MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old ends

Pick-em for 11/21

it is early but just so you have a chance to look things over. Will repost the week before

November 21
PSU Harrisburg at Franklin & Marshall
Elizabethtown at Gettysburg
Oglethorpe at Haverford
Moravian at Johns Hopkins
Penn State York at McDaniel
Hunter at Muhlenberg
Swarthmore vs. Vassar
St. Lawrence vs. Ursinus

enjoy

old ends

Nice article on D3 hoops

Gettysburg, Ursinus Earn High Marks in Preseason Men's Basketball Polls
(October 23) - It's been a long time since a pair of Centennial men's basketball teams have received this kind of preseason attention ... but it's been a long time since two teams had a season like Gettysburg and Ursinus did last season. The Bullets are ranked sixth by The Sporting News, while the Bears are pegged at No. 4 by DIII News. Both are top 15 picks by D3hoops.com with Gettysburg coming in at No. 11 and Ursinus at No. 12.

old ends

John Hopkins will be representing the Centennial Conference at an ECAC Holiday Festival in Orlando, FL

Click below  for more info:
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=39939

enjoy

D3Basketball

I am very anxious to see how the Centennial is this year.  I could see possibly 4-6 teams here challenging one another for the top spot, with Gettysburg being the top right now.  I may be wrong, but excited for the upcoming Centennial season.

Gabriel

D3Basketball,

I would agree.  The league would seem to be very well balanced with Gettysburg the early favorite.

old ends

Both Gettysburg and Ursinus are in the top preseason 25.

Could be a good year for the conference as a whole.

D3Basketball

Kevin Breslin from Washington College and St. Maria Goretti will be a newcomer to watch this year for the Centennial.  He is a player that Washington could really start to build that Shoreman basketball program back to where they should be.

Reserved Seat

I guess I'll get the ball bouncing.  No bias here. :)

November 21
Franklin & Marshall
Gettysburg
Haverford
Johns Hopkins
McDaniel
Muhlenberg
Swarthmore
Ursinus

old ends

I love it when a guy goes conference... I'll do the same Picks for 11/21

F & M
Gettysburg
Haverford
Hopkins
McDaniel
Muhlenberg
Swathmore
Ursinus

There are games the very next day but I am going to skip that day because some are tourny games and we will not have enough time to work it. No real conference games to speak of that day.

D3Basketball

Congrats to Capkin on his D3hoops honorable mention selection.  The east coast as a whole is not represented well at all here.  What's the deal?

pizzashop

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Pat Coleman

Quote from: D3Basketball on November 07, 2008, 08:55:19 AM
Congrats to Capkin on his D3hoops honorable mention selection.  The east coast as a whole is not represented well at all here.  What's the deal?

Well at all on the message board or on the preseason All-American team?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

old ends

Quote from: D3Basketball on November 07, 2008, 08:55:19 AM

For those who did not know Dan Capkin is a senior gaurd at Gettysburg.