  4   

as Ursinus wins 79 - 55 over Gettysburg

old ends

Pick-em's for 3/15/08

Ursinus  vs  Coast Guard

get the pick in before tip-off tomorrow

old ends

bearsfan1

Ursinus  vs  Coast Guard - Home crowd is factor

I looked at the box score from the UC-GC game and it said the attendence was 2000.  Boy it seemed like more.  For the five years I have been going to games, nothing has ever come close to the amount of people that were there tonight.  The stands were completely full and every wing of the gym had people crammed into it. Absolutely great atmosphere.  It was truly amazing. Also, for the second straight game, one of the biggest reasons for a Bears win was the inside play of Shema. Go Bears!